Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
I must be a total moron. I can’t get it to work. I’ve formatted my stick as above. Dropped the folder into it and double clicked it (how it’s unzipped in a mac). Inserted it in the truck and nothing. What am I doing wrong?
I’m not familiar with mac, but it can NOT be unzipped. This all I do- here is a shot of my usb drive open, and the zipped folder circled (you don’t even open the folder):
CEC689C1-A22E-45C0-AAAF-19FCF6FFEAC5.jpeg
Then, here is me dragging the folder, and dropping it into my usb drive, let it do it’s thing copying the items, and that’s it:
469EAF3C-5060-4729-854A-69221846B6B2.jpeg
F37DEB5E-4101-490A-9AB1-8DAF398F7590.jpeg

love2build

Reaction score
Two things - not sure a mac works with this, it may just not sure (it's an Android file). 2nd - Do not unzip the folder on the drive just move it to the USB drive and that's it. I inserted mine into the usb closest to the steering wheel. It took a good twenty or so minutes to update.
Ok. Thanks. So was the truck running? Or just on ignition? And it took 20 min to update once it started or 20 min for the update to be recognized and start?

Firewall

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. So was the truck running? Or just on ignition? And it took 20 min to update once it started or 20 min for the update to be recognized and start?
Truck running, 20 minutes from inserting the USB. It starts almost immediately, a pop up screen shows the progress. At times I thought it stalled but eventually it will finish.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
I just leave it running (you can put the ignition in ACC or run too). Once you plug the usb stick in, it should almost immediately be recognized, and the update info will pop up.
Then, once you proceed, it will take 20 minutes to perform the update.

love2build

Reaction score
Ok. Did all of the above and still no luck. Weird… it won’t see anything inserted in either the usb c or usb a ports… oh well. Thanks again for the files I really appreciate it. It appears I will be stuck in B Indefinitely…

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ok. Did all of the above and still no luck. Weird… it won’t see anything inserted in either the usb c or usb a ports… oh well. Thanks again for the files I really appreciate it. It appears I will be stuck in B Indefinitely…
I just realized that I have been saying it wrong, and that Firewall said the same in his post above:
You are moving the ZIPPED folder onto the usb stick, NOT the UNzipped folder. So don’t unzip/extract anything.

Firewall

Reaction score
I just realized that I have been saying it wrong, and that Firewall said the same in his post above:
You are moving the ZIPPED folder onto the usb stick, NOT the UNzipped folder. So don’t unzip/extract anything.
Yep, just realized my mistake as well :rolleyes:

love2build

Reaction score
So to confirm I downloaded the file and copied it untouched to the usb stick. I did not unzip anything. Still no luck

love2build

Reaction score
Maybe. I might try downloading it to an android tablet. Will keep y’all posted

love2build

Reaction score
It’s a miracle! Must be a Mac thing. Dropped the file onto the usb stick via an android tablet and voila!!! Thanks @Jimmy07

Attachments

• 471337A2-6BD2-4392-8B4F-96D4FB67A5C8.jpeg
    471337A2-6BD2-4392-8B4F-96D4FB67A5C8.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 56

EJP

Reaction score
My screen doesn't work anymore; black screen. It was working fine at first. Made a stop for food. When I started up when leaving it didn't turn on at all. Everything works fine except the screen.

Going back to the dealership on Saturday morning. Had plans to go wheeling but that's thrown out the window.

EDIT/UPDATE: This Uconnect5 12 cannot make it its mind whether it is broke or not. After finishing lunch I went to go mess with pulling the fuse for the radio and disconnecting the battery to see it is does anything, but I had to move my truck back a little. And what do you know, it wants to work again.
Get used to it. Once truck goes to sleep the radio resets and will work again. I find if it happens while driving I find a place to pull over shut truck off and open door wait about 10 minutes shut door and restart truck and all is back to normal, and this is after 3 hard drives and 1 touch screen. Neither the dealer or Ram has been able to fix this.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Get used to it. Once truck goes to sleep the radio resets and will work again. I find if it happens while driving I find a place to pull over shut truck off and open door wait about 10 minutes shut door and restart truck and all is back to normal, and this is after 3 hard drives and 1 touch screen. Neither the dealer or Ram has been able to fix this.
Good grief! You'd think 1st-year coding students were writing this crap.

love2build

Reaction score
Do these updates also provide updated maps? Or just firmware? Also when I turn off the truck and sit here waiting for my wife when the system does shut down I always hear a click type sound from what would appear be the ANC in the headliner. I don’t really appear to have any ANC issues though so mostly curious…

zGhillie

Reaction score
Not sure why but did the exact same thing I did last night with the usb but it just worked! Hopefully it makes a difference

Hibiki54

Reaction score
Crazy. Never had this issue with my 2020 Rebel.

Users who are viewing this thread