Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Dyoung82010

Reaction score
You could look at the tracking sheet, look at the ones built and look for the level F package and see what's being put in the trucks. I believe the only thing missing is the 12" TFT cluster. I believe some of the misinformation came from, and maybe some of my fault, was I was looking at the Commercial ordering guide, which has a different options. Hopefully that stuff is cleared up now.

That is correct, it only replaces the 12” digital cluster with the old style cluster. My truck just got built with level F and it has second row heated seats and wireless charging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage99ss

Reaction score
Got my 2023 Ram 2500 Laramie. Picked it up yesterday. Told them not to clean it. Ram really cut a lot of corners compared to my22 on my last Ram. Laramie is Definitely the new Big Horn w leather.

Additions-
Mirrors ext
Seats have more cushion
Truck cost me 8k more
W surround view Side camera comes on w blinker. Cameras still not clear

Subtractions-
-No fender flares
-No metal still feet plates that say ram on them(only plastic now)
-Nice door handles w chrome inlay gone
-shifter knob w chrome inlay gone
-inside door grab handles that said ram gone.

BSN81

Reaction score
Got my 2023 Ram 2500 Laramie. Picked it up yesterday. Told them not to clean it. Ram really cut a lot of corners compared to my22 on my last Ram. Laramie is Definitely the new Big Horn w leather.

Additions-
Mirrors ext
Seats have more cushion
Truck cost me 8k more

Subtractions-
-No fender flares
Wow this is surprising. Thank you for sharing. I'm glad I cancelled my Laramie order now

Eli77657

Reaction score

Additions-
Mirrors ext
Seats have more cushion
Truck cost me 8k more

Subtractions-
-No fender flares

My dealer had told me if I don’t want the night edition to go with the Longhorn but if I want the night edition I should go up to limited they said I’ll get a lot more chance of getting what I ordered in the limited

jsalbre

Reaction score

Additions-
Mirrors ext
Seats have more cushion
Truck cost me 8k more

Subtractions-
-No fender flares
I don't think the "RAM" on the inside grab handles has been in any of the '19+ HDs. My 2020 Limited didn't have it, just a textured chrome-ish insert. My buddies '17 1500 had the "RAM" insert though.

Reaction score
I was going to order a 3500 Laramie megacab with the 6.4 V8 and was told by Granger today that you can now only order the cummins on the Laramie, Longhorn, and Limited trims. Which means I can't get a megacab and the 6.4 V8 as the megacab is only available on those trims. I would have to order a big horn crew cab in order to get the V8. What is Ram doing??

cjh1669

Reaction score
I was going to order a 3500 Laramie megacab with the 6.4 V8 and was told by Granger today that you can now only order the cummins on the Laramie, Longhorn, and Limited trims. Which means I can't get a megacab and the 6.4 V8 as the megacab is only available on those trims. I would have to order a big horn crew cab in order to get the V8. What is Ram doing??
My question is why would you order a 1 ton truck gasser? The only reason to go 3500 is to increase it's towing ability.

cjh1669

Reaction score
Because I want to. You can't order a 2500 laramie, longhorn, or limited with the 6.4 either.
What ram is doing is realizing very few people order a 1 ton gasser and most do it to cut cost anyways, hence why the upper level trims exclude it. It's a good business move. The only 3/4 tons that make sense are power wagons. Why not just buy a 1/2 ton, you're going to get similar towing ability. I have no idea why they even build heavy duty trucks with gas engines.

Tater86

Reaction score
What ram is doing is realizing very few people order a 1 ton gasser and most do it to cut cost anyways, hence why the upper level trims exclude it. It's a good business move. The only 3/4 tons that make sense are power wagons. Why not just buy a 1/2 ton, you're going to get similar towing ability. I have no idea why they even build heavy duty trucks with gas engines.
There is still a need for gas HD trucks. In my situation I would be hurting my truck more than it should be if I were to get a diesel. Since it is my daily driver, a 10 minute drive to the grocery store or a 2 minute drive to grab a drink would absolutely destroy that Cummins engine. Plus in a 2500 a Cummins, only gains you 300lbs in towing but you lose over a 1K lbs in payload.

tchur1

Reaction score
I understand your sentiment here but there is absolutely a use case for gas engines in HD trucks. Most fleet vehicles are now HDs with gassers. Cheaper to maintain, less expensive, and you don't have to worry about emissions systems that hate low speed and long idle sessions. It might not be your use case and that's fine. I also prefer diesel based on my needs but assuming there is no need for any gas engine in any HD truck misses the mark by a lot.

Pitboss44

Reaction score
I understand your sentiment here but there is absolutely a use case for gas engines in HD trucks. Most fleet vehicles are now HDs with gassers. Cheaper to maintain, less expensive, and you don't have to worry about emissions systems that hate low speed and long idle sessions. It might not be your use case and that's fine. I also prefer diesel based on my needs but assuming there is no need for any gas engine in any HD truck misses the mark by a lot.
Yeah he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Like he said, he “has no idea.”

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

And therein lies the problem with your opinion.

Reaction score

I don't agree with your opinion here. There is a use case for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks with gas engines. It works best for how I will be using the truck. Ram will lose sales by doing this. Also, they aren't eliminating the gas engine. I stated that I can't order the 6.4 in the laramie, longhorn, or limited trims. I can still order a big horn with it. I can't get a megacab though in the big horn. Ram has effectively eliminated me as a customer. I have only owned mopars in my life except for my corvette. I have to seriously look at a Sierra or Silverado now. It is a stupid move.

I have a 1/2 ton Ram. It does not have the same towing ability as a 3/4 or 1 ton. My enclosed trailer is almost a "tail wagging the dog" situation when towing with my 1/2 ton. Not to mention the ridiculous squat you get with anything that has a tongue weight >500 lbs.

Gofast23

Reaction score
I don't agree with your opinion here. There is a use case for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks with gas engines. It works best for how I will be using the truck. Ram will lose sales by doing this. Also, they aren't eliminating the gas engine. I stated that I can't order the 6.4 in the laramie, longhorn, or limited trims. I can still order a big horn with it. I can't get a megacab though in the big horn. Ram has effectively eliminated me as a customer. I have only owned mopars in my life except for my corvette. I have to seriously look at a Sierra or Silverado now. It is a stupid move.

I have a 1/2 ton Ram. It does not have the same towing ability as a 3/4 or 1 ton. My enclosed trailer is almost a "tail wagging the dog" situation when towing with my 1/2 ton. Not to mention the ridiculous squat you get with anything that has a tongue weight >500 lbs.
I am not in the market for a 2023, but after monitoring this thread for a while, I thought the 6.4L wasn't available in only the Longhorn and Limited. Can other's confirm you should be able to order a Laramie Megacab with Hemi? If so, may want to double-check with your dealer.

tchur1

Reaction score

What dealer are you working with? I was also under the impression the Hemi was only eliminated in the Longhorn and Limited trims.

BSN81

Reaction score
What dealer are you working with? I was also under the impression the Hemi was only eliminated in the Longhorn and Limited trims.
According to the Ram ordering guide and the Ramtrucks website, the V8 can be purchased with the Laramie. Strange you are getting conflicting info.

cjh1669

Reaction score

Like others said, fleet vehicles are used as HD gassers, which wasn't my thought process since we aren't discussing fleet here, hence the lower end models still being sold. You can't get a mega cab with GMC or Chevy either. It's literally a business decision. They aren't selling enough high trim gassers, hence why offer them. All in all I stand by what I said

Reaction score
Like others said, fleet vehicles are used as HD gassers, which wasn't my thought process since we aren't discussing fleet here, hence the lower end models still being sold. You can't get a mega cab with GMC or Chevy either. It's literally a business decision. They aren't selling enough high trim gassers, hence why offer them. All in all I stand by what I said
I am literally trying to buy one of these trucks right now, so it is more than just fleet orders. There are others that don't need/want a diesel. I understand you think it is pointless, I get the argument. The business decision doesn't make sense if they are going to still offer it in the big horn. It doesn't cost Ram any additional money to throw it into a laramie versus a big horn, especially mid model year. My guess is it has more to do with the phasing out of the V8 engines completely (moving to the TT v6?) and limiting supply build up for when they are fully eliminated.

The new cabs on the GMC/Chevy have the rear legroom and a full middle seat on their cabs. Their cabs are just like the 5th gen ram 1500 for space in the rear. The HD rams still are using the cabs from 2009, hence why I need/want a megacab. I've held off for two model years on ordering a new Ram HD waiting for a fifth gen cab. Perhaps, I will be waiting one more.

Users who are viewing this thread