Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

EJP

Reaction score
My truck did an update Wednesday and all seemed fixed, drove truck Thursday and back to missing icons for heat/cool seats and inside temp. Soft reset brings it all back for roughly 24 hours. Brought truck to dealer and they re-installed the update and said it works, started truck to leave and icons gone. I showed the tech and he said they will open a case with Chrysler and that they will be in touch. Tech also said Uconnect 5 has been nothing but a headache for them across all brands.

EJP

Reaction score
Well that's completely frustrating as Ram cares finally called me back a little while ago and said I need to go to the dealer to get the S21B.5 update and that will fix the glitches. We'll I looked up what version I have an sure enough it is the S21B.5, no surprise that Ram cares is on par with Ram chat and has/ giving bad info. I guess time to schedule an appointment now with the dealer to hopefully get this fixed. I thought part of the greatness of UC5 is over the air (wi-fi) updates?
My truck has the same issues and S21B.5 didn't fix mine either, there is a new update S21C.6 but just a heads up that one won't fix your issue either.

Myfast70

Reaction score
My truck has the same issues and S21B.5 didn't fix mine either, there is a new update S21C.6 but just a heads up that one won't fix your issue either.

So my truck did an automatic update but as you said it did not fix all of the issues. I still get the black screen of death but the stereo does turn on and reconnects to whatever I had on last, or seems to anyway. When I get that screen I do have to hold the power & tune or VR & Phone until it restarts, sometimes one time, sometimes three. After a follow up call from Ram Cares the gentleman did suggest that if (when) I have an issue again the do the restart procedure three times and then power the truck off and restart after the final time but I don't see that fixing the issues as it hasn't yet when I've done it three times. Hoping they get some worthy updates soon

Roby

Reaction score
I purchased my 22’ Ram 2500 on November 11th and having the same issues since then. I thought I was going crazy because The shortcuts at the top for comfort controls intermittently disappear. I experienced the black screen on the 124th once and after that the shortcuts came back for 1 day now they are gone again. Mine also starts up on a different screen every time!

Myfast70

Reaction score
Here is a post I had made with my issues when they started. Just saw another thread where someone was having consistency issues showing diesel pricing, mine has never displayed diesel.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues yet, I did install an update before I ever drove the truck. I’m also using wireless CarPlay and not AA.

MegaStro

Reaction score
Been driving a week so far and I have noticed the SiriusXM sets itself back to channel 1 over night. Its every morning regardless if I unlock with remote or leave in garage unlocked. seems strange but all presets are still programmed. Also the weather app will not load. Other than that its been flawless.

Untillater

Reaction score
I have had my 22 for a few weeks now, nothing but problems. pretty sure its just a waiting game for software updates.

Garcia320

Reaction score
I have lost CarPlay 10-20 times in the 2 weeks that I have had the truck. Factory reset is the only way I’ve found to get it back. Little frustrating that you pay $90k for a vehicle and have immediate issues! Update needed asap.

GetLostRob

Reaction score
The issues I continue to have seem to just be carplay related. The wireless connection constantly drops between my phone and the system. it jumps from screen to screen. if i'm listening to music and switch to WAZE, the sound goes away from the center channel speaker. then if i bounce between screens sometimes it will come back, or I have to toggle carplay off and then back on through the phone settings to get it to reconnect.

clotagames

Reaction score
Mine switches pages on its own. Lost engine temp and oil pressure from off road page app for a week. Have them back today but now weather app will not load. To many glitches.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Repost from another thread. Maybe more answers here.

Took delivery of the truck on Sunday.

To put it bluntly the UConnect 5 12" in it's current version is a hot steamy pile of dog poo.

Mine has version S21B.5, which I know is not current, but I also see no way to force it to update.

I've looked through every option. Multiple times. You can click the update via wifi, but you can't force an update. When it says "scanning" it's scanning for wifi networks, not updates.

For starters the GUI just isn't intuitive and user friendly. Things are tough to find and require multiple presses to get to common items. There is a ton of customization available, but I don't find what's available to be all that useful.

The unit itself is straight up buggy. CarPlay crashes. A lot. The screen jumps around unprompted to other screens. Drops CarPlay. Picks it back up. Screen goes black, and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on....

Weather App hasn't worked once yet.

The iPhone app is also low quality and sub par.

Camera quality is subpar for a $85K+ vehicle in the year 2022.

If anyone has advice on how to get this thing updated short of taking it to a dealer please let me know.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues yet, I did install an update before I ever drove the truck. I’m also using wireless CarPlay and not AA.
How did you install the update? I see no way to force an update.

I think wireless car play is causing a bunch of issues. When I tried to move things around or reconfigure favorites it just crashed until I disconnected my phone. Then it would let me. Regardless there are some MAJOR issues.

Last edited:

EJP

Reaction score
How did you install the update? I see no way to force an update.

I thing wireless car play is causing a bunch of issues. When I tried to move things around or reconfigure favorites it just crashed until I disconnect my phone. Then it would let me. Regardless there are some MAJOR issues.
It's a horrible system, I have the exact same issues and the current update (s21c.6) does not fix the issue either. Going back to the dealer for the second time on the 27th to run more "tests" because the 20+ pics and videos of it acting possessed aren't enough to prove its messed up.

Riddick

Reaction score
I have a noob question but how do I see what version of software I am running? I have the 8.4 screen, thanks.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I have a noob question but how do I see what version of software I am running? I have the 8.4 screen, thanks.
Vehicle - Settings

I believe it's one of the very bottoms icons on the left from that point. I think it says System Info maybe?

EJP

Reaction score
Truck had another over the air update last night (S21D.5) changed absolutely nothing. I wish they would tell you what the update was trying to fix even a general description like apple does when it updates your phone.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Truck had another over the air update last night (S21D.5) changed absolutely nothing. I wish they would tell you what the update was trying to fix even a general description like apple does when it updates your phone.
Does the truck have to be on or running to receive the update? Did you do anything to facilitate the update?

EJP

Reaction score
Does the truck have to be on or running to receive the update? Did you do anything to facilitate the update?
As soon as truck is in range of wifi if an update is available it comes up on the screen. truck does not have to be running for update to download

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Mine switches pages on its own. Lost engine temp and oil pressure from off road page app for a week. Have them back today but now weather app will not load. To many glitches.
I can’t get the stupid weather app to work at all.

Does anyone know where it pulls the weather from? I assume same LTE signal Ram Connect is using for all the other stuff that isn’t working correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread