Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

kwick66

Reaction score
Thanks for doing the leg work gents. This worked out great!
Picked up my truck a week ago and the cargo cam was just the blue screen. No OTA update came my way, so I decided to give this a try.
Turned ignition to accessory, plugged the thumb drive into usb1 and the download started automatically. Took about 15 minutes to load onto the truck.

Very disappointed on the video quality of cargo cam!!
The Video quality is comparable to an old vhs home video from 1985

Darmichar

Reaction score
Mine is better. It still isn't what I would call 'stable', but it's better than when I got the truck. Unfortunately, I've just gotten used to holding in the power button for 10 secs. and rebooting it on a regular basis.
I also agree for a $70K+ truck in 2022, the camera quality is straight out of a flip phone from 1994.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Mine is better. It still isn't what I would call 'stable', but it's better than when I got the truck. Unfortunately, I've just gotten used to holding in the power button for 10 secs. and rebooting it on a regular basis.
I also agree for a $70K+ truck in 2022, the camera quality is straight out of a flip phone from 1994.

This

LousRam

Reaction score
I have the same problem. They had my truck for two day and then told me (it's been working fine no problems) Also I get a bass thumping noise not all the time. I get it when I drive or parked (when the truck is running) Anybody have that problem?

JimKIII

Reaction score
I have the same problem. They had my truck for two day and then told me (it's been working fine no problems) Also I get a bass thumping noise not all the time. I get it when I drive or parked (when the truck is running) Anybody have that problem?
Are you talking about having this issue?....

....if so, then it looks like an amplifier replacement is the solution.

LousRam

Reaction score
Are you talking about having this issue?....

....if so, then it looks like an amplifier replacement is the solution.
Yes that's sounds like the same problem. I pull into the dealership yesterday and it stopped. They tell me they have to hear it.

JimKIII

Reaction score
Yes that's sounds like the same problem. I pull into the dealership yesterday and it stopped. They tell me they have to hear it.
Maybe you can print out the posts on this forum where replacing the amplifier solved the issue and take them to the dealer when they're able to hear the problem. Murphy sure messes with around at times like yours when the second you go to the dealer, amazingly there's no problem.

swhetstine

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Dealer did the update before i picked up the truck and still super glitchy. Screen locks up all the time, goes black, loses the short cut icons at the bottom, and loses the touch capability. All the above happen routinely but you never know which its going to be. Goes off into the weeds and then 10-15 seconds later it snaps back and is ok for a period of time.
Just bought a 2022 Power Wagon with Level 3 package. My 12" screen does the same dam thing. Hoping for a rollout that fixes this.

LousRam

Reaction score
Just bought a 2022 Power Wagon with Level 3 package. My 12" screen does the same dam thing. Hoping for a rollout that fixes this.
I forgot to say the Navigation is messed up. The dealer told me your truck has the latest update so I said oh I just can use it in Florida then right . It's a 2022 so why wouldn't it work?

Darmichar

Reaction score
Mine is better. I've now narrowed the issue to being 'high demand' actions that seem to overwhelm the system leading to a crash.
I air quote high demand because I can make it happen when I scroll a playlist or move a map in navigation, for example. Not necessarily what I would consider high demand, but I can see it possibly requiring a data surge to accommodate.
I can hear the audible hiccup in music that is playing, then it devolves from there to the point that the system will generally freeze, requiring a reboot to gain functionality.

Sixtime43

Reaction score
I'm currently having an issue where I have to manually power on my Uconnect unit (12" screen 2022 2500) when I start my truck. It's just a black screen/off until I hit the power button on the volume knob. I've only had the truck since the 30th, but it wasn't like this the first couple days.

I've tried doing a reset to default settings since I couldn't find a specific setting for this anywhere. Additionally, I flashed to software to the latest version (S23.13) in the hopes it would fix ths issue. No such luck.
Anyone else having this issue?

LousRam

Reaction score
Yes after several attempts at the dealership. (telling me everything is working as it should you have the latest up dates) Today we made an appointment for the latest up dates.. We will see

MrTaz

Reaction score
Anyone having to reboot their 12 inch display because the App button doesn't work and after rebooting the weather screen doesn't want to load? Seems like this has been more of a problem after the latest over the air update about a month ago.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone having to reboot their 12 inch display because the App button doesn't work and after rebooting the weather screen doesn't want to load? Seems like this has been more of a problem after the latest over the air update about a month ago.

Mine has been very reliable since the most recent update, with the exception of that weather app which seems to just do whatever it feels like. One minute it works, the next two weeks it just sits and spins and ultimately never loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrTaz

Reaction score
Mine has been very reliable since the most recent update, with the exception of that weather app which seems to just do whatever it feels like. One minute it works, the next two weeks it just sits and spins and ultimately never loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And just think... they expect to encourage us to pay for that unreliable crap when the trial ends. I wonder if they took tips from Microsoft?

Users who are viewing this thread