Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
I am not in the market for a 2023, but after monitoring this thread for a while, I thought the 6.4L wasn't available in only the Longhorn and Limited. Can other's confirm you should be able to order a Laramie Megacab with Hemi? If so, may want to double-check with your dealer.
In October I ordered a 23 Laramie Mega Cab w/Hemi from Mark Dodge.

SPD//DMN

Reaction score
Call the folks at Mark Dodge and see if they can build the truck you want. Ordered my 23 Laramie Mega w/Hemi in October. Perhaps Ram has since removed the Hemi option but never hurts to call another dealer to confirm. Good Luck!
I was going to order a 3500 Laramie megacab with the 6.4 V8 and was told by Granger today that you can now only order the cummins on the Laramie, Longhorn, and Limited trims. Which means I can't get a megacab and the 6.4 V8 as the megacab is only available on those trims. I would have to order a big horn crew cab in order to get the V8. What is Ram doing??

wjburnell

Reaction score
My question is why would you order a 1 ton truck gasser? The only reason to go 3500 is to increase it's towing ability.
I'm that rare individual who wants, has ordered, a 1 ton gasser and it came down to the trucks GVWR. My current setup (a 2500) rated at 10k left me only about 500lbs of breathing room. Don't need the pulling power of the diesel, the campers only 12k. The gasser will pull the weight of the camper just fine (my current 2500 Hemi has no problem with it), it's about the GVWR and going up to a 3500 SRW only provides an additional 1400lbs of GVWR and I was not happy with that. So, 3500 DRW Hemi it is, and I'm getting what I need for a lot less money.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Silly that folks that want a gasser have to defend themselves. For me, I have a 1/2 ton and I want a truck that I never need to worry about payload. I see a lot of over payload diesels out there. I prefer to play it safe, and will enjoy an extra 1k lbs in payload!

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I get both sides of the argument, but I agree order what you want. I would have loved a Cummins, but I don't tow nearly enough to justify it. The real killer though is I have a short commute as well. The 6.4 hemi is fine so long as it warms up, but the diesel is not going to be happy with 15 minute drives in below freezing temps. That exhaust is gonna be gummed up and needing constant attention with drives too short for good regen cycles.

wjburnell

Reaction score
Silly that folks that want a gasser have to defend themselves. For me, I have a 1/2 ton and I want a truck that I never need to worry about payload. I see a lot of over payload diesels out there. I prefer to play it safe, and will enjoy an extra 1k lbs in payload!
Not sure if that was put out there for me to respond to or not, but what the heck...didn't see my response as a defense as much as an explanation as to my vehicle of choice (though not required) - much like your response.

pizzatots

Reaction score
Not sure if that was put out there for me to respond to or not, but what the heck...didn't see my response as a defense as much as an explanation as to my vehicle of choice (though not required) - much like your response.
Noooo... not to you :) these gas vs diesel debates seem to come up a lot. Wish people got to just choose their rig and everyone would be happy with em :) Gasser folks are often talked down to.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Here are my 2 cents in the diesel - gas debate: who cares, and to each his own. Everyone order what your heart desires and enjoy it. Heck, its their money…LOL! I’ve owned Cummins since 1992, and would never own anything else, but I have plenty of friends with Hemi’s (which is one heck of an engine with a tremendous amount of power) and we have fun together. Diesel, gas…Cummins, Hemi…blah blah :D:p:D Now if we want to start an electric truck debate, I’m in against, but that’s just me. Now the hydrogen Cummins … amazing

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
For those interested, it looks like the Ram website was updated today to reflect the correct equipment levels and options.
Okay, I'm so confused. On the Build & Price tool; if you build a 2023 PW and add level 2, it requires you to choose monotone paint.
God I hope my truck is two-tone like my render shows. Ram even has multiple images on their 2023 2500HD Gallery on their website that shows Level 2 trucks with two tone:
my23-2500-02-gallery-09.jpg.image.1440.jpg

currently what the builder shows:
Build Price tool 2023 PW level 2 013123.jpg

The 2 tone / monotone paint + decals/badging actually sparked a whole discussion on the PW forum the other day: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/power-wagon-badging.13147/

Alligator John

Reaction score
That was something that changed recently. I had printed out my online build with two tone paint and badge, but when I ordered the truck, the online site was defaulting me to monotone. Mark Dodge was able to enter the order with two tone, so I am hoping it comes that way, but it was not a deal breaker for me it comes with tracer decals.

44Dan44

Reaction score
For those interested, it looks like the Ram website was updated today to reflect the correct equipment levels and options.
Tradesman Specific Notes
Say something positive Dan: You can now select off road package without being forced into chrome package
Say something you think is stupid Dan: You still can't get the Towing Tech package without being forced to take chrome package
Say something that makes no sense Dan: The only running board options for Tradesman are chrome
Say something you hope you still get Dan: The 7" TFT remains part of a package now versus the standalone $75 option you ordered. Data points say yes
Say something you are happy about Dan: Price protection on my 30 November order

ek2bird

Reaction score
So I have been looking at the possibility of getting a new Rebel. As was mentioned earlier there have been updates to the build and price site. Well now the winch is included when selecting Level 1 or 2 packages. You are not able to remove it.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Am I crazy or are the 2023 headlights different in a Tradesman depending on black or chrome grille choice?

d8fdfb508ab3624994eb1984e283e9d8.jpg
50ec3f46ed260bd559daacd8646868acx.jpg

Pitboss44

Reaction score
Most likely crazy haha. Hard to say, I think it’s just the glare or reflections that make it look different. The black front tradesmen is sharp

44Dan44

Reaction score
Most likely crazy haha. Hard to say, I think it’s just the glare or reflections that make it look different. The black front tradesmen is sharp
Lol, yep, every package choice I made was dependent on keeping the black grill and avoiding chrome. If the lights are different it will affect my fog and light bar choices so I better not order those yet. Just in case.

jsalbre

Reaction score
So I have been looking at the possibility of getting a new Rebel. As was mentioned earlier there have been updates to the build and price site. Well now the winch is included when selecting Level 1 or 2 packages. You are not able to remove it.
I wouldn’t put any stock in the online configurator. What’s actually available changes too frequently. Whatever your dealer’s system shows is the only reliable source.

Users who are viewing this thread