Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Order Tracking & Discussion

Jersimon

Reaction score
Also truck less. Had planned on trading our 1500 Laramie in, but decided to list it to see if there was any interest. Sold within the hour. We have a trip planned to Custer State Park beginning of May, and that is looking doubtful at this point. Order and build process was great, but the shipping delays are frustrating.

Tell3131

Reaction score
Should have been here 1-3 years ago when guys waited 9 months to get their trucks. For my 2022, ordered in Jan and got delivered in June. This is all VERY fast compared to what it has been.

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Should have been here 1-3 years ago when guys waited 9 months to get their trucks. For my 2022, ordered in Jan and got delivered in June. This is all VERY fast compared to what it has been.
I ordered my 2022 December 30, 2021. It was delivered April 6. A little over 3 months. Hopefully my 24 beats it.

KneeDeep

Reaction score
Also truck less. Had planned on trading our 1500 Laramie in, but decided to list it to see if there was any interest. Sold within the hour. We have a trip planned to Custer State Park beginning of May, and that is looking doubtful at this point. Order and build process was great, but the shipping delays are frustrating.
I would be truck less had I traded my 18 Bighorn on the 22 as I had planned. I decided to keep it because trucks were so hard to get at that time.
I’m now trading it in for the 24 when it comes in.

The wife commandeered the 22 after I traded her 15 Bighorn in for a Grand Cherokee. So I get the new one, only fair right?

gun_138

Reaction score
Yeah that would be great news. I reached out to my salesman on Tuesday to see about how they will address the new MSRPs. Yet to get a response for that. Hopefully ill get a response for an order update
I finally got an answer from my dealership. My original order was $90,500. a month later once the vehicle was built, I was able to see the window sticker and it shows an MSRP of $83,300. I told the salesman at the dealership and he told me that it usually goes up or down a couple of hundred dollars, but it would never change that. When I spoke to him yesterday and informed me that he looked into it and it did in fact, drop substantially and I would be paying the MSRP

Tell3131

Reaction score
I finally got an answer from my dealership. My original order was $90,500. a month later once the vehicle was built, I was able to see the window sticker and it shows an MSRP of $83,300. I told the salesman at the dealership and he told me that it usually goes up or down a couple of hundred dollars, but it would never change that. When I spoke to him yesterday and informed me that he looked into it and it did in fact, drop substantially and I would be paying the MSRP
what price did you order at? The $90,500? That was the agreed price when you ordered?

Reaction score
Man so many of us are now truckless in hopes our new ones show up quickly. Mine's in the shop now getting windows replaced and others have sold theirs. I can't wait to get a date estimate so I can book my flight to the dealership! Just get on the dang train out of Mexico already

Let’s go on a heist! *Cowboy Voice*

Reaction score

So they’re honoring the new msrp plus locked incentives correct?

Tell3131

Reaction score
So they’re honoring the new msrp plus locked incentives correct?
This is what we all want to know!! :) He ordered (if truly a month ago) with the 10% incentive. So what is the breakdown. There has to be a truck out there under this scenario that has or will take delivery anyday now.

Reaction score
This is what we all want to know!! :) He ordered (if truly a month ago) with the 10% incentive. So what is the breakdown. There has to be a truck out there under this scenario that has or will take delivery anyday now.

Exactly, there has to be someone on here that has already taken delivery. I do know incentives are locked where I ordered, but if the dealer obviously gets invoiced at a lower price then I would expect for that to be passed down to consumers as well which would be the right thing to do. If not then that would be a nice chance for me to start looking at something else, LOL!

Jscocco

Reaction score
Exactly, there has to be someone on here that has already taken delivery. I do know incentives are locked where I ordered, but if the dealer obviously gets invoiced at a lower price then I would expect for that to be passed down to consumers as well which would be the right thing to do. If not then that would be a nice chance for me to start looking at something else, LOL!

I'm wondering if ram gives the dealer a credit if the truck was already invoiced. I saw other dealers lowering there prices to reflect new MSRPs.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if ram gives the dealer a credit if the truck was already invoiced. I saw other dealers lowering there prices to reflect new MSRPs.

I have a family member that works at Stellantis, he's always as busy as never even showing up to family events. But I did get to speak to him briefly and he did mention to me that the dealer must honor the MSRP that they are invoiced at at the time of the Window Sticker being available. I hope to get my truck in the next week or two and I will be reporting on here.

gun_138

Reaction score
what price did you order at? The $90,500? That was the agreed price when you ordered?
It wasn’t an agreed on price. It was basically an order sheet with a preliminary price of $90,500. I follow these guys on YouTube called Car Edge and they were making videos over the last month about Stilantis FCA can’t sell trucks. so they said they were going to have to slash their prices. And oh boy did they!

KneeDeep

Reaction score
When I ordered the truck on February 19th they told me that I would get whatever incentives were in place upon delivery.
They usually tell you that you can take the incentives at time of order or delivery. If you got the 10% at time of order with your original order you would be at 81,000, which would work out better than the 83,300, unless there is over 2,300 of incentives at delivery.

If you got one of them private 1k offers you should be able to apply that to either end.

YosemiteSam

Reaction score
So what is the customary way of handling dealers that email about your order inquiry after you've ordered through a dealer with a better price? Ghost them or tell them they were the more expensive option? Or??

Users who are viewing this thread