Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

b307a1

Reaction score
It looks like the degrading of the Big horn and Laramie continues. In build and price the interior rendering shows when equipped with the bench seat the center stack drawer being replaced with a Tradesman cubbie.

It has also been removed from the standard features listing.

Last edited:

relbus

Reaction score
Sad to say my 2020 Laramie 2500 CTD was totaled. A low life in a impala attempted to cut in front of me on the highway at 75mph and clipped me sending me into the center median and cables. Truck was pretty beat up with $52k estimated damage.

I’m in sticker shock shopping for a replacement. Koons at 7% below invoice w/ Tread Lightly is the best I found. I went for it. Frustrated I can’t get the same truck I had before. in order to get heated rear seats, power steps, flares , and I’m
Sure there is more I am missing, I have to go limited.

I intend to take anything that isn’t damaged from my current truck as they basically told me they’ll give me pennies on the dollar for mods. Anyone have any experience with this? If I provide invoices what kind of reimbursement can I expect for mods like leveling kit, tires/wheels, light bars, sway bar, etc etc .
Pic of current/old Ram for reference.
1b19ca36f39c69f1a623ef8a1915feae.jpg

Truck ordered:

2023 2500 Limited Night in Granite Crystal.

MSRP - 100,065.00
Sale price - 87,671.92

Opinions? Did I do ok?

Eli77657

Reaction score
Sad to say my 2020 Laramie 2500 CTD was totaled. A low life in a impala attempted to cut in front of me on the highway at 75mph and clipped me sending me into the center median and cables. Truck was pretty beat up with $52k estimated damage.

I’m in sticker shock shopping for a replacement. Koons at 7% below invoice w/ Tread Lightly is the best I found. I went for it. Frustrated I can’t get the same truck I had before. in order to get heated rear seats, power steps, flares , and I’m

I intend to take anything that isn’t damaged from my current truck as they basically told me they’ll give me pennies on the dollar for mods. Anyone have any experience with this? If I provide invoices what kind of reimbursement can I expect for mods like leveling kit, tires/wheels, light bars, sway bar, etc etc .

Truck ordered:

MSRP - 100,065.00
Sale price - 87,671.92

Opinions? Did I do ok?

That’s a pretty Hefty discount is that only the 7% tread lightly?

relbus

Reaction score
That’s 6% for any order plus 1% additional for tread lightly.

dmhines

Reaction score
2500 Tradesman now has Black Headlights unless you order Chrome package. 3500 Tradesman still has Chrome Headlights no matter what ...

pacnw1963

Reaction score

Truck ordered:

MSRP - 100,065.00
Sale price - 87,671.92

Opinions? Did I do ok?
I received my 2022 Laramie 3500 DRW with HO Cummins on August 15, 2022, and then totaled it September 12 with only 1,246 miles on it. Insurance kept trying to fix it, (even with $56,000 in damages) but finally totaled it 3 months later. Insurance company’s will pay nothing on modifications, even with receipts and if it was only put on the day before. Sorry to say, but the bean counters at the insurance company are out to make money. I was able to pull all of my accessories off in the tow yard by the end of the day thanks to the help of my wife and it is all in storage (except for the solenoid in the engine compartment for my auxiliary diesel tank pump and the wiring harness for it. When I ordered a replacement truck on December 12, the only way I could get all that I had, and a few things I had wished I had once I received the Laramie was to upgrade to a Longhorn. I ordered through Mark Dodge here in Louisiana where I ordered in 2022, and just like everyone else got my 11.5% below MSRP.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Not Ram related but it's GM's fix for the transport shortage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230201_193332_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230201_193332_Facebook.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 38

relbus

Reaction score
I received my 2022 Laramie 3500 DRW with HO Cummins on August 15, 2022, and then totaled it September 12 with only 1,246 miles on it. Insurance kept trying to fix it, (even with $56,000 in damages) but finally totaled it 3 months later. Insurance company’s will pay nothing on modifications, even with receipts and if it was only put on the day before. Sorry to say, but the bean counters at the insurance company are out to make money. I was able to pull all of my accessories off in the tow yard by the end of the day thanks to the help of my wife and it is all in storage (except for the solenoid in the engine compartment for my auxiliary diesel tank pump and the wiring harness for it. When I ordered a replacement truck on December 12, the only way I could get all that I had, and a few things I had wished I had once I received the Laramie was to upgrade to a Longhorn. I ordered through Mark Dodge here in Louisiana where I ordered in 2022, and just like everyone else got my 11.5% below MSRP.

Damn. That would be heart breaking with that few miles.

The collision place it’s at is being pretty cool about it. They are letting me bring it back to my shop to pull all the aftermarket stuff I want. Some of it no doubt is fine. Some like my LED light bar may be destroyed, in which case I will try to get insurance to cover. Sounds like I will strike out there but can’t hurt to try.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Damn. That would be heart breaking with that few miles.

The collision place it’s at is being pretty cool about it. They are letting me bring it back to my shop to pull all the aftermarket stuff I want. Some of it no doubt is fine. Some like my LED light bar may be destroyed, in which case I will try to get insurance to cover. Sounds like I will strike out there but can’t hurt to try.
Heck, all they can say is no! :D

BigRamfan

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 3500 Limited on order. Its a SRW with the fifth wheel /gooseneck prep and the "Rambox delete" checked. I noticed on the online configurator today, that when checking the fifth wheel prep in the configurator it adds dual rear wheels to the build, something I definitely don't want!
I also hear rumors on the forum that they are not able to delete the Rambox on the 2023 Limited.
What is going one with all this? anybody have any information to share?

Thisnthat

Reaction score

some of the dealers around dallas have been allowed to go get their tahoes/yukons built there in arlington. historically a hard "not going to happen" when dealers asked to go get them vs waiting on a short truck ride

jsalbre

Reaction score
My understanding was that the logistics issues aren’t a shortage of trucks, but a shortage of drivers. I’m curious how they plan to get around that.

Reaction score
So I just went and checked out the ram trucks site and rebuilt the truck I ordered. When I select the indigo frost interior it tells me this:

D8ACEA26-0076-40D0-8F42-F977E34653DF.png

I’m going to be super pissed if my limited truck doesn’t come with the digital cluster. This wasn’t happing when I ordered (for the second time) a month ago.

Alligator John

Reaction score
Yea, that website is screwy. I was just messing around with it tonight to see if anything changed and the only monotone color it shows now is black. All the others are gone.

cjh1669

Reaction score
I have a 2023 Ram 3500 Limited on order. Its a SRW with the fifth wheel /gooseneck prep and the "Rambox delete" checked. I noticed on the online configurator today, that when checking the fifth wheel prep in the configurator it adds dual rear wheels to the build, something I definitely don't want!
I also hear rumors on the forum that they are not able to delete the Rambox on the 2023 Limited.
They better be able to do ram box delete or I'm going to deny delivery, ram box is worthless for what I do with a truck.

tchur1

Reaction score
Its impossible for a gooseneck prepped truck to get delivered with Ram Boxes, you should be fine.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
So I just went and checked out the ram trucks site and rebuilt the truck I ordered. When I select the indigo frost interior it tells me this:

View attachment 51205

I’m going to be super pissed if my limited truck doesn’t come with the digital cluster. This wasn’t happing when I ordered (for the second time) a month ago.
I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it. My Longhorn is in production and I received my equipment listing last night, and the 12” instrument cluster was listed. The Ram Build site is so screwy it’s ridiculous. I put exactly zero confidence with it and in it…FWIW

pacnw1963

Reaction score

View attachment 51205

And as a follow-up, it was listed under my standard equipment, not optional equipment

7E3ACB24-00D0-4A67-836C-6A69FA6A8C45.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread