Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Would the dealer even be able to tell me where it’s up to? Or what it’s waiting on? [mention]brv10 [/mention] is there anyway you can see that?
Unfortunately no. All they can see is current status codes and no way to know what the hold up is. I would text my dealer each week and would get the “We’re so sorry, but still JB.”

Eli77657

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. All they can see is current status codes and no way to know what the hold up is. I would text my dealer each week and would get the “We’re so sorry, but still JB.”

My dealer isn’t exactly the most responsive (it’s a local dealer) I’ll reach out and see when I get a response

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Depends on how many things you have to be installed at the outside vendor. Actual production takes 8 hours, but then you are shipped off to outside vendors for installation of things like steps, spray in bed liner, etc. which means you go from E to JB. Depending on parts availability, you can sit there for 3 days, or in my case last year, 59 days. The tracker does not take any of this in consideration and only shows built. Call your dealer and get an actual build status code, and you will have a better idea what is going on
Man, PACNW I remember you doing the JB record last year. Crazy to think you're going through the order process all over again. Hope this time you're one of those "holy crap my truck went fast" people. Good luck bud.

Tlgdiesel

Reaction score
Well placed my order on 11/28. On 11/30 it went D1 scheduled for 12/15 of course that didn’t happen. I just got a message from my dealer last night that it will be built 1/25 which ram tracker doesn’t reflect yet . I’m crossing my fingers and getting excited. This wait has driven me nuts, I feel for you guys that ordered back in September and are still waiting.

buzzuti

Reaction score
You should been here last year, or worse the year before. 6 months wasn’t unheard of.

Ordered 22 on 1/5/22, 49 days to delivery.
I got off way lucky.

From my understanding the Ford queue is way worse, but that may be just rumors.

wormbat

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what triggers changes in the ram tracker? My truck was offloaded from the rail car in Kansas City on the 12th and is awaiting final transport to the dealer. Origin estimated delivery was Jan 25th, yesterday it changed to Feb 2nd. Just wondering what may have happened to alter the date.
Update from dealer last week looked like this:
Screenshot_20230118-125751_Gmail~3.jpg

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Man, PACNW I remember you doing the JB record last year. Crazy to think you're going through the order process all over again. Hope this time you're one of those "holy crap my truck went fast" people. Good luck bud.
Hey @OldJeepsNewTrucks, funny seeing you here :D . Yep, second rodeo unfortunately. I hope your right, it would be a blessing! But I expect May or June, no need in getting my hopes up … LOL! Hope life’s treating you well and you are enjoying that truck!!!

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Hey @OldJeepsNewTrucks, funny seeing you here :D . Yep, second rodeo unfortunately. I hope your right, it would be a blessing! But I expect May or June, no need in getting my hopes up … LOL! Hope life’s treating you well and you are enjoying that truck!!!
Absolutely! Only casualty so far is the neighbor's kid rode a bike into it and left about an 8" scratch down the side. Still need to get that corrected!

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Went into production yesterday it’s starting to get real!
Maybe this will make you feel even better and more excited - it’s built! 8 hours from beginning to spitting out the other side a truck. Only thing now is outside vendors for everything that they put on. You’re rolling along…

Eli77657

Reaction score
Maybe this will make you feel even better and more excited - it’s built! 8 hours from beginning to spitting out the other side a truck. Only thing now is outside vendors for everything that they put on. You’re rolling along…

What’s all the things that are done by outside vendor? I’m trying to think
Bed liner
Side steps
Step in back by bed
Hitch
What else ?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
What’s all the things that are done by outside vendor? I’m trying to think
Bed liner
Side steps
Step in back by bed
Hitch
What else ?
You’ve stumped the chump on that one. I am sure there are those on here that would have more insight than moi

Eli77657

Reaction score
You’ve stumped the chump on that one. I am sure there are those on here that would have more insight than moi

I replied to you since you mentioned vendor but it wasn’t targeted at you lol

Eli77657

Reaction score
LOL…sorry, didn’t mean for you to take it that way - was trying to make a joke. :p

Hell at this point my truck is a dream life is a joke and who knows what else I’m just tryin to figure why mine is stuck in E for more then a week I would probably remove that option so it gets moving

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Hell at this point my truck is a dream life is a joke and who knows what else I’m just tryin to figure why mine is stuck in E for more then a week I would probably remove that option so it gets moving
If only it were that easy :p Having been down this road before, I think I understand everything to the point it is as clear as mud! I went to scheduled on 1/17, yet my delivery date (translation "scheduled production date") still says TBD. How can you have one without the other? I think it's Rams way of reminding me that "knowledge is power" and they are maintaining said power. What in the wide world of sports...LOL

Eli77657

Reaction score
If only it were that easy :p Having been down this road before, I think I understand everything to the point it is as clear as mud! I went to scheduled on 1/17, yet my delivery date (translation "scheduled production date") still says TBD. How can you have one without the other? I think it's Rams way of reminding me that "knowledge is power" and they are maintaining said power. What in the wide world of sports...LOL

My dealer came me that “delivery date” the tracker didn’t have it now once it went into E I got delivery date of march 25 I think

CortexM0

Reaction score
Not wanting to go the aftermarket route for trailer cameras, I did some looking into the existing 2022 trailer camera systems. I did find documentation from Stellantis CVBU (Commercial Vehicle Business Unit) that, "The 2022 and 2023 XH7 trailer camera kits are NOT interchangeable. The 2022 kit will not work with a 2023 truck, and the 2023 kit will not work with a 2022 truck." However, I did not find any similar warning regarding the XN1 360 Trailer Surround View. Not knowing if it will work, but not finding anything saying it won't, I went ahead and bought a 2nd hand XN1 360 Trailer Surround View system. When I get my truck I'll try this out and report the results (unless someone else beats me to it).
It's starting to look like this won't work either. While I don't know of anyone who has tried this with a '23 yet, according to this thread (12 pin connector and Trailer Surround View Camera) they're starting to lock out the 360 trailer camera option unless you specifically order it with the truck. This is not a hardware shortage. This is a software limitation.

This wouldn't bother me, if the 360 trailer camera system was actually available! One of the main things I was looking for when buying a new truck was improved situational awareness. I intended to order my truck with both the trailer tow mode camera and the 360 trailer cam options. AFAIK the 360 trailer camera system has had hardware shortages, and nobody with a 2023 has been able to order it. (I was told this wasn't a problem as it could be added later, once hardware was available). I did order the tow mode camera. But three and a half months into my order I was given the option to have it removed, or cancel my order. When I inquired about the possibility of adding it later I was specifically informed from a Stellantis rep, "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness".

So my search for trailer camera options continue. Personally, I'm hoping the Stellantis rep had no idea what he was talking about and I can add the tow mode camera later without difficulty. Otherwise my two options are: 1) Hope somebody on this forum finds a work around for one of the factory camera systems. 2) Go aftermarket and add another screen in my cab.

Users who are viewing this thread