Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Fishspike

Reaction score
Okay my wife and I have both phones connected. Drove for two plus hours. Got back in a now Car Play won’t connect with either phone. Any suggestions ? Everything else seems to work. Phone/contacts/weather

Darmichar

Reaction score
Okay my wife and I have both phones connected. Drove for two plus hours. Got back in a now Car Play won’t connect with either phone. Any suggestions ?
When this happens, I usually have to reboot the system. Push both knobs on either side of the display in and hold them for about 10 seconds until the screen blanks.

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
I just did this. Darmichar your a wizard. works like it use to.
thanks

If that doesn’t work, delete you phone and add it again.

Some times my wireless CarPlay just starts randomly dropping the connection and picking it back up right away again, but it just starts doing this in a loop over and over again.

If I delete my phone and add it right back seems to stop it.

I usually try the both button reset, but sometimes it doesn’t stop drop/pickup sequence.

g00fy

Reaction score
Question for you guys with 2022's with surround view, when you're backing up and the cross path detection warning goes off, does the Uconnect show the camera of the side that triggered the warning?

Example I was plowing the other day and I was backing up toward the main road and somebody was coming from my right and triggered the cross path warning chime, at the same time the screen flickered blue for a second, and i wasn't sure if it was trying to show me the right side camera.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
Question for you guys with 2022's with surround view, when you're backing up and the cross path detection warning goes off, does the Uconnect show the camera of the side that triggered the warning?

Example I was plowing the other day and I was backing up toward the main road and somebody was coming from my right and triggered the cross path warning chime, at the same time the screen flickered blue for a second, and i wasn't sure if it was trying to show me the right side camera.
No, it does not. Personally, when I hear the Cross-Path detection go off I automatically stop and look because pedestrians, cyclist and even loose shopping carts will set it off. Which is a good thing because the last thing I want to do, especially once I get my 37s and new suspension, is bump into someone I couldn't see.

Unless you are blind, and shouldn't be driving in the first place, Mark 1 Eyeball is the best detection device we were blessed with.
I went wheeling last weekend (from date of post) and while I was "off-grid" with no cell reception (obviously) the Uconnect 5 crashed while I was on the Off-Road page using the front camera. Took a complete crap and restarted. And just a couple days ago (from date of post) while I was driving down the street listening to music using Pandora on Android Auto, the buzzing sound came through the speakers as if getting feedback interference and Uconnect 5 crashed and restarted. Since then I have been getting a message on start-up that Uconnect Box has an error and that it needs service. BUT, besides the message it works fine.

Anyone else getting his? I never had this problem with my 2020 Rebel's Uconnect 4.
Follow up on my Uconnect5 issue.
20220228_095505.jpg

Darmichar

Reaction score
I was sent a 'Quality Survey' on my truck today. I took the time to spell out all the issues I've been having with the uConnect system. I'm hoping it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Firewall

Reaction score
Emailed Ram about the cargo camera and the blue screen, here is what they sent. Seriously! They act like this is a new problem!

Thank you for contacting the RAM Customer Care.

We would like to start this email by congratulating you on the purchase of your 2022 RAM 3500! That is a gorgeous vehicle.

We can understand your frustration with regards to the problem you are having with the Cargo Camera. We are glad you reached out to us and I can definitely look into this further for you.

Your vehicle is equipped with the Cargo Camera that allows you to see an image of the inside of the pickup box.

Turning Cargo Camera On Or Off — With Uconnect 5/5 NAV

1. Press the Controls button located on the bottom of the Uconnect display.
2. Press the Cargo Camera button to turn the Cargo Camera system on.

NOTE: Once initiated by the Cargo Camera button, the Cargo Camera image will be displayed until the vehicle speed remains below 8 mph (13 km/h) and the 10 second timer runs out. The image may be deactivated by pressing the X button, placing the ignition in the OFF position, placing the gear selector in PARK, or pressing the image defeat X button. On deactivation, the previous selected screen will appear.

If the Cargo Camera is not running as designed, the best plan of action would be for you to see one of our authorized dealerships for a diagnosis if you have not had one yet.

The dealership would need to see the vehicle in order to understand the issues that are occurring. There are always so many variables that it is not practical to diagnose your vehicle via email and we want to make sure that we identify the issues accurately for you.

Once there, if you have any further concerns, you are welcome to contact us again.

vapors56

Reaction score
I was sent a 'Quality Survey' on my truck today. I took the time to spell out all the issues I've been having with the uConnect system. I'm hoping it doesn't fall on deaf ears.
I have a 2022 3500 DRW turbo diesel with the 12.1 Unconnect system. Radio not working right, touchscreen sometimes dead, cameras working only occasionally. It's at the dealer for over a week and now they claim that the software update cannot be done at a dealership. It will "come when it comes" via satellite. How pathetic. I emailed RAM today detailing the issues although it's probably too much to hope for a real response.

Wouldn't it be nice if companies would be honest about a problem with their product rather than patronizing their customers and skirting the issue. Unfortunately, I think that's too much to ask.

JimKIII

Reaction score
I have a 2022 3500 DRW turbo diesel with the 12.1 Unconnect system. Radio not working right, touchscreen sometimes dead, cameras working only occasionally. It's at the dealer for over a week and now they claim that the software update cannot be done at a dealership. It will "come when it comes" via satellite. How pathetic. I emailed RAM today detailing the issues although it's probably too much to hope for a real response.

Wouldn't it be nice if companies would be honest about a problem with their product rather than patronizing their customers and skirting the issue. Unfortunately, I think that's too much to ask.
I was a network engineer during my IT career and worked with high-end Cisco and Juniper routers and switches. Early on, when we'd have meetings with the sales engineers of those companies, I created a relationship with them such that I expected them to tell me in advance when there were serious issues with IOS versions. I didn't care if the software we were using had bugs to be worked out - I just wanted them to tell me what the bugs were up front so I didn't end up banging my head against the proverbial wall trying to troubleshoot issues if we ran into those bugs - which we did at times. It ended up being a very good relationship because there was honesty and openness about potential problems.

The other problem I have with this over-the-air software update procedure is I am not given the option to NOT have the update installed. Even Windows gives one the option of installing updates automatically, or downloaded but installed at my discretion, or not downloaded at all - but it's MY choice. Not with these OTA upates. Sure, I can decided when to have it done, but if I delay too long - they force it anyway. I expect and demand to know what is in an update before I let it install, but that's not an option with these trucks, which really pisses me off. Who the hell knows what's getting installed in the truck - we're just supposed to 'trust' them. The cynical side of me worries/wonders when an update will be forced that has the potential to seriously disable, if not destroy, the truck's functions.

Hibiki54

Reaction score
My screen doesn't work anymore; black screen. It was working fine at first. Made a stop for food. When I started up when leaving it didn't turn on at all. Everything works fine except the screen.

Going back to the dealership on Saturday morning. Had plans to go wheeling but that's thrown out the window.

EDIT/UPDATE: This Uconnect5 12 cannot make it its mind whether it is broke or not. After finishing lunch I went to go mess with pulling the fuse for the radio and disconnecting the battery to see it is does anything, but I had to move my truck back a little. And what do you know, it wants to work again.

Last edited:

love2build

Reaction score
Thanks! Could you provide install instructions? Last time C wouldn’t work for me. Hope this will. Thanks!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Thanks! Could you provide install instructions? Last time C wouldn’t work for me. Hope this will. Thanks!
Same as last one. All I do is use a 16GB stick, formatted fat32, and move the entire ZIPPED folder onto the usb drive (do not unzip/extract anything)

Last edited:

love2build

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks. Doesn’t matter which port I insert it in?

love2build

Reaction score
I must be a total moron. I can’t get it to work. I’ve formatted my stick as above. Dropped the folder into it and double clicked it (how it’s unzipped in a mac). Inserted it in the truck and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Firewall

Reaction score
I must be a total moron. I can’t get it to work. I’ve formatted my stick as above. Dropped the folder into it and double clicked it (how it’s unzipped in a mac). Inserted it in the truck and nothing. What am I doing wrong?
Two things - not sure a mac works with this, it may just not sure (it's an Android file). 2nd - Do not unzip the folder on the drive just move it to the USB drive and that's it. I inserted mine into the usb closest to the steering wheel. It took a good twenty or so minutes to update.

Users who are viewing this thread