Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Alligator John

Reaction score
I ordered my truck 09/13/2022. It hit KZ status 02/25/2023. Estimated delivery was set at 04/15/2023. That's roughly three weeks away and I have to fly to pick it up. I hate to cancel my flight. What would you think a drop dead date for flight cancelation would be? It has to get to Minnesota.
I could be wrong, but from KZ to delivery date that date, I doubt is correct. I have seen people on here report about that date changing. Then Lot to train, train to train, train to lot, lot to dealer, and dealer prep time. And others never show it as shipped and it magically appears at the dealer. Good question though. Just how accurate is the estimated delivery date on the tracker?

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but from KZ to delivery date that date, I doubt is correct. I have seen people on here report about that date changing. Then Lot to train, train to train, train to lot, lot to dealer, and dealer prep time. And others never show it as shipped and it magically appears at the dealer. Good question though. Just how accurate is the estimated delivery date on the tracker?
This just happened to mine multiple time. The Ram Tracker date for delivery bounced all over the place after it was shipped. Then one day this week it went from April to it being at the dealer. Hoping to get it picked up early next week!

Scherm

Reaction score
This just happened to mine multiple time. The Ram Tracker date for delivery bounced all over the place after it was shipped. Then one day this week it went from April to it being at the dealer. Hoping to get it picked up early next week!
Thank you. That gives me hope.

SpeedShots

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealer today! The estimated delivery date started changing on a daily basis this past week going from April 5 to March 22 to March 23 and then TBD. As others have noted, when the date starts bouncing around on a daily basis, it probably is on a car carrier headed to the dealer. Three months and one week from placing the order to delivery. Here is what she looks like.

IMG_4145.JPEGIMG_4142.JPEG

Scherm

Reaction score
My truck arrived at the dealer today! The estimated delivery date started changing on a daily basis this past week going from April 5 to March 22 to March 23 and then TBD. As others have noted, when the date starts bouncing around on a daily basis, it probably is on a car carrier headed to the dealer. Three months and one week from placing the order to delivery. Here is what she looks like.

View attachment 53962View attachment 53963
That's a great looking ride! I am excited about the truck. My current truck is a 2003. My teenaged son was not kind to it. However, if it's meant to be, it will happen. This forum has been expensive! There are too many good ideas nickel & diming me and I have a pile of accessories stacking up.

CortexM0

Reaction score
It's looking like the trailer camera options for the 2023 are really limited at this time. They weren't accepting orders with the 360 Trailer Surround View (XN1), and now it appears that any orders with the Tow Mode Camera (XH7) are getting that option removed. Hopefully these limitations are due to parts availability, and these options can be added later as camera systems become available.

Not wanting to go the aftermarket route for trailer cameras, I did some looking into the existing 2022 trailer camera systems. I did find documentation from Stellantis CVBU (Commercial Vehicle Business Unit) that, "The 2022 and 2023 XH7 trailer camera kits are NOT interchangeable. The 2022 kit will not work with a 2023 truck, and the 2023 kit will not work with a 2022 truck." However, I did not find any similar warning regarding the XN1 360 Trailer Surround View. Not knowing if it will work, but not finding anything saying it won't, I went ahead and bought a 2nd hand XN1 360 Trailer Surround View system. When I get my truck I'll try this out and report the results (unless someone else beats me to it).
My truck finally made it home yesterday. So today, I plugged in the '22 360 trailer camera to see what would happen. I don't have anything installed yet. Just tested it with the entire system connected and sitting on my tailgate.
PXL_20230326_183945531.MP.jpg

I'll call it a partial success. The truck didn't recognize I had the trailer camera system installed, but I did get the 360 degree and rear view image when I selected Aux 1.
PXL_20230326_183720757.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
My truck finally made it home yesterday. So today, I plugged in the '22 360 trailer camera to see what would happen. I don't have anything installed yet. Just tested it with the entire system connected and sitting on my tailgate.
View attachment 54066

I'll call it a partial success. The truck didn't recognize I had the trailer camera system installed, but I did get the 360 degree and rear view image when I selected Aux 1.
View attachment 54067
You have to use AlfaOBD to enable the trailer surround view camera module, so the aux camera 1 soft key will be replaced with trailer surround soft key. Then you’ll be able to set every up, and the soft keys within the overlay image will be functional.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
My truck is finally at the dealer! Picking it up this afternoon. Fingers crossed no option-delete surprises. For those of you using the RAM Tracker, it does seem to go nuts right before delivery. The delivery date kept changing and then when it hit the dealer, it went to TBD.

Dark Sky

Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought the AlfaOBD step would be needed to simply get the 360 camera system to display 'as designed'. I am finally planning to install mine (it's a 2022) but I've been thinking about doing something different. I wonder if it's possible to only install the side and rear cameras on my 5th wheel since the nose camera won't show me anything valuable. That might allow me to use the nose camera in my bed and have it view the goose ball from the side to make it easier to get the receiver over the ball. I would of course need to acquire the necessary cable(s) and???
Clearly @Jimmy07 will have some idea whether this is feasible.

gprguy

Reaction score
Problem is that sometime in mid 2022 they stopped the practice of activating the sales code that allows for the trailer 360 unless you specifically bought the trailer 360 kit with the truck. Before, you could just buy the truck 360 and they'd turn on the trailer 360 option code as well regardless. So if you have a mid/late 2022 or 2023, you need to enable the feature with AlfaOBD.

Why? Who can say.

Dark Sky

Reaction score
Problem is that sometime in mid 2022 they stopped the practice of activating the sales code that allows for the trailer 360 unless you specifically bought the trailer 360 kit with the truck. Before, you could just buy the truck 360 and they'd turn on the trailer 360 option code as well regardless. So if you have a mid/late 2022 or 2023, you need to enable the feature with AlfaOBD.

Why? Who can say.
Thanks for the info. I did buy my 360 system with the truck, ordered in October 2021 and delivered February 2022. I guess I'll hook it all up and see if the system works and go from there.

gprguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I did buy my 360 system with the truck, ordered in October 2021 and delivered February 2022. I guess I'll hook it all up and see if the system works and go from there.
I don't think we know exactly when in 2022 they made the change, but I'd say the odds are in your favor.

CortexM0

Reaction score
If you got it with your truck, then you shouldn't have any problems. My problem was the lack of availability for any trailer camera systems with the 2023s. My only option was to order it without, and purchase a second hand camera system from a 2022. Now if I can just figure out how to get AlfaOBD to work with my truck... but that's a subject for a different thread.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
So jealous.
I feel your pain. I finally got mine this week after 6 months, but there were lots of times when I saw orders placed 2-3 months after mine getting shipped out. It was frustrating for sure. Which trucks they choose to build does seem to be random chance at the factory.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there were two different safety groups offered for this model year? I am seeing some actual built trucks with window stickers listing the safety group as a $1740 option with lane-keep assist, forward-collision warning plus, and adaptive steering. This was a Laramie. On my order from 2/2, which is also a laramie, the safety group was a $2140 option and included those three items plus adaptive cruise control, auto high beams, and rain sensitive wipers. I don't have a window sticker yet for mine. I am just curious why there is a difference for the same trim level and package.

Users who are viewing this thread