Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

Combra6589

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any FCA recall paperwork that says 68444169ab is the remedy if the y76 relay test fails? Ram cares is absolutely useless so Isnt my case manager. My dealer has a new 68444169ab relay but they want ram to give them the ok to install it to cover their ass. It’s been a nightmare to get ram to do their job. If they can’t get a okay my truck will sit for months in the dealer lot

Quick

Reaction score
No parts are available at all. My case manager told me there’s no eta whatsoever and my 22 can sit for months

At what point can you enforce the lemon law and get refunded? I have a brand new '21 picked up in early August. If it's not usable due to fire risk, then frankly, I want my money back and will buy another brand. I didn't buy a truck for its auto-ignition capability

Combra6589

Reaction score
At what point can you enforce the lemon law and get refunded? I have a brand new '21 picked up in early August. If it's not usable due to fire risk, then frankly, I want my money back and will buy another brand. I didn't buy a truck for its auto-ignition capability
I can back out. I was never allowed to pick up my truck . They were literally putting plates on it Saturday morning when they stopped and pulled them off. If gm was accepting orders for their 23 denalis I would of got a refund . But can’t stand ford and gm interiors and waited almost 5 months for my ram

Bearman95

Reaction score
When we take our trucks in to get them checked, if they fail the test I wonder if they will try to keep our truck and not let us have it back until part The part is available?

rfullen280

Reaction score
what I have seen in the past is that if that is concern of yours contact an attorney but do not talk about it on a forum because they will use that against you

I am not an attorney but I recommend you seek one.

Combra6589

Reaction score
When we take our trucks in to get them checked, if they fail the test I wonder if they will try to keep our truck and not let us have it back until part The part is available?
They absolutely 100% will. I wouldn’t

Combra6589

Reaction score
Listen what I have seen in the past that is a concern of yours contact an attorney but do not talk about it on a forum because they will use that against you
There’s nothing I can do. They by law have to hold my truck. Ram failed miserably at this recall rollout .

rfullen280

Reaction score
There’s nothing I can do. They by law have to hold my truck. Ram failed miserably at this recall rollout .
Is that a state or federal requirement? And have you contacted an attorney specializing in vehicle and consumer law? There's a guy out there that might find this to be interesting in Michigan his name is Steve Lehto.

rfullen280

Reaction score

Combra6589

Reaction score
Well this is the only vehicle that I have, and I have to work and I have to drive it to work to make the payment!
Then unplug the relay until parts show up in may . I wouldn’t chance it

rfullen280

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't see the part where they impound your vehicle. (and I have thrown it away already...since I have the notice in the "MyRam" app..

But I suppose, for ultimate safety, just disconnecting the power to the relay at the battery is the most safe version..... if ya can't get to the dealer asap :)

Will_T

Reaction score

If this is correct, I would be worried about taking a truck on the recall list in to the dealer for anything. Even an oil change. If they are required to hold the truck by law and won't let you take it home even if you have disconnected the relay, then staying away from the dealer may be the only safe choice until there is clear guidance on this all the way around?

cycling4life

Reaction score

I think we have members here that have scheduled appointments with their dealers either this week or next week. Would be nice if they can update this thread back of what their relay part number is AA or AB and if it passed or failed.

Combra6589

Reaction score
If this is correct, I would be worried about taking a truck on the recall list in to the dealer for anything. Even an oil change. If they are required to hold the truck by law and won't let you take it home even if you have disconnected the relay, then staying away from the dealer may be the only safe choice until there is clear guidance on this all the way around?
Correct. If it passes the relay test that’s one thing but if it fails then they wouldn’t allow a overheating relay leave. Regardless if you ask them to unplug it .

Combra6589

Reaction score
I think we have members here that have scheduled appointments with their dealers either this week or next week. Would be nice if they can update this thread back of what their relay part number is AA or AB and if it passed or failed.
The replacement relay is Ab. I believe my AB relay failed so the resolution is to re test a new relay but there’s no relays available even though every 22 rolling out of Mexico has one which is extremely annoying

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hold on, before misinformation here gets so out of control that people will be scared to even see if they have a defective relay- There is no law requiring the owner of a recalled vehicle to have the recall completed, and nobody, including the dealer, can confiscate a vehicle that you (or the bank, or whoever holds your title) own for not being able to complete the recall. Federally speaking, it is illegal for a dealer to SELL a brand new vehicle that has a recall, and it is not illegal to sell a used vehicle with an open recall. But no, the dealer can not hold your vehicle if you bring it in and they can’t perform the repair until parts are in.

Users who are viewing this thread