Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD 2500 Order Guides with Pricing

West1986

Reaction score
Argh, that's frustrating as hell. I may be stuck driving the Gladiator for another year at this rate. Not that I dislike the Gladiator, it's an excellent little truck and a blast offroad, but it sucks towing my nearly 6000lb TT on anything but flat ground.
Yeah i know..... They said the way they are reading it....6.4L may possibly be gone on higher trims

pizzatots

Reaction score
Argh, that's frustrating as hell. I may be stuck driving the Gladiator for another year at this rate. Not that I dislike the Gladiator, it's an excellent little truck and a blast offroad, but it sucks towing my nearly 6000lb TT on anything but flat ground.

Could be the hurricane motor will be offered instead?

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@zach@granger are there any updates on the ordering system for 2500 Big Horn's/8FT beds? Does FCA have an ETA of when the system will be corrected?

Thanks in advance!
Everything has been super goofy for the 23 launch. They are working through the issues.

FLARam

Reaction score
Another question for you all, on the Laramie trim packages, is the Leather Trim Bench seat ventilated? I looked the the order guides and the VL* seat code is missing from the detailed information. I know the bucket seats are, but specifically looking at the bench
Yes, trust me. Our staff is frustrated too!
@zach@granger , is it too late to order a 2022 Ram 2500 ??

rossagge

Reaction score
I'm just gonna buy a 2023 Challenger 6.4 Hemi. RT Scat Pack Wide body MT. Haha. No, but seriously...

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

West1986

Reaction score
Just received from Ram:

Thank you for your patience;

Reviewing our resources I found for 2023, the Ram 2500 Limited 4X4 only offers a 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel engine.

While we cannot speculate regarding future product planning due to ongoing market changes and demands, your comments concerning the availability of the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine on the 2023 Ram 2500 Limited 4X4 have been documented. Comments like yours are always welcomed and important way of obtaining feedback and helps providing the greatest possible satisfaction for customers.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Just received from Ram:

Reviewing our resources I found for 2023, the Ram 2500 Limited 4X4 only offers a 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel engine.

While we cannot speculate regarding future product planning due to ongoing market changes and demands, your comments concerning the availability of the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine on the 2023 Ram 2500 Limited 4X4 have been documented. Comments like yours are always welcomed and important way of obtaining feedback and helps providing the greatest possible satisfaction for customers.
Well that’s not very encouraging.

West1986

Reaction score
No
Well that’s not very encouraging.
Sadly it's not... So it's either keep with the 2022 limited build, or go with a decked out 2023Laramie. They are both nice, but the limited just seems better quality materials inside and a few better options such as the led headlamps specific to the limited/long horn models...

Last edited:

ek2bird

Reaction score
So should we expect an announcement next month about the new I6 turbo replacing the 6.4 hemi on the higher trim lines?

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@zach@granger , is it too late to order a 2022 Ram 2500 ??
Yes, only 2023s.
Just received from Ram:

Yes, in an effort to achieve complexity reduction, the highest trim that the 6.4 hemi is available in is the Laramie now. The take rate on the 6.4 was below 5% of overall production on Laramie Longhorn and Limited. It got the Axe.

West1986

Reaction score
Yes, only 2023s.

Yes, in an effort to achieve complexity reduction, the highest trim that the 6.4 hemi is available in is the Laramie now. The take rate on the 6.4 was below 5% of overall production on Laramie Longhorn and Limited. It got the Axe.
Of course it would.. That's my luck lol. Thank you very much for the info.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Yes, only 2023s.

Wow, that really sucks. The diesel would be a massive waste of money for me so I can’t get a Limited or Longhorn, but my wife can’t get in without the power steps, which are no longer available on the Laramie. I know AMP makes steps, but they’re not nearly as nicely integrated into the truck. This also screws me out of the adaptive headlights, and a few other features that appear to be Limited and Longhorn only now.

Ram has really screwed up this model year launch.

West1986

Reaction score
Wow, that really sucks. The diesel would be a massive waste of money for me so I can’t get a Limited or Longhorn, but my wife can’t get in without the power steps, which are no longer available on the Laramie. I know AMP makes steps, but they’re not nearly as nicely integrated into the truck. This also screws me out of the adaptive headlights, and a few other features that appear to be Limited and Longhorn only now.

Ram has really screwed up this model year launch.
10000% agree

West1986

Reaction score
But just fyi... You can get Mopar power steps installed at dealer when you pick it up... That's what i was going to do. Same as factory stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread