Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Truck Details

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Similar to last year, some details about the next model year trucks are popping up.

I'm not seeing any interesting changes on the 2024.

Importantly:
* I still see SO and HO Cummins 6.7 variants.
* 6-speed transmissions for both diesel powertrains.
* 6.4L Hemi still around with 8 speed.
* Mega cab is still around.
* 2500 GVWR is still 10,000.

This is only based on what I can see so far. It's entirely possible some new stuff comes along. But I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
I hope they don't go with the Hurricane for the HD's, maybe for the LD's. Not a big fan of turbo charged engines for towing. Yes I know that Ford has that twin turbo 6. But when you tow with it the gas mileage really deteriorates. Yes the 6.4 Hemi is getting a bit long in the tooth and is not as competitive as it should be. But it does get the job done and is still very capable. To the guy who said he was surprised that there are Hemi's in 2024, Its Dodge that is dropping them. Also the 6.4 BGE in the trucks is not the same as the 6.4 Apache that is in the cars.

IPASooner

Reaction score
Geez, Ram is really taking it's time with the 5th gen cab update for the HDs. I guess it just means I will hold on to my truck for longer because that's the only thing that would really make me upgrade to a new Power Wagon.

smblt

Reaction score
Geez, Ram is really taking it's time with the 5th gen cab update for the HDs. I guess it just means I will hold on to my truck for longer because that's the only thing that would really make me upgrade to a new Power Wagon.

Yeah, disappointing. :/ I've been waiting a while for the cab update for the 2500, not sure it will ever happen. I don't need anything immediately and am still looking but I can't wait around forever.

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
I think there might still be room for optimism we'll see drivetrain changes in 2024. Hopefully what I've been able to find myself is not completely accurate.

"So you're telling me there's a chance. YEAH!?"

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
We're thinking about moving up to a 1 ton this fall. Right now, it'd be an F-350. Hoping Ram at least has some news about an update by then, as we'd prefer to stay in a Ram.

mountainears

Reaction score
You won’t see an update by fall is my bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainears

Reaction score
Curious what is critical about the update that you’re looking for? Or just want to get the latest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnowBlaZR2

Reaction score
Getting the latest is part of it for sure. We're going straight to a 3500 in case we go bigger on the trailer, and plan to keep the truck long term.

I also want the larger cab, panoramic roof, flat rear floor, electric parking brake, etc.

JohnandDonna

Reaction score
Getting the latest is part of it for sure. We're going straight to a 3500 in case we go bigger on the trailer, and plan to keep the truck long term.

I also want the larger cab, panoramic roof, flat rear floor, electric parking brake, etc.
Go with the MegaCab, plenty of room. And while you can not get the panoramic sun roof, you can get a regular sun roof.

Users who are viewing this thread