Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Truck Details

smblt

Reaction score
Curious what is critical about the update that you’re looking for? Or just want to get the latest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainly the cab, the 1500 is huge and great for kids but within the next year or two would like to tow more. The extended is not an option, the hump kills it and the middle seat is useless for long trips. Megacab is still an option but harder to find without ordering.

WXman

Reaction score
Mainly the cab, the 1500 is huge and great for kids but within the next year or two would like to tow more. The extended is not an option, the hump kills it and the middle seat is useless for long trips. Megacab is still an option but harder to find without ordering.

The 5th Gen cab is sooooo nice. When you really notice it is after driving a 5th Gen truck for a while and then go get in a 4th Gen. For example, drive a 2023 Ram 1500 around for a couple weeks, then go hop into a 2023 Ram 2500. Immediately you notice the door handles feeling cheap on the old body, the sound the door makes when it closes, etc. The 5th Gen has an obvious increase in quality/design. The second row is a totally flat floor in the 5th Gen also which is really nice for loading large items. The seat doesn't have that retarded concave in the center. The new cab is just a huge upgrade. I have no clue why six years later the new cab still hasn't been moved to the HD trucks.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Attached is the 2024 standard equipment listing. It's not there. I think it's probably in Level 2 but might just be wishful thinking.
The ventilated seats are listed in the SEAT detail, which is triggered by the equipment group. Sometimes in that situation the triggered feature is listed in the equip group also (to REALLY flesh out that list lol).

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Yep. We ended up in an F-350 at least until there's a major update on the HD Rams. Loved our 1500, but the 3500 wasn't what we wanted.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The 5th Gen cab is sooooo nice. When you really notice it is after driving a 5th Gen truck for a while and then go get in a 4th Gen. For example, drive a 2023 Ram 1500 around for a couple weeks, then go hop into a 2023 Ram 2500. Immediately you notice the door handles feeling cheap on the old body, the sound the door makes when it closes, etc. The 5th Gen has an obvious increase in quality/design. The second row is a totally flat floor in the 5th Gen also which is really nice for loading large items. The seat doesn't have that retarded concave in the center. The new cab is just a huge upgrade. I have no clue why six years later the new cab still hasn't been moved to the HD trucks.
The doors on the 1500 Laramie I had as a loaner rattled and sounded weak/tinny to me compared to my HD (Limited). Maybe it's trim related.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The doors on the 1500 Laramie I had as a loaner rattled and sounded weak/tinny to me compared to my HD (Limited). Maybe it's trim related.

I had a 1500 Limited as a loaner and there is no way I would trade my HD for a LD. I can’t think of anything I preferred about the 1500 over my 3500, to include the ride. It just didn’t feel as well built or solid.

It had some cool features (adjustable height suspension), but it drove like a car and not a pickup.

Enve46

Reaction score
I miss the size on the TRXs I had that’s for sure but that’s why I got a mega cab. What’s crazy is the mega cab and 5th gen crew cab is within an inch of each other in rear legroom. That’s important for me with two kids, one still in rear facing. But having the behind the seat storage is nice on the mega. I have a feeling if/when the new cab makes it to HD they may phase out the mega cab or the bed size would be small

NC Rebel

Reaction score
I definitely miss the cab size and ride quality from my "old" 2020 Rebel 1500 ED. My 2500 rides a little rougher but tows my trailers without any issues. As far as the doors are concerned... they both sound a little thin or hollow maybe they cheaped out on my Big horn compared to the upper trims.

Redfour5

Reaction score
what about gas engines? hurricane or hemi?
I see nothing about the Hurricane in an HD. But with the 1500, it's all they talk about...for 2025... therefore as early as third quarter 2024 pointing out a version called the "Tungsten" ABOVE the Limited trim along with a TRX version of the Hurricane. I'm thinking that 2025 will be the year for any big changes for the 2500/3500, hopefully making the cab bigger like the present 1500, perhaps getting rid of the mega cab???. That extra four inches in the cab makes a difference having had a 20211500.

There was talk at one point of Cummins working on a multi-fuel 6.7 block (same block as the diesel) that when properly set up would work with anything from gas to hydrogen... I've heard NOTHING on that now for awhile. I'm wondering at the apparently high output Hurricane that will be used in the TRX 1500. Apparently, 500 horsepower, vs like 400 in the basic Hurricane set up, torque in the 1500 is looking at 450 regular 475 high output. Even the standard config will up the 1500's specs technically above the 6.4 in a 2500.

If it works, perhaps a slightly detuned version of the high output version??? for the 2500??? This all looks better than the present 410 HP and 429 torque in the present 6.4...but you lose the Hemi growl... Apparently, the big draw for the essentially clean sheet Hurricane is that it works very well with hybrid systems less weight, foundationally a robust design etc. If you can add hybrid designed to boost HP and Torque enhance mpg in a substantive fashion (will have to be far superior than etorque on 5.7's) on top of even an Standard Output Hurricane, you could be talking still about gas... tack 3 to 5 mpg and you got a winner. There has to be something in the works. The Ram HD's, 2500/3500 set up is so long in the tooth that it will not be able to compete...at all... Expect the 2024 year sales to suck for air against GM and Ford.

And the key to success is NOT to match the competition but to beat them. Pure electric will not cut it for at least 5 to 10 years IF it even wins out. Apparently, Japan has figured out a way to store hydrogen in a matrix of ammonia that is "low pressure" AND can be released at relatively low temps instead of the high pressure, super cold standard of today so maybe ICE is still in play. https://interestingengineering.com/science/simple-affordable-way-store-hydrogen-perovskite The Japanese are still focused on hydrogen as a core power source as in theory you can pull it from air and water no logistical/supply chain issues making you dependent upon others and able to used existing power/engine technology... The Japanese won't let go of ICE tech and IF they could ever get it easily pumped into a vehicle it would eventually displace electric that is NOT nearly as green as everyone wants to say... The logistics of lithium is nasty, with mines, long international supply chains and still geographically dependent and therefore manipulable at a geo political level... Hydrogen is right here right now in the air we breathe and the water we drink. AND, the existing "oil" companies could use existing infrastructure so no major changes for them... A big incentive...

The next few years will be interesting to say the least...well if we survive as a species that is.

EngineCo392

Reaction score
An HD truck specific 426 “Hellephant” from the MOPAR Performance catalog (non supercharged) would be a nice competitor to the Ford 7.3 “Godzilla” gas motor. That’s something that could easily be hidden in a test truck.

The HD lineup isn’t part of the emissions/MPG limitations that the 5.7, 6.2, and 6.4 in the Charger/Challenger/Durango/1500 face. So it could happen. I do see the 1500 continuing on with the hurricane motor as it’s replacing the 6.4 in the Wagoneer line. That Wagoneer is on the 1500 chassis. I also see the potential for a Dodge Ramcharger return by changing the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer platform

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
I had a 1500 Limited as a loaner and there is no way I would trade my HD for a LD. I can’t think of anything I preferred about the 1500 over my 3500, to include the ride. It just didn’t feel as well built or solid.

It had some cool features (adjustable height suspension), but it drove like a car and not a pickup.
I don't know what kind of beat loaner you were driving, but our 1500 Laramie was a much nicer truck than the HD Longhorns and Limiteds we tested when we were shopping for a bigger truck.

We wanted to stick with Ram, but their HD trucks are falling behind other manufacturers.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what kind of beat loaner you were driving, but our 1500 Laramie was a much nicer truck than the HD Longhorns and Limiteds we tested when we were shopping for a bigger truck.

We wanted to stick with Ram, but their HD trucks are falling behind other manufacturers.

Brand new 2022 1500 Limited, not beat on at all… just didn’t find it better than the HD line.

I’ve driven other 5th Gen 1500 Limited’s in the past and felt the same. I wasn’t impressed by them.

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Brand new 2022 1500 Limited, not beat on at all… just didn’t find it better than the HD line.

I’ve driven other 5th Gen 1500 Limited’s in the past and felt the same. I wasn’t impressed by them.
OK.

If the HD trucks were on par with the half tons, I'd be in one. I've owned GM, Toyota, Ram, and now a Ford. The Ram 1500 is the best truck on the road. That's my opinion.

Enve46

Reaction score

Ive had three TRXs from the absolute base zero option to level 1 and level 2 sandblast. I will tell you that each of them had their fair share of QC issues from mismatching leather grains, to stitch failures to rattles etc... Ive also had a 22 Laramie HD and now a 19 Limited HD. All have had issues but without a doubt the TRXs interior quality is better. What bothers me is how many issues there are across the board with the cost of these trucks.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
OK.

If the HD trucks were on par with the half tons, I'd be in one. I've owned GM, Toyota, Ram, and now a Ford. The Ram 1500 is the best truck on the road. That's my opinion.
That’s why there are options….

If I owned a LD truck it would be a Ram, but I don’t have a need for a LD truck.

If the cab is why you went LD vs HD then you clearly don’t need a HD truck so it doesn’t matter anyways.

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Ah, didn’t get that out of your post.
Yeah, that's my bad.

We rented our house out and are traveling full time for a few years. When we upgraded our travel trailer, it was a lot for the 1500, so we started shopping for a bigger truck. We really wanted to stay with Ram, but the HD Rams didn't check the boxes we wanted.

I'm not saying the HD Rams aren't great trucks, but in my opinion, they need an update.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard a solid rumor powertrain in 24, 5th gen cab is coming in 25.
Indeed.

I’ve been told plan to see a mid-model year powertrain update. 2023 was supposed to be the last year for the Aisin as the contract was either canceled or concluded. Any Aisins being installed for late production 2023’s and early production 2024’s may be coming from across the pond on a short term fulfillment obligation only. From what I hear the states side plant was already retooled.

My money is still on the table.
ZF PowerLine 8AT 8 speed

Im not one to gamble very often but that’s one bet I would willingly make. It makes the most sense from every angle. Performance, power, package, and past history.

Users who are viewing this thread