Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jcp6263

Reaction score
I'll send you a message tomorrow because I want to make sure mine gets put in before anyone else I recommend. I'm getting desperate for making sure I'm first at this point. haha. Its for a 3500. 9% off MSRP. Absolutely wild deal.

On another note. I again, asked the FCA team to find out why my order hasnt been updated to take off the damn wired tow-mode camera. They responded back that logistics TRIED to update my order but the system didnt take it. They said they'd try again tomorrow. So this gives a little more clout to what my dealer was saying from the RAM rep. Something is wrong with like 600 orders that have the tow mode camera. The orders are in an error state and for some reason "The system" wont allow it to be updated.

Insane.
If you could let me know who you ordered the GMC from also, I’m thinking about canceling my order

Reaction score
As it has been mentioned by others, things may not improve for folks by ordering a GMC or Ford.
While this article is about the Bronco, I would be surprised if this was the extent of their supply chain woes.

BSN81

Reaction score
As it has been mentioned by others, things may not improve for folks by ordering a GMC or Ford.
While this article is about the Bronco, I would be surprised if this was the extent of their supply chain woes.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side. I get it for people that need a truck for work. I'm fortunate I am not in that position.

DevinFiesta

Reaction score

This dealer actually has '23s on the lot. With digital clusters too.

On Ram's site it implies now that if you have the 12" infotainment screen you can add a wireless camera. Glad I didn't get the wires camera system. Had even second guessed myself and tried to add it but was too late. My salesman says my truck shows a delivery date of Jan 19 (today), but me thinks that's to the outfitter for boxliner, hitch and whatever else they add on. Or it could be a straight up lie. I got 4.10 gears and the 30k hitch, both of which I can't find as an option on the US site but they're on the Canadian one.

jsalbre

Reaction score

This dealer actually has '23s on the lot. With digital clusters too.

On Ram's site it implies now that if you have the 12" infotainment screen you can add a wireless camera. Glad I didn't get the wires camera system. Had even second guessed myself and tried to add it but was too late. My salesman says my truck shows a delivery date of Jan 19 (today), but me thinks that's to the outfitter for boxliner, hitch and whatever else they add on. Or it could be a straight up lie. I got 4.10 gears and the 30k hitch, both of which I can't find as an option on the US site but they're on the Canadian one.
Where does it mention a wireless camera?

DevinFiesta

Reaction score
Under entertainment/technology. I only see it on the Canadian site too. When you select the camera, you need to have the Limited Level 1 group selected. So through careful well thought out reasoning, I have deduced that if you have that package you can add a wireless camera later. I'm not accepting opposing theories at this time. I want to play make believe for a while longer.

CortexM0

Reaction score
Where does it mention a wireless camera?
Looks like it can be found when building a truck on ramtruck.ca.

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 11.53.00 PM.png

It's interesting that it's mentioned here, but the camera option for the digital rear view mirror is a wired option. This makes me think that maybe the wireless camera is for the in dash screen and not the mirror. If so, this will likely mean the viewing duration would be limited to a few seconds while driving.

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 11.54.32 PM.png

This isn't the first mention of a wireless camera option that I've seen. I'll see if I can track that down too.

CortexM0

Reaction score

BSN81

Reaction score

jsalbre

Reaction score
Since the right hand and left hand at Ram don’t even realize they’re attached to the same body it’s hard to say what’s real. Maybe there is a wireless camera that will be available or maybe there was one planned and they killed it off months ago but never bothered to tell the guy that wrote those pages.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Looks like it can be found when building a truck on ramtruck.ca.

View attachment 50481

It's interesting that it's mentioned here, but the camera option for the digital rear view mirror is a wired option. This makes me think that maybe the wireless camera is for the in dash screen and not the mirror. If so, this will likely mean the viewing duration would be limited to a few seconds while driving.

View attachment 50482

This isn't the first mention of a wireless camera option that I've seen. I'll see if I can track that down too.
According to the service manual, it’ll be the wireless version of the mopar aux trailer cameras on the radio screen. There’s a wireless camera module in the rear driver side headliner, and the cameras can be charged via usb c.

buzzuti

Reaction score
Found it. Click "View List" under "What's new for 2023" on this page: https://stellantis-na-product-media.info/ram-commercial/3500-4500-5500-chassis-cab

View attachment 50483

"New wireless Trailer Camera Prep Kit with up to four cameras (including night vision) is available across the lineup."
Nice find!

This has been driving me nuts...
I have truly been wishing they would do this. Screw hardwired in this realm.
I also wish they would open up the platform more for more application integrations ala CarPlay/ Android.

If they would just expose a very minimal API access to the vehicle that would open up the door to a lot of opportunities.
Example, why do I need a piece of hardware for ODB? Lame.
Set the configs free!!!

DeanOtis

Reaction score
Hey yall,

I ordered a 2023, Laramie 2500 w. 6.7 Cummins & 6'4" box.
Level 1 group, no sunroof, $85k
Order received 10/5, in Queue 12/15, Estimated ship date 1/23. Currently D3, whatever that means.

I'm fine with waiting, but this is kinda ridiculous. I don't want the ford markup, and I don't like the GM styling, but I may be making changes in February.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Hey yall,

I ordered a 2023, Laramie 2500 w. 6.7 Cummins & 6'4" box.
Level 1 group, no sunroof, $85k
Order received 10/5, in Queue 12/15, Estimated ship date 1/23. Currently D3, whatever that means.

I'm fine with waiting, but this is kinda ridiculous. I don't want the ford markup, and I don't like the GM styling, but I may be making changes in February.
Your estimated “ship date” is your ship date to the next phase, which is your build date. It can change (but last year we saw no more than 3 times). From there outside vendors, waits and train trips. Last year my 2022 took over 5 months, and I ordered in March when that years production was in full swing. If February is your cutoff, your might as well pull that trigger now.

Hate to be the bearer of bad new, but it is what it is. Saddle up, buckle up, and enjoy the ride :cool:

Here is a link to the build codes:

Last edited:

BroadStBully

Reaction score
I feel like I'm in the same boat as you deanotis. Ordered mine 12/12. Went to 'scheduled to be built' on 1/17 on ram tracker. My dealer texted me later that day and said they had an 'estimated ship date' and that my truck should be built and ready to ship on 2/2. That seemed incredibly quick to me. What pacnw1963 says makes more sense. We'll see when it goes to 'in production ' on ram tracker.

Eli77657

Reaction score
How long should E status stay from the spreadsheet it looks like about 3 days what’s the longest we seen? I went to E on 1/13 so that’s 7 days so far

pacnw1963

Reaction score
How long should E status stay from the spreadsheet it looks like about 3 days what’s the longest we seen? I went to E on 1/13 so that’s 7 days so far
Depends on how many things you have to be installed at the outside vendor. Actual production takes 8 hours, but then you are shipped off to outside vendors for installation of things like steps, spray in bed liner, etc. which means you go from E to JB. Depending on parts availability, you can sit there for 3 days, or in my case last year, 59 days. The tracker does not take any of this in consideration and only shows built. Call your dealer and get an actual build status code, and you will have a better idea what is going on

Eli77657

Reaction score
Depends on how many things you have to be installed at the outside vendor. Actual production takes 8 hours, but then you are shipped off to outside vendors for installation of things like steps, spray in bed liner, etc. which means you go from E to JB. Depending on parts availability, you can sit there for 3 days, or in my case last year, 59 days. The tracker does not take any of this in consideration and only shows built. Call your dealer and get an actual build status code, and you will have a better idea what is going on

See build sheet below https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5TL0PG511599
It’s fully specd out it’s a limited mega cab with basically all the options

pacnw1963

Reaction score
See build sheet below https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=3C6UR5TL0PG511599
It’s fully specd out it’s a limited mega cab with basically all the options
If all of the parts are available it will be in and out relatively quickly. But all it takes is missing a bolt to install the steps and you get pushed to the side until the part comes in. The joke last year was my sat so long it needed intervention when it go to the states for all of the partying it did with the other trucks sitting at the outside vendors

Eli77657

Reaction score
If all of the parts are available it will be in and out relatively quickly. But all it takes is missing a bolt to install the steps and you get pushed to the side until the part comes in. The joke last year was my sat so long it needed intervention when it go to the states for all of the partying it did with the other trucks sitting at the outside vendors

Would the dealer even be able to tell me where it’s up to? Or what it’s waiting on? [mention]brv10 [/mention] is there anyway you can see that?

Users who are viewing this thread