Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Truck Details

UGARude

Reaction score
My list of things that will push me into buying the updated truck is short, but I look forward to these:
  • More legroom in the back seat with a longer cab. I am 6'7" so anyone behind me is cramped, but honestly it's tight behind any full size adult. Any little bit would help. I don't really want a mega cab.
  • Telescopic steering wheel/column. By the time I scoot the seat back for room, the steering wheel is a mile away. I still can't believe my 2020 could not have the telescopic setup.
  • I hope the seats sit a little lower in relation to the dash. GMC/Chevy trucks feel more like you are 'in' the truck where sometimes I feel like I'm sitting on or above mine. Don't lower the seat as much as raise everything else.
  • I hope for a flat floor.
I agree with this. My 2022 TRX had the telescoping wheel. Not sure why the 2023 Longhorn goes without. Also, I do feel like I sit "high" even with the seat lowered all the way. If I'm wearing a hat the bill will rub the roof.

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
I agree with this. My 2022 TRX had the telescoping wheel. Not sure why the 2023 Longhorn goes without. Also, I do feel like I sit "high" even with the seat lowered all the way. If I'm wearing a hat the bill will rub the roof.
I almost did not buy my current truck just because of that.

troverman

Reaction score
Still blows my mind that we dont have telescoping steering wheels on these trucks. My wifes 2015 x5 has power telescoping from 8 model years ago.
The HD's still have the old cab architecture, despite the newer dash. That means the steering column is not designed to telescope. For perspective, many years ago we had a 1995 Mercedes E320 with a power telescopic steering wheel. That was 28 years ago. Ford has had tilt/telescope since at least 2011 on their Super Duty trucks, and power tilt / telescope with memory since at least 2017.

troverman

Reaction score
The 6.4L Hemi will continue to power the gas HD RAMs - they are not getting the Hurricane for the same reason Super Duty Fords don't get the EcoBoost.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
sure power telescoping would be nice, but how many times do you really adjust the steering wheel. a manual adjustment would work just fine for me

our daily driver honda accords over the past several years have manual telescoping steering wheels...and that's even on the base models.

seems like Ram thinks power telescoping is all that people would want...i'd trade the adjustable pedals my bighorn has for a manual telescoping steering wheel in a heartbeat

tchur1

Reaction score
sure power telescoping would be nice, but how many times do you really adjust the steering wheel. a manual adjustment would work just fine for me

our daily driver honda accords over the past several years have manual telescoping steering wheels...and that's even on the base models.

seems like Ram thinks power telescoping is all that people would want...i'd trade the adjustable pedals my bighorn has for a manual telescoping steering wheel in a heartbeat
I don’t care if it’s power or not, I just want to be able to move the steering wheel closer to me, however they get there

UGARude

Reaction score

Spot on.

pizzatots

Reaction score

My '23 Laramie just showed up. My mind was blown the wheel isn't telescoping. My '20 Laramie 1500 telescoped.

UGARude

Reaction score
My '23 Laramie just showed up. My mind was blown the wheel isn't telescoping. My '20 Laramie 1500 telescoped.
I agree. I didn't even ask the dealer when I placed my order because I just assumed a telescoping wheel would be standard equipment.

MRyanB_77

Reaction score
Who would be interested in the HD 2500/3500 if they removed the 6.4 hemi from the line and replaced it with the cummins B6.7 octane gasoline engine mated to an Allison trans.

Attachments

• ADB38D6B-00E6-4351-828B-869ACB026833.jpeg
    ADB38D6B-00E6-4351-828B-869ACB026833.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 903E484F-B314-45AE-9A21-CC7984F314A4.jpeg
    903E484F-B314-45AE-9A21-CC7984F314A4.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 84

mwalsh9152

Reaction score
Who would be interested in the HD 2500/3500 if they removed the 6.4 hemi from the line and replaced it with the cummins B6.7 octane gasoline engine mated to an Allison trans.
I suspect that a Cummins / Allison combo would add significant cost. While it would certainly be worth it to some, I think it would price others out of the Ram. There should be a standard gasser and a HD towing option, much like Ford and GM have done for those people and fleets that are done with diesels reliability.

WXman

Reaction score
While that engine would be sweet, I don't see it happening. Since it shares "most" parts with the diesel version, you're talking a lot of weight and a lot of expense.

jsalbre

Reaction score
The donut marks make me think it's something performance oriented. Maybe an SRT street truck of some kind? Or they could be talking about the Rev, because electricity could be the "new force"?

Reaction score
The already introduced the REV. Maybe it is the introduction of the hurricane engines to the 1500 platform.

Users who are viewing this thread