Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Truck Details

b307a1

Reaction score
ODS, are you going to continue with the order tracking for 2024? I went sniffing around at my dealership about ordering an HD Rebel and was told that the order window for the 2023's is closed.

WXman

Reaction score
Ordering for '23s is wrapping up this week from what I hear. I guess no changes to the '24s (suprise surprise). Maybe we'll see a new HD truck from Ram in 2034.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Ordering for '23s is wrapping up this week from what I hear. I guess no changes to the '24s (suprise surprise). Maybe we'll see a new HD truck from Ram in 2034.
I’ve got some hope there will be changes for 2024 and they’re being smart enough to hide them. Maybe we’ll hear more in the next couple months.

Reaction score
Really?! I’m no expert, but this seems really early?

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Thinking the same. Seems wild to only have production for 6 months. I believe the line started moving in December.
Production won't stop as they still have a backlog of trucks to build. They're just no longer taking orders.

I don't think this is wildly earlier than usual.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Production won't stop as they still have a backlog of trucks to build. They're just no longer taking orders.

Ahh. Makes sense.

I was talking to mark dodge about a jeep, and they mentioned only being able to order ‘24 wranglers right now as well.

UglyViking

Reaction score
A little late to this convo, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the 2024+ Rams. Ford and GM have really stepped their game up, and while Ram had a first mover advantage with their interior refresh, I'd say it's gone. I'll be interested in seeing if the Cummins gets the ZF 8 speed finally.

IPASooner

Reaction score
A little late to this convo, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the 2024+ Rams. Ford and GM have really stepped their game up, and while Ram had a first mover advantage with their interior refresh, I'd say it's gone. I'll be interested in seeing if the Cummins gets the ZF 8 speed finally.

Totally agree. Need the new cab, pano sunroof, refreshed dash, power train, etc. updates. sooner than later to keep up.

Would also love to see off road models like PW and Rebel come with 35s (at least) from factory and additional armor/protection packages.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Totally agree. Need the new cab, pano sunroof, refreshed dash, power train, etc. updates. sooner than later to keep up.

Would also love to see off road models like PW and Rebel come with 35s (at least) from factory and additional armor/protection packages.

How it looks on our end so far, and some paralells to the Jeep (which can only be taken with a handful of salt)

2023 HD Dealer Stock orders we were advised in April that April was our last month to place orders for 2023s (cutoff was around 4/20 or so)
We continued to place sold-orders for customers on 2023's through 5/10
On May 11th, 2023 HDs were closed for ordering for customers, 2024s were opened.
- HOWEVER - there is no pricing listed on the 2024s, and the official code-guides are not published yet
We do have dealer stock orders placed, and have been told this is for July production (estimate of course)

Comparatively, same thing happend with Jeep Wrangler as follows
March 15th, 2024 opened, 2023 closed for sold orders
Code guides and pricing came out April 26th
Production scheduled to start later next week (we hove orders in D1 with build dates)

So with all that being said, we don't know much about what is in the cards for 2024 HDs BUT we do see that it is all the same model #s and general packages, though there could be slight changes (and later in MY changse) it appears to be relatively similar. Otherwise, we'd have seen different model #s I think. Will post up nice nice when we have official code guides to refer to.

Just our luck, feels like this month I've had more customers ready to order HDs than the last two months combined, such is life!

WXman

Reaction score

Yes, and my big thing has been the gas option. They NEED to update the gas engine option. With prices getting out of control, a LOT of buyers are choosing to save that $10k and go with the gasoline engine. Ford has two new entries, GM has one new entry and a second officially announced to be in the works. Ram hasn't done anything for 12 years. It's pathetic. If they would just take the time to update the old 6.4L that would at least be something. 430 HP and 470 lb/ft should be easy to do with 392 cubic inches and it would make them competitive.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Yes, and my big thing has been the gas option. They NEED to update the gas engine option. With prices getting out of control, a LOT of buyers are choosing to save that $10k and go with the gasoline engine. Ford has two new entries, GM has one new entry and a second officially announced to be in the works. Ram hasn't done anything for 12 years. It's pathetic. If they would just take the time to update the old 6.4L that would at least be something. 430 HP and 470 lb/ft should be easy to do with 392 cubic inches and it would make them competitive.
But instead of that they just eliminated the gas option for the higher LongHorn and Limited trim levels. Makes absolutely no sense. So glad I purchased my Limited with the big Hemi when I did. It does everything I need it to.

UglyViking

Reaction score
But instead of that they just eliminated the gas option for the higher LongHorn and Limited trim levels. Makes absolutely no sense. So glad I purchased my Limited with the big Hemi when I did. It does everything I need it to.
Ram commented on that when they accounced the change, and it was something like over 90% of all Longhorn and above trucks are optioned with the Diesel, so it just didn't make sense to continue with the option according to Ram.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Ram commented on that when they accounced the change, and it was something like over 90% of all Longhorn and above trucks are optioned with the Diesel, so it just didn't make sense to continue with the option according to Ram.
All trims are made on the same production line. So they save nothing. But what they are saying is that the the 10% who want a luxury truck with a gas engine, they should go elsewhere.

WXman

Reaction score

Which means they alienated 10% of their customer base with that decision. Terrible business practice.

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'm not making a judgement call on the decision, I'm simply reporting the news.

That said, from a business perspective I can see how it would make sense. I'm not a dealer, but I'm willing to bet that the higher trim models without the Cummins sit on the lot longer, and eventually have higher discounts on them because of the drastically smaller pool of potential buyers. You'd need to ask a handful of dealers to see how true this is, but it's just my guess.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Agai
I'm not making a judgement call on the decision, I'm simply reporting the news.

That said, from a business perspective I can see how it would make sense. I'm not a dealer, but I'm willing to bet that the higher trim models without the Cummins sit on the lot longer, and eventually have higher discounts on them because of the drastically smaller pool of potential buyers. You'd need to ask a handful of dealers to see how true this is, but it's just my guess.
Again it is a perception. They order the Cummins on the high trim levels because they are looking to maximize profit. Also, dealers don't have to stock them. Just order one when somebody wants it. Thats what I did. The mechanics at my dealership LOVE my truck and said is was a smarter purchase over the Cummings. Next off, most dealers don't stock MegaCabs. Then many dealers seem to only stock black interiors nowadays. And not only did I want the big Hemi, I wanted the 4.10 rear end and air suspension as well. I absolutely LOVE my truck. I tow a 30' Airstream and the wife and I wanted that luxury truck for comfort on those long drives. Actually we are headed down to the Florida Keys in a couple of weeks with another couple. The comfort of the MegaCab was a strong sales point for me. And I have said it before, I do not understand why anybody gets the Cummins in the 2500 as you lose way to much payload. Especially in the higher trim levels. You can't even use the full capability of the Cummins in a 2500. If I actually needed a diesel, and many who get it don't actually NEED it, I would get a 3500. My TT max is just under 9k. My truck is rated to tow just north of 16k. So I am actually in the sweet spot with plenty of extra capacity. That said, I think anything over 12k for towing puts you in diesel territory, and best in a full one ton truck.

Users who are viewing this thread