Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD 2500 Order Guides with Pricing

jsalbre

Reaction score
But just fyi... You can get Mopar power steps installed at dealer when you pick it up... That's what i was going to do. Same as factory stuff.
Not for the HDs, there’s only a kit for the 1500s.

Perhaps @Jimmy07 could use his magic and figure something out though.

rossagge

Reaction score
The time is coming ...
81921fc8d653b011f61c7141e383a46d.gif

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

West1986

Reaction score
I
The time is coming ...
81921fc8d653b011f61c7141e383a46d.gif

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
Think i got one of the last 2022 limited Hemi's..lol with the lvl 1 snuck in. ordered 08/26...and dealership just told me looks like build is 10/16ish? (He says it states ship date is 10/16, but that it really means the next step in production which is build?...confused lol)

jsalbre

Reaction score
It's starting to look like a Rebel may be my last hope (assuming the October announcement is that). If it doesn't meet my needs I may has to go over to Ford. Which would really make me sad. There's always Power Wagon, but I need more payload capacity than my Gladiator, not less.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
But just fyi... You can get Mopar power steps installed at dealer when you pick it up... That's what i was going to do. Same as factory stuff.

As said, if a dealer installs something, it will likely be AMP. There is no plug and play kit for the HD's. The wiring harness isn't the same.

Jimmy can build you a add on harness and using factory parts, you can add the steps. You'll also need an AlfaOBD setup. Can't say if a dealer would be willing to add the sales code, particularly if it's not a factory available option on the trim level.

Not for the HDs, there’s only a kit for the 1500s.

Perhaps @Jimmy07 could use his magic and figure something out though.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, only 2023s.

Yes, in an effort to achieve complexity reduction, the highest trim that the 6.4 hemi is available in is the Laramie now. The take rate on the 6.4 was below 5% of overall production on Laramie Longhorn and Limited. It got the Axe.

Is this only the 2500 or also the 3500? Maybe I missed a post or two.

AJ608

Reaction score
Wow, that really sucks. The diesel would be a massive waste of money for me so I can’t get a Limited or Longhorn, but my wife can’t get in without the power steps, which are no longer available on the Laramie. I know AMP makes steps, but they’re not nearly as nicely integrated into the truck. This also screws me out of the adaptive headlights, and a few other features that appear to be Limited and Longhorn only now.

Ram has really screwed up this model year launch.

I got super lucky getting a Limited 6.4, I won't buy a Laramie if that's my only option in 3 more years.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I got super lucky getting a Limited 6.4, I won't buy a Laramie if that's my only option in 3 more years.
What kills me is I *had* a Limited 6.4. I traded it in for a Gladiator when I stopped fulltiming and got rid of my RV, expecting to only pull a small trailer if any at all. Of course, the small trailer ended up being too small and now we’ve got a trailer that it too close to the limits of the Gladiator to be enjoyable to drive.

Guess I should have just kept the 2020.

jenninr

Reaction score
The Power Wagon is available with the limited interior with the level 2 package (level 3 on 22 models). On the leaked Rebel build sheet it looked like the Rebel is an option package on the Power Wagon. As long as the Rebel, if it is announced, doesn't force you into a diesel, that would be an option to get the limited interior with a 6.4 hemi. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rebel package forces the diesel though.

I want a Power Wagon but need a higher tow rating (12k). However I don't tow heavy very often so I want the hemi. I think the Rebel, though it will likely lose some of the Power Wagon features, would be a good compromise. I'm patiently waiting on the October announcement before I decide what to order. If the Rebel forces the diesel I'll probably go Laramie but I'll also think hard about a Power Wagon and add some air bags. I know that adding air bags doesn't technically change the rating but I only care about actual capability.

rossagge

Reaction score
Power Hood looks pretty cool. You can get a glimpse of the new mirrors folded in.

On the home page as well.

West1986

Reaction score
Power Hood looks pretty cool. You can get a glimpse of the new mirrors folded in.

On the home page as well.
When was that written. I asked MD.. Nothing like that yet in 2500 or up series

jenninr

Reaction score
When was that written. I asked MD.. Nothing like that yet in 2500 or up series
It's in the order guide that was posted at the beginning of this thread. Look at the Laramie night edition option for an example. It's also shown on post 129 in some material that was provided to dealers from Ram.

AJ608

Reaction score
What kills me is I *had* a Limited 6.4. I traded it in for a Gladiator when I stopped fulltiming and got rid of my RV, expecting to only pull a small trailer if any at all. Of course, the small trailer ended up being too small and now we’ve got a trailer that it too close to the limits of the Gladiator to be enjoyable to drive.

Guess I should have just kept the 2020.
damn now that really sucks ... I'm sure finding one will be difficult

West1986

Reaction score
If the rebel had air suspensions and a few other options...i may just be cancelling 2022 limited order lol

jsalbre

Reaction score
The leaked build sheet had air suspension on it.
Not saying that it won’t have air suspension as an option, but I wouldn’t put a lot of faith in that leaked build sheet. It could have been a huge collection of random things they were testing.

jenninr

Reaction score
Not saying that it won’t have air suspension as an option, but I wouldn’t put a lot of faith in that leaked build sheet. It could have been a huge collection of random things they were testing.
That's a good point

Users who are viewing this thread