Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calibrated Power tune 2020 2500 cummins

John Jensen

Reaction score
Update
Got my truck back today. They reprogrammed all modules and restored the truck configuration, so they say. It's covered under my extended warranty but they charged me $308.00 because I entered the module to change "oversized" tire settings. I told them I was truthful, and that they have taught me to lie. Their response was, "That would have worked".

Here's the BS! They didn't reprogram all modules to factory configuration. The truck's top speed is still 68mph, the Cruise is still set at 53mph, it still shows my gear next to the odometer (which is not a factory setting), and whatever else, I don't know. They did restore my steps to deploy, my odometer and my speedometer. and my surround sound cameras. By the way, I have factory size tires.

Will return it to the dealer after the Holiday. It sure makes a difference of who's in charge. With the great Service Manager who quit this dealership, this crap would have never happened. Now it seems like it's just another one of those dealerships that others complain about
Update
They haven't fixed it yet. Got a chance to talk to their top electronics tech today. He said the codes are locked in the ECU and every time he programs the ECU back to factory specs the Body Module's bad Max Speed and bad Max Cruise settings don't change to factory, they remain incorrect. And the two related codes remain. The tech was ready to escalate to Chrysler when I suggested trying a new ECM. So that's the next step. Having 33 or more flashes on the ECM, I really don't want Chrysler involved.

It's been eight days of trying to correct the problem that won't go away. And, I'll take my BS comments back as the tech was doing what was required, it just wasn't working and they don't know why.

flan

Reaction score
Gonna be a expensive mistake for sure, thanks for sharing so maybe others will learn from this.

Riddick

Reaction score
John, what module did you access to change the speed settings? The fact the ECM was programmed by you and the dealer and it didn't fix the problem is concerning. I wonder if it's a combination of modules between the BCM and the ECM? I'd hate for you to fork out the dough for a new ECM it doesn't fix the problem. Do you have a backup file you can load into the BCM? I know the dealer already reprogrammed your BCM once, but I was fairly certain that the speed limiter settings were contained in this module.

John Jensen

Reaction score
John, what module did you access to change the speed settings? The fact the ECM was programmed by you and the dealer and it didn't fix the problem is concerning. I wonder if it's a combination of modules between the BCM and the ECM? I'd hate for you to fork out the dough for a new ECM it doesn't fix the problem. Do you have a backup file you can load into the BCM? I know the dealer already reprogrammed your BCM once, but I was fairly certain that the speed limiter settings were contained in this module.
Accessed the Body Module. I believe that's the only way to change it with Alpha.
Yes, I have a backup file/s. Haven't looked yet to see if Alpfa will let me select a backup file or only use the last one. The last one is a corrupted file. Will be taking the truck back as is. It has all my fishing equipment and need it for a trip to Oregon this week. Will reload my Calibrated SOTF as that works perfectly (except for the cruise control).

Also, need to get the dealer's new ECU cost and if too high will order one off the web and complete when I return from Oregon.

Jay P

Reaction score
Yes, I have a backup file/s. Haven't looked yet to see if Alpfa will let me select a backup file or only use the last one. The last one is a corrupted file.
You can pick the backup file with the windows version of Alfa, not sure of the android version. It's normal to get an error when restoring a backup file if there are any changes in the backup (from factory original settings), but it still applies the backup. If you have a backup before any changes were made it should complete with no errors.

John Jensen

Reaction score
You can pick the backup file with the windows version of Alfa, not sure of the android version. It's normal to get an error when restoring a backup file if there are any changes in the backup (from factory original settings), but it still applies the backup. If you have a backup before any changes were made it should complete with no errors.
Thanks. I have both Android and Windows Alfa. I will give it a go when I get the truck back.

Users who are viewing this thread