Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Truck Details

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
I guessed wrong.

You got it.
“A new force(ed induction) is coming 5/10/23 (510HP hurricane)”
Announcing the hurricane engine in the 1500.
It just does not make sense to replace the Hemi V8 with a turbo 6. When towing the turbo will have worse gas millage than the Hemi. Just check out the Ford twin turbo V6. Gas millage really suffers when towing.

tchur1

Reaction score
It just does not make sense to replace the Hemi V8 with a turbo 6. When towing the turbo will have worse gas millage than the Hemi. Just check out the Ford twin turbo V6. Gas millage really suffers when towing.
This is for the 1500 though not 2500/3500. Ford has had crazy success with the eco boost since they have ironed out their issues and a good chunk of 1500 owners aren't buying it to tow often or heavily.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I guessed wrong.

You got it.
“A new force(ed induction) is coming 5/10/23 (510HP hurricane)”
Announcing the hurricane engine in the 1500.

Going to be a great option for gas!

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
This is an inline 6 which has more tq than an V6 traditionally

the ecoboost tuning is a problem not the turbos as much as i dont like them they are not to bad towing after tuning

The hurricane should be great with towing

Ramsomair

Reaction score
But most of the time the truck doesn't tow so great gas mileage is experienced far more often than while towing. I love my Ram 2500s that I have from work and considered buying a 1500 but the Hemi is what turned me off.

WXman

Reaction score
But most of the time the truck doesn't tow so great gas mileage is experienced far more often than while towing. I love my Ram 2500s that I have from work and considered buying a 1500 but the Hemi is what turned me off.

Just curious, what is it about the Hemi that you don't like?

Ramsomair

Reaction score
Only thing about the Hemi I don’t like is the fuel economy. Everything else about the 1500 or 2500 is great. Just bought a 2500 MegaCab Cummins and love it.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Only thing about the Hemi I don’t like is the fuel economy. Everything else about the 1500 or 2500 is great. Just bought a 2500 MegaCab Cummins and love it.
I always wonder why anybody gets the Cummins in a 2500. You lose about a thousand pounds in payload. You can not fully use the capability of the Cummins, which is an awesome engine. If I needed the capability of the Cummins (and most who buy it don't actually NEED it), I would go with a 3500. Modern diesel emission systems are a real problem. If you don't use your diesel hard and heavy you are going to run into regen issues (very expensive). Not to mention having to use DEF. My 2500 Hemi is used to tow my 30' travel trailer. During the winter months it can sit for periods of time. Not a good thing for a diesel.

Ramsomair

Reaction score
I pull a 42’ 5ver and many different snowmobile trailers and utility trailers all the time.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I always wonder why anybody gets the Cummins in a 2500. You lose about a thousand pounds in payload. You can not fully use the capability of the Cummins, which is an awesome engine. If I needed the capability of the Cummins (and most who buy it don't actually NEED it), I would go with a 3500. Modern diesel emission systems are a real problem. If you don't use your diesel hard and heavy you are going to run into regen issues (very expensive). Not to mention having to use DEF. My 2500 Hemi is used to tow my 30' travel trailer. During the winter months it can sit for periods of time. Not a good thing for a diesel.
Thats not really true unless you are going by the “payload” numbers which are not legally the limit the axle limits are the limit. The cummins is quite useful in the 2500 sure a 3500 is a better choice sometimes. I haul way more than the hemi can with my 2500 and am still within my axle weights. Its 5th wheel campers where you have to start watching pin weights. My 30ft GN trailer i have hauled 20k and by loading the trailer accordingly i can still be under my axle weights.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Thats not really true unless you are going by the “payload” numbers which are not legally the limit the axle limits are the limit. The cummins is quite useful in the 2500 sure a 3500 is a better choice sometimes. I haul way more than the hemi can with my 2500 and am still within my axle weights. Its 5th wheel campers where you have to start watching pin weights. My 30ft GN trailer i have hauled 20k and by loading the trailer accordingly i can still be under my axle weights.
Actually, if you get in an accident and it was determined that you were over the stated payload limit, insurance will not cover you. But hey, your truck so you drive it the way you want.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Actually, if you get in an accident and it was determined that you were over the stated payload limit, insurance will not cover you. But hey, your truck so you drive it the way you want.
No that is not true. That is a myth people have been spreading for decades. There have been no accounts of peoples insurance claims being denied ever reported. Thats what insurance is there for. And being axle weights are the legal limit not payload then the insurance can not fault you for following the law anyway

Thats like saying insurance wont cover you if you cause an accident while driving drunk. They will cover the claim but they will also drop you right after the claim is over

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score
No that is not true. That is a myth people have been spreading for decades. There have been no accounts of peoples insurance claims being denied ever reported. Thats what insurance is there for. And being axle weights are the legal limit not payload then the insurance can not fault you for following the law anyway

Thats like saying insurance wont cover you if you are drunk driving. They will cover the claim but they will also drop you right after the claim is over
Yes!!!! 100% agree.

Another fave of mine, "fender flares cause rust". Fenders have been rusting since rust was invented ;)

Fender inner wheel well liners on the other hand......
Just kidding, turns out this guy just removed his Bushwackers :oops:
Rusted-Car-Fender-1024x678.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread