Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

newmason

Reaction score
Uconnect 5 was a nice idea maybe in paper for trying to sell more trucks. Otherwise it’s the same crap from previous generations!

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I climbed in my truck today at the Walmart and an update was available from FCA-MY22.S21C.6 -PROD to FCA-MY22.S21D.5 -PROD for the 12.1 radio. We will see how this goes as I have had issues since day one. Screen going blank right after you shut the truck off and turn it back on but radio still works and you have to do a reboot on it. Sometimes the top bar locks up on the name from the song that played 10 minutes before from the usb stick if I have it on other than the media tab. I have to unplug the usb and reinsert it to get it to cycle again.

IMG_6364 2.jpg

Last edited:

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Had a prompt for an update today for the first time since purchasing the truck (2022 3500 Longhorn Level 1 with the 12” UC5 bought on 11/29/21)

My truck came with version “C” of the software. Now showing version “D”.

I experienced multiple Car Play related glitches since new. Also, my weather page would not function. I’m curious to see what this update actually fixed (if anything). I love the UC5 software and the 12” screen but it is definitely far from perfect and in need of serious R&D and fixes for a multitude of little anomalies and glitches. I think if they refine it and fix the glitches it will be an awesome piece of tech.
17e164d647f54fe0c515721fff6f7187.jpg

18daeb296b5f266ac0ab4c2cb112ecf7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Todays update didn’t fix the weather app. I still get an “error” as soon as the app opens. Not sure how it’s even supposed to work. Do I have to have an active Sirius account to make it work or does it function as part of the factory Navigation?

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Todays update didn’t fix the weather app. I still get an “error” as soon as the app opens. Not sure how it’s even supposed to work. Do I have to have an active Sirius account to make it work or does it function as part of the factory Navigation?

That was my question

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you all that have received the update have “update over Wi-Fi “ selected?

Mine was not selected. My update appeared when I shut the truck off. I turned the battery accessory power back on and hit the update button. Took about ten minutes. I didn’t really notice anything different after the install but I didn’t run the truck for long after the update

Jhans70

Reaction score
Mine was not selected. My update appeared when I shut the truck off. I turned the battery accessory power back on and hit the update button. Took about ten minutes. I didn’t really notice anything different after the install but I didn’t run the truck for long after the update

Any update? My truck is currently on B taking it in tomorrow to update it. My weather app is hit or miss and have constant carplay issues. My dealer recommended this and it seemed to help some.

To perform a soft reset of your Uconnect
system-
1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode
(ACC or RUN)
For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push
the start button twice without having your
foot on the gas or brake pedal
2) Hold down the Phone and voice
recognition buttons (or tuner and volume
knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.
3) Let go of the buttons
4) Turn the vehicle off
5) Open driver's side door for thirty seconds
(or until dash illumination goes black)
6) Close door
7) Restart vehicle

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Nothing. I drove around quite a bit today and not a sign of an update. I’m still on B as well. Weather doesn’t work. I’ve trouble shot and many issues disappear when you disconnect your phone. At least for iPhones. Still glitches but better without phone connected.

EJP

Reaction score
After having all the same issues as everyone else and many trips to the dealer (truck is there now) they have informed me they have ordered a new Uconnect 5 system for my truck. Unfortunately I do not know how they came to the conclusion its the actual unit and not the software.

fmetz

Reaction score
After doing some testing and research it seems like most of the wireless CarPlay problems come from auto connecting to other local Wi-Fi networks and breaking the “android Uconnect” Wi-Fi connection. Apple and Uconnect should be able to give some guidance or repair this. I’m going to do some testing and see if I can get it more reliable. Please keep working on this Ram. Thank you.

fmetz

EJP

Reaction score
After having all the same issues as everyone else and many trips to the dealer (truck is there now) they have informed me they have ordered a new Uconnect 5 system for my truck. Unfortunately I do not know how they came to the conclusion its the actual unit and not the software.
Update: Tech noticed new system had 1 more plug than the system he took out, didn't think to much of it and installed the radio, unfortunately the system now doesn't work at all. Per Chryslers request tech left truck outside so modules could go to sleep in hopes they play nice in the morning. Does anyone happen to know what the extra plug might be ( I was thinking maybe an amp for the harmon kardon system) seems silly to have multiple versions of the 12" Uconnect. Oh and Chrysler couldn't tell the tech what the extra plug was for either.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Update: Tech noticed new system had 1 more plug than the system he took out, didn't think to much of it and installed the radio, unfortunately the system now doesn't work at all. Per Chryslers request tech left truck outside so modules could go to sleep in hopes they play nice in the morning. Does anyone happen to know what the extra plug might be ( I was thinking maybe an amp for the harmon kardon system) seems silly to have multiple versions of the 12" Uconnect. Oh and Chrysler couldn't tell the tech what the extra plug was for either.
If you have a pic, or know what color it is, I could probably tell.

sstoner911

Reaction score
I feel pretty Lucky...I have had zero issue and it's not even the current software version...must be living life right hahaha

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Left work today and thought I would attempt the weather app again, just to see if something changed with that update from a few weeks ago. I almost couldn’t believe my eyes!
45aaa9733c13eb1a2067370117d4d4d4.jpg

clotagames

Reaction score
Left work today and thought I would attempt the weather app again, just to see if something changed with that update from a few weeks ago. I almost couldn’t believe my eyes!
45aaa9733c13eb1a2067370117d4d4d4.jpg

Wait till tomorrow and it will probably be gone. That’s been my issue.

EJP

Reaction score
Truck has been at the dealership since December 27, after Chrysler made the tech run a bunch of tests on the new non working Uconnect system they have come to the conclusion they need to order another Uconnect system. fingers crossed this one isn't defective like the first two and I can get my truck back this week.

Users who are viewing this thread