Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Stop Sale on certain diesels incoming (intake air heater relay). - Recall Y76 REFRESHED OCT 2021

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
[MOD: This recall has been revived and the previous fix suspended. The thread resumes at post #124. Below is an image of where to disconnect the grid heater relay if you chose to do so until your truck can be inspected and repaired. Further questions regarding the recall and effect of disconnecting the grid heater should not quote/reply this post but reply at the end of the thread. Please catch up on the thread before asking questions, most have been answered.]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QZTgFBxaefE6yw8305wKUMZC2roZH_2k/view?usp=drivesdk

Just saw this a dude posted on Facebook (if you're on this forum, thanks dude).

Screenshot_20210319-084416_Facebook.jpg

Disconnect location:

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Will_T

Reaction score
Yes, I got this from our dealer also. He said that this morning he would be able to put in my VIN to see if my truck is impacted. Of course the most concerning thing about this is the line that says "The remedy for this condition is not currently available." I tried putting my VIN in myself on the Mopar site but nothing happens. Does not return a result one way or another, the dots just keep running across the screen. I have not heard anything from the dealer this morning so still uncertain about anything beyond what the notice dated a week ago says.

Don-T

Reaction score
Well that certainly seems to confirm the rumors. Hopefully the delay won't be very long.

diode_ee

Reaction score
Looks like the my ram app has been updated for my 2021 which shows it as part of the recall. My 3500 was delivered at the beginning of February.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Will_T

Reaction score
Looks like the my ram app has been updated for my 2021 which shows it as part of the recall. My 3500 was delivered at the beginning of February.
Are you saying that earlier today you checked on the Mopar site for your truck's VIN and it did not show as part of the recall. Then you checked again this evening and it had been added? Or did you just check once and it was there the first time?

diode_ee

Reaction score
Are you saying that earlier today you checked on the Mopar site for your truck's VIN and it did not show as part of the recall. Then you checked again this evening and it had been added? Or did you just check once and it was there the first time?
Just checked this evening after browsing some of these recall threads. I hadn't been aware of the recall until then and had no reason to pull the so up. Sorry I wasn't clear on that initial post.

Will_T

Reaction score
Just checked this evening after browsing some of these recall threads. I hadn't been aware of the recall until then and had no reason to pull the so up. Sorry I wasn't clear on that initial post.
Thanks! Sorry you have to deal with it.

diode_ee

Reaction score
Thanks! Sorry you have to deal with it.
Meh, no worries. I'm honestly not too worried about it myself. The truck isn't my daily driver and is really only used for long trips and towing my travel trailer. It's a great truck, but if it burns up in my driveway I'm not heart broken over it. That's what insurance is for. :)

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great truck....the best I've ever owned, actually. I'm just happy to see that FCA is working on a fix.

I do feel bad for those who ordered their truck and can't take ownership due to this recall, though. Those are the people I feel for.

QCHunter

Reaction score
I checked the Ram App and I have this recall too. I’m relatively new to the forum but I don’t remember seeing issues with trucks burning up while scrolling older posts. Has this issue been posted about here in the past?

Kreature

Reaction score
I saw this posted on another forum.

[mod edit: merged threads]

Attachments

• Y08 FCA Advanced Comm Recall.jpg
    Y08 FCA Advanced Comm Recall.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 134
Last edited by a moderator:

MikeXM

Reaction score
WOW... it is a stop sale only, not stop driving?

Will_T

Reaction score
I saw this posted on another forum.

There is another ongoing thread here about this:

Also comes up a bit in the new orders thread and in this one too: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ers-due-to-quality-issue-threads-merged.4207/

There are other places too. Lots of information and speculation but I have not yet seen anything definitive on which specific trucks are included. Many checking their VINs find they are recalled. Many others like me find no recall on our trucks. But at this point I think it is unknown whether this means some of us are clear or if Ram just has not input all the impacted VINs yet.

Last edited:

Kreature

Reaction score
There is another ongoing thread here about this:

Also comes up a bit in the new orders thread and in this one too: https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?...ers-due-to-quality-issue-threads-merged.4207/

There are other places too. Lots of information and speculation but I have not yet seen anything definitive on which specific trucks are included. Many checking their VINs find they are recalled. Many others like me find no recall on our trucks. But at this point I think it is unknown whether this means some of us are clear or if Ram just has not input all the impacted VINs yet.
Good deal. I'm new here and hadn't reviewed that section yet. I'll check it out.

Will_T

Reaction score
Someone on a different forum just made a suggestion as to why those of us with recent builds that we have not taken possession of are not finding our trucks recalled. I was thinking it may be because they are newer builds and do not have the issue. (Trucks like mine that are finished being built and being shipped but have not arrived at the dealer yet.) It may not be because they are good to go. It may be because technically Ram still owns these trucks so they can't recall them from themselves. Only trucks that have already been delivered to customers will be "recalled". This is an interesting possibility and another reason why I guess we will need to wait to see tomorrow if our dealers can find out for sure one way or another. I will be asking not if my truck is on the recall list, I already know it is not, but whether it is good to take delivery of.

QCHunter

Reaction score
My truck has a build date of 11/20 and is on the recall list.

Cpsram21

Reaction score
The question i have is why do they not have a fix for this ? Unless there is a big change in this relay from 2019-2020 models which are supposed to be the same as 21 models except fuel pump change why cant they use the old relays ? Or are the 2019-2020 models completely different ? I just thought besides the extra horsepower/Torque and injection pump change everyone said these were the same trucks .

JFV1134

Reaction score
Man this sucks. I entered into arbitration with FCA in August of 2020. NCDS decided in my favor and forced FCA to replace my pickup. Due to a comparable not being available on dealer lots, they allowed me to order a new 2021. I placed my order on November 2nd, 2020. My new pickup was delivered to the dealer on February 10th, 2021. Paperwork, foot-dragging, and red tape delayed my switch-out appointment to March 19th, 2021. 90 minutes before my appointment, the dealer calls me and tells me about this recall and that I need to wait for it to be resolved. I am so tired of waiting. 4 months, 19 days, and 20 hours since I ordered. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread