Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Truck Details

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Go with the MegaCab, plenty of room. And while you can not get the panoramic sun roof, you can get a regular sun roof.
Aren't the front seats and everything the same?

The panoramic roof has also been one of our favorite things about the Ram. Might be silly, but that'd be hard to lose.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Yes the front seats are basically the same, other than cloth vs leather trim or full leather, for the RAM HD's. The MegaCab gives you a huge back seat area. When you fold down the seats you could easily make a bed back there.
Aren't the front seats and everything the same?

The panoramic roof has also been one of our favorite things about the Ram. Might be silly, but that'd be hard to los

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Yes the front seats are basically the same, other than cloth vs leather trim or full leather, for the RAM HD's. The MegaCab gives you a huge back seat area. When you fold down the seats you could easily make a bed back there.
No kids with us, just two smaller dogs. The back seat isn't much of a concern as far as passengers. But, riding around in my buddy's 2500 and my 1500, it feels a bit roomier in mine. It's been very comfortable on longer towing days.

Tater86

Reaction score
From the Ram reps I’ve talked to, the flat floor probably won’t happen in the HDs. But as they say, never say never.

jebruns

Reaction score
From the Ram reps I’ve talked to, the flat floor probably won’t happen in the HDs. But as they say, never say never.
If you get the Megacab, you get a large flat floor. We have 5 dogs (2 GSD's and 3 Labs) and they are all comfortable back there.

jebruns

Reaction score
The panoramic roof has also been one of our favorite things about the Ram. Might be silly, but that'd be hard to lose.
Is that offered on any HD Ram?

We have panoramic sunroof/moonroofs in 2 of our vehicles, and a normal sunroof in the 2500. The panoramic is nice, but from a drivers perspective, there is no difference. And you say you don't have kids, so they aren't going to miss it. We're all different, but I would not let the lack of that option sway my decision.

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Is that offered on any HD Ram?

We have panoramic sunroof/moonroofs in 2 of our vehicles, and a normal sunroof in the 2500. The panoramic is nice, but from a drivers perspective, there is no difference. And you say you don't have kids, so they aren't going to miss it. We're all different, but I would not let the lack of that option sway my decision.
It isn't currently offered on any HD Ram, which is one reason I'd rather wait for the new cab.

I don't agree that there's no difference for the driver and front passenger. Opening the shade makes the entire interior feel more open and driving through places like Glacier and Arches gave us amazing views through the roof.

Might not be a big deal to most, but it's not something I'm willing to give up when I don't have to.

jebruns

Reaction score
It isn't currently offered on any HD Ram, which is one reason I'd rather wait for the new cab.

I don't agree that there's no difference for the driver and front passenger. Opening the shade makes the entire interior feel more open and driving through places like Glacier and Arches gave us amazing views through the roof.

Might not be a big deal to most, but it's not something I'm willing to give up when I don't have to.
Gotcha'. But you kind of do "have to" if you want it in an HD truck. Or is it promised in some future release?

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Gotcha'. But you kind of do "have to" if you want it in an HD truck. Or is it promised in some future release?
Ford already has that option in their HD trucks.

The assumption would be that a 5th gen cab update for HD Rams would include the panoramic roof.

jebruns

Reaction score
Ford already has that option in their HD trucks.

The assumption would be that a 5th gen cab update for HD Rams would include the panoramic roof.
Didn't think we were talking Ford here, but best of luck getting the truck you want.

gprguy

Reaction score
Beautiful trailer - inTechs are beyond belief. We have a 34' motorsports trailer and the quality is unreal. All the trim is anodized. We came from an ATC which was really high quality but inTech blows it out of the water.

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Beautiful trailer - inTechs are beyond belief. We have a 34' motorsports trailer and the quality is unreal. All the trim is anodized. We came from an ATC which was really high quality but inTech blows it out of the water.
Yep, it's the best travel trailer on the market in my opinion. We looked at Grand Design, Airstream, Black Series, and of course the inTech. None came close to the inTech for us.

I'm hoping they'll release something in the Terra line that's 30+ ft and has something that'll work better for my office. That's probably about the only thing we'd upgrade to.

jebruns

Reaction score
We're talking about updates from Ram. Those updates should include features to keep them competitive.
Agreed, but since they are selling everything they can make right now, I would not expect any major changes.

I'm not a very brand loyal person when it comes to trucks. I've owned GM, Ford and Ram diesel trucks. If the Ford had more features I valued, I'd buy one of those. Ram wins my business currently because of the Megacab, Ramboxes, Cummins and a very nice interior. But the other guys make nice trucks too.

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Agreed, but since they are selling everything they can make right now, I would not expect any major changes.

I'm not a very brand loyal person when it comes to trucks. I've owned GM, Ford and Ram diesel trucks. If the Ford had more features I valued, I'd buy one of those. Ram wins my business currently because of the Megacab, Ramboxes, Cummins and a very nice interior. But the other guys make nice trucks too.
Not really expecting anything.

Just saying, if we decide to move up to a 1 ton, right now it'd be an F-350 Limited. An updated Ram 3500 could change that.

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Yeah but then you would have to live with ugly. :D
Absolutely. A Ram 3500 Limited, Patriot Blue, Night Edition...

faf.jpg

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
My list of things that will push me into buying the updated truck is short, but I look forward to these:
  • More legroom in the back seat with a longer cab. I am 6'7" so anyone behind me is cramped, but honestly it's tight behind any full size adult. Any little bit would help. I don't really want a mega cab.
  • Telescopic steering wheel/column. By the time I scoot the seat back for room, the steering wheel is a mile away. I still can't believe my 2020 could not have the telescopic setup.
  • I hope the seats sit a little lower in relation to the dash. GMC/Chevy trucks feel more like you are 'in' the truck where sometimes I feel like I'm sitting on or above mine. Don't lower the seat as much as raise everything else.
  • I hope for a flat floor.

tchur1

Reaction score
My list of things that will push me into buying the updated truck is short, but I look forward to these:
  • More legroom in the back seat with a longer cab. I am 6'7" so anyone behind me is cramped, but honestly it's tight behind any full size adult. Any little bit would help. I don't really want a mega cab.
  • Telescopic steering wheel/column. By the time I scoot the seat back for room, the steering wheel is a mile away. I still can't believe my 2020 could not have the telescopic setup.
  • I hope the seats sit a little lower in relation to the dash. GMC/Chevy trucks feel more like you are 'in' the truck where sometimes I feel like I'm sitting on or above mine. Don't lower the seat as much as raise everything else.
  • I hope for a flat floor.
Still blows my mind that we dont have telescoping steering wheels on these trucks. My wifes 2015 x5 has power telescoping from 8 model years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread