Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pacnw1963

Reaction score
It's starting to look like this won't work either. While I don't know of anyone who has tried this with a '23 yet, according to this thread (12 pin connector and Trailer Surround View Camera) they're starting to lock out the 360 trailer camera option unless you specifically order it with the truck. This is not a hardware shortage. This is a software limitation.

This wouldn't bother me, if the 360 trailer camera system was actually available! One of the main things I was looking for when buying a new truck was improved situational awareness. I intended to order my truck with both the trailer tow mode camera and the 360 trailer cam options. AFAIK the 360 trailer camera system has had hardware shortages, and nobody with a 2023 has been able to order it. (I was told this wasn't a problem as it could be added later, once hardware was available). I did order the tow mode camera. But three and a half months into my order I was given the option to have it removed, or cancel my order. When I inquired about the possibility of adding it later I was specifically informed from a Stellantis rep, "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness".

So my search for trailer camera options continue. Personally, I'm hoping the Stellantis rep had no idea what he was talking about and I can add the tow mode camera later without difficulty. Otherwise my two options are: 1) Hope somebody on this forum finds a work around for one of the factory camera systems. 2) Go aftermarket and add another screen in my cab.
I'm hoping we will have a better idea once people on the forum start taking actual deliveries on their 2023's and can start sharing what actually showed up on their trucks. Time will tell...I still have my camera and harness from my 2022, but I am starting to believe I'll be selling it on eBay if it turns out to be incompatible.

BSN81

Reaction score
It's starting to look like this won't work either. While I don't know of anyone who has tried this with a '23 yet, according to this thread (12 pin connector and Trailer Surround View Camera) they're starting to lock out the 360 trailer camera option unless you specifically order it with the truck. This is not a hardware shortage. This is a software limitation.

This wouldn't bother me, if the 360 trailer camera system was actually available! One of the main things I was looking for when buying a new truck was improved situational awareness. I intended to order my truck with both the trailer tow mode camera and the 360 trailer cam options. AFAIK the 360 trailer camera system has had hardware shortages, and nobody with a 2023 has been able to order it. (I was told this wasn't a problem as it could be added later, once hardware was available). I did order the tow mode camera. But three and a half months into my order I was given the option to have it removed, or cancel my order. When I inquired about the possibility of adding it later I was specifically informed from a Stellantis rep, "It will be the whole component that gets removed. They won’t be able to add it after the fact because it’s a different wiring harness".

So my search for trailer camera options continue. Personally, I'm hoping the Stellantis rep had no idea what he was talking about and I can add the tow mode camera later without difficulty. Otherwise my two options are: 1) Hope somebody on this forum finds a work around for one of the factory camera systems. 2) Go aftermarket and add another screen in my cab.
When I did my first order back in September, I had the trailer surround view option and the order wouldn't go into confirmed status. We ended up cancelling that order and placing another one with out it. Personally, thinking about not having it now I don't think will be a big deal. It might be more of a pain in the butt to wire all that up verses using a Bluetooth set up. I plan on going that route and using a Furion type set up.

DeanOtis

Reaction score
According to the Ram tracker, the truck entered production on the 21st. We'll see how long it takes for them to finish the build process. I know shipping can be around 2-3 weeks once finished.

scdo

Reaction score
I ordered my 2023 Limited without either camera but did order Limited 1 and the package with the digital 3.0 mirror.

MD salesperson tells me the truck will have the plugs for both the tow mode and 360 camera system. Being told I could add either or both cameras after delivery.

I guess time will tell what is true.

Tater86

Reaction score
According to the Ram tracker, the truck entered production on the 21st. We'll see how long it takes for them to finish the build process. I know shipping can be around 2-3 weeks once finished.
The building process is usually quick, the waiting for the train part and the train ride is the longest part depending on where it was shipped. As of today, mine has been waiting for the train ride out of Mexico for a month. Waiting for a trip up the shore line of the east coast.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
actual production takes 8 hours - a pile of parts at the beginning spits out a truck in 8 hours out the other end. Then you move to outside vendors for installation of steps, hitch, etc (build code JB). That could be3 days, or 3 months depending on parts availability.

SAMBROS

Reaction score
I ordered a 3500 on 1/19. The dealer messed up and didn’t include two add-on groups. They told me they cannot fix the order until it goes into some sort of status change. The Ram site says order confirmed. Can someone assure me this can be fixed and I won’t have to order again?

phatboy64

Reaction score
I ordered a 3500 on 1/19. The dealer messed up and didn’t include two add-on groups. They told me they cannot fix the order until it goes into some sort of status change. The Ram site says order confirmed. Can someone assure me this can be fixed and I won’t have to order again?
It can be fixed. I had to remove an item due to shortages and they were able to do it no issue

SAMBROS

Reaction score
It can be fixed. I had to remove an item due to shortages and they were able to do it no issue
Thanks! It’s in C status. I found the crowdsource sheet finally. :) I’m still in awe that they screwed it up.

Tater86

Reaction score
For those that have received 2023 laramie's can you tell me if they have a little plastic spat at the bottom of the wheel wells? Looking to order some duraflap mud flaps before it shows up. From the pictures posted, it looks like it does, but I just want to make sure.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Dealer just emailed me to let me know I have been scheduled for production on 2/2! Hopefully not like last year where that date changed twice. Things are moving along...:)

phatboy64

Reaction score
Thanks! It’s in C status. I found the crowdsource sheet finally. :) I’m still in awe that they screwed it up.
At least you found out..I ordered on 9/22 and I had to call the dealer in the middle of Dec to find out that my order was being held up due to a tow mode camera. They removed it and I am still waiting...

BroadStBully

Reaction score
I'm right above you @pacnw1963 on the spreadsheet with what looks like a pretty similar build and my dealer told me the same thing. 2/2 for production. Fingers crossed.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I'm right above you @pacnw1963 on the spreadsheet with what looks like a pretty similar build and my dealer told me the same thing. 2/2 for production. Fingers crossed.
Last year mine changed twice, but it was never more than a week each (ended up being built 12 days later than original build date). We never saw it change more than 3 times through the whole year, so hopefully it is at least better than that or at worst the same!

jhdram4

Reaction score
First post for me. I just ordered a 2023 laramie 3500. Quick question. On ramtrucks.com you can select the Level 2 Package. The level 2 package is no longer available though and replaced by the level F package. I tried to piece together a quick comparison of the Level 2 from ramtrucks and level F from autobytel. https://www.autobytel.com/ram/3500/2023/configurator/ It looks like they are the same price and the only difference is they took out the "Cluster 12-inch TFT display" from level F. Does that sound right?

BSN81

Reaction score
First post for me. I just ordered a 2023 laramie 3500. Quick question. On ramtrucks.com you can select the Level 2 Package. The level 2 package is no longer available though and replaced by the level F package. I tried to piece together a quick comparison of the Level 2 from ramtrucks and level F from autobytel. https://www.autobytel.com/ram/3500/2023/configurator/ It looks like they are the same price and the only difference is they took out the "Cluster 12-inch TFT display" from level F. Does that sound right?
Sounds right. A lot of us ordered with level 2 in the beginning of the MY23. And some of us have been notified the package wasn't available, others still haven't heard anything.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Hi, sounds about right https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/laramie-level-f-equipment-group.12145/post-222949 There is some inconsistent info bouncing around regarding losing heated rear seats and wireless charging but I believe you are on point, its just the cluster 12" TFT deleted.

BSN81

Reaction score
Hi, sounds about right https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/laramie-level-f-equipment-group.12145/post-222949 There is some inconsistent info bouncing around regarding losing heated rear seats and wireless charging but I believe you are on point, its just the cluster 12" TFT deleted.
You could look at the tracking sheet, look at the ones built and look for the level F package and see what's being put in the trucks. I believe the only thing missing is the 12" TFT cluster. I believe some of the misinformation came from, and maybe some of my fault, was I was looking at the Commercial ordering guide, which has a different options. Hopefully that stuff is cleared up now.

CortexM0

Reaction score
For those that had their tow mode camera (or other options) removed, remember to ensure your dealership adjusts the price accordingly. When the trailer camera (XH7) was removed from my build, Granger agreed to credit back almost the full MSRP of that option.

Astrohog

Reaction score
Just placed my order yesterday, and was notified that I have a VIN # !!

Ordered a 3500 crew cab, 4 X 4, 8' bed Big Horn with Cummins SO, Cloth bucket seats, Level B group, tech package, cold weather package, bed group, 50 gal. tank and 220 A alternator in white. Replacing my current daily driver, a 2007 2500 Big Horn 5.9 that I bought new in '07. Hoping I can keep it, but with values of used being what they have been, I don't know if I can justify keeping it.

Users who are viewing this thread