Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Myfast70

Reaction score
Yes, the phone connects via bluetooth.

Now that makes me wonder if that explains the new issue I had today, bluetooth kept randomly disconnecting then reconnecting, did it about a dozen times today

newmason

Reaction score
Had my UConnect 5 completely reset itself to factory, by its self! It's definitely a bit better than my wifes Jeep Uconnect but its still buggy garbage!

Myfast70

Reaction score
Had my UConnect 5 completely reset itself to factory, by its self! It's definitely a bit better than my wifes Jeep Uconnect but its still buggy garbage!

Have you seen it do any updates? I have mine connected to my wifi but have yet to see any updates at all. I even made my phone a Hotspot then tried to update/ check for them and still no luck.

Thoroughly impressed with the truck, just not the UC5

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We're so sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing with your Uconnect 5 and Apple CarPlay capabilities. Our Uconnect 5 system was developed to better support wireless CarPlay/Android Auto. Having devices plugged in via cable may cause your Uconnect some confusion since it will be collecting information from both wireless and connected sources. I kindly recommend taking full advantage of our Wireless Android Auto and Wireless Charging Pad features! This way we can avoid the possibility of your cords being defective, data sharing settings being adjusted, tangled cords, etc.

If you'd like to perform a reset of your Uconnect system, I've included some helpful information, below.

Soft Reset - This option performs a cold reboot which completely restarts the radio and all peripheral devices in the radio.
  • Customer prefers the "hard button" reset option:
    • Press and hold the "power button/knob" in for 10 seconds or more
  • Customer prefers the "soft button" reset options:
    • Open the VEHICLE app --> scroll to SETTINGS --> scroll to RESET and choose RESTART RADIO
    • FACTORY RESET wipes saved user data from the radio and reverts everything back to factory default settings. (Presets, Favorites, Profiles, Paired Phones will be cleared)
In order to utilize Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, it's important that the pairing process is done in the correct order since settings interact with one-another and can indeed turn off settings that you had previously enabled.
  1. "Forget" your mobile device and Uconnect system on the respective units
    1. On Apple device Go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Forget this Device
    2. On Uconnect System, go to Phone > Settings > Select Device in List and Delete the device
  2. On the Phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Unpair/Forget Existing "Uconnect" and duplicates
  3. Ensure that your mobile phone's software and Uconnect software are both up to date. Restart phone and pair again.
  4. Make sure Siri is on & CarPlay is not restricted
    1. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and ensure CarPlay is enabled
    2. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car.
  5. Set up CarPlay again
I hope this provides a little bit of clarification to some of the questions I was seeing! Please feel free to send us a private message if you have specific questions pertaining to your personal vehicle.

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

Myfast70

Reaction score
Thank you for posting that Courtney! I do have a question, you said we should verify that UC5 has the most current update (up to date is what you specifically said), how do we know what the most current update is and how do we verify that the unit is automatically updating as it should be?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Thank you for posting that Courtney! I do have a question, you said we should verify that UC5 has the most current update (up to date is what you specifically said), how do we know what the most current update is and how do we verify that the unit is automatically updating as it should be?
Here’s what I’m seeing as the newest update- S21C.6

Myfast70

Reaction score
Here’s what I’m seeing as the newest update- S21C.6

Well that's completely frustrating as Ram cares finally called me back a little while ago and said I need to go to the dealer to get the S21B.5 update and that will fix the glitches. We'll I looked up what version I have an sure enough it is the S21B.5, no surprise that Ram cares is on par with Ram chat and has/ giving bad info. I guess time to schedule an appointment now with the dealer to hopefully get this fixed. I thought part of the greatness of UC5 is over the air (wi-fi) updates?

Ramtough21

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 2500 with the 12 inch uconnect and the AC Sync button is no longer showing and the passenger side AC/Heat vertical icon is no longer showing. Does anyone know how to fix this or experienced this issue?

Ramtough21

Reaction score
I'd try the simple reboot posted above
I reset the radio and it worked. I just didn't think with a 5 day old truck I would have this issue. I appreciate the help! It's still going to the dealer for an unrelated issue. I'll have them check it out while it's there.

Myfast70

Reaction score
I reset the radio and it worked. I just didn't think with a 5 day old truck I would have this issue. I appreciate the help! It's still going to the dealer for an unrelated issue. I'll have them check it out while it's there.

If you go to the setting menu you can click on version info and it will tell you what revision you have. Dealer can also check for you as you mentioned

Nick

Reaction score
Moral of the story is don't use Apple play if you want to keep your sanity !

js4024

Reaction score
I had an issue with Uconnect 5 8.4”. Started to buzz, then blink off. Turned it on, blink off. Turned it on again and it came up. That night after backing it into the garage (wifi) it started a software down load. For those who don’t realize you can enable Wi-Fi on your 5.0 and it will load updates automatically. No need to visit the dealer. My update took about 15 mins. Just left it on a accessory.

newmason

Reaction score
Have you seen it do any updates? I have mine connected to my wifi but have yet to see any updates at all. I even made my phone a Hotspot then tried to update/ check for them and still no luck.

Thoroughly impressed with the truck, just not the UC5
Nope havent seen it update but it's definitely bug filled that I've soft and hard reset it multiple times. Super frustrating!

Myfast70

Reaction score
Ok, so apparently they do automatically update as mine had a message when I started the truck that said "an update was installed" or something like that. It had a see what's new button and when I pressed it it didn't show anything but "what's new". I was pretty frustrated on the way to family's house because the update removed the ability to set a specific temp, sync from the climate menu, removed outside temp from 12" screen and a few other small things. The ventilated seats did not blow on high speed as they should either.

Oddly enough, I was showing a family member the truck and when I started it up it was all back to normal. Looking forward to the trip home to see what it does then. If you notice there is nowna suspension adjustment option and a rear window screen button, neither of which work or function, obviously

Attachments

• 20211125_124144.jpg
    20211125_124144.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20211125_124456.jpg
    20211125_124456.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20211125_145421.jpg
    20211125_145421.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 20211125_145010.jpg
    20211125_145010.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

GetLostRob

Reaction score
so i have had my truck a week now, and have had severl glitches specifically with wireless apple carplay. I have had it disconnect from apple carplay and bee completely unavailable. One of the issues i have noticed lately though is the sound quality when listening to music or podcasts. the volume level and speakers available for different sources changes when choosing different selections on the carplay app. anyone elese noticed this?

Myfast70

Reaction score
I am using android auto and listed my issues above but I can report that it worked rather seamlessly on the way home with the exception of it dropping the bluetooth connection just once. I did read somewhere that you should either connect it to bluetooth or the USB port but not both at the same time as that will cause playing issues. I would check what version software you have and then try to force it to do a software update.

Users who are viewing this thread