Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 6.7L P0299 Code

AKDoug

Reaction score
The truck got worse after they "fixed it".. now have P0299, P0401, and P2281 codes.. ughh..

AKDoug

Reaction score
All the same codes I had when my EGR valve was acting up
My thoughts as well. Two weeks before they can see my truck and I doubt they will fix it correctly. We'll see. It doesn't really affect drivability when empty, but I can't tow a trailer with it right now.

CurtJ

Reaction score
Well, I picked the truck up this afternoon after my transmission valve body recall was completed. As soon as I left the lot and came to my first stop sign, the truck feels like the torque converter isn’t unlocking at about 5 mph while coming to a complete stop. The whole truck shutters, lunges forward and trans is rattling until almost completely stopped. Anyone experience this? Just one more thing to add to the list... it’ll be going right back in first thing in the morning.
My 2019 Cummins 2500 has a terrible “grinding” noise either from the converter or the tranny when your driving it through town at a steady 30mph. Have had it to the dealer twice and they tell me they can’t recreate it‍♂️ I was told to drive it until something breaks then they will know where to look

clawdog79

Reaction score
My 2019 Cummins 2500 has a terrible “grinding” noise either from the converter or the tranny when your driving it through town at a steady 30mph. Have had it to the dealer twice and they tell me they can’t recreate it‍ I was told to drive it until something breaks then they will know where to look

That’s FCA/Ram for you. Par for the course. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDoug

Reaction score
Third trip to the dealer for the P0299 and the other codes. Now they say it's the EGR and they need to replace it. Of course it's on 100 day back order. They're letting me have the truck back so I'm going to pull the EGR and clean it once my gasket kit gets here. I'm not the least bit happy and I seriously don't believe this is the issue since my problems started immediately after they did an ECM reflash.

matthew9848

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know the feeling - new truck and no fix. P0299 is my arch nemesis for now until they come up with a solution. Hurting my “miles per gallon” and taking away $ daily.

Jimmy P

Reaction score
Hey guys. I bought my 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins about a year ago brand new and it currently has ~18,000 miles on it. In the past 3 weeks it’s been at the dealership twice for a check engine light that is giving a P0299 turbo under boost code. The truck is completely stock with zero mods. The first visit to the dealership they performed the “Emissions performance Recall” by re flashing the PCM with the update and they said this would correct the issue... 1 week later the check engine light is on again for the same code. Now I’m being told that FCA is aware of the P0299 code and are working on a new update for it. I’m also noticing that in the mornings when I first drive the truck, if I accelerate from a stop with ~5% throttle to take off there seems to be a stutter or almost like it’s not getting fuel until I step on the peddle further. Has anyone else heard of this or had the same problems? Having to continuously leave my truck at the dealership for a week at a time this often is becoming very frustrating. To add to the frustration, they are stating they have NO loaner vehicles available while I wait... any input is appreciated.
Have the exact same truck that is doing the exact same thing: PO299 CEL with no drivability issues. Started over 1,000 miles ago. Code has disappeared twice on its' own and I cleared it twice only to have it reappear within a day. Have not been into the dealer yet. Is there really a dealer re-flash to fix this? Any other solutions?

matthew9848

Reaction score
P0299 I have a 2019 Ram Big Horn started with check engine light at 22,000 ish. P0299. Same old run around. Dealer clears code. All stock OEM filter EVERYTHING (same old song abs dance) so trust me it’s not that. I bought a OBD2 and just pull over, clear the code and that is my life. RAM has no reported fix. $60K truck and no fix. There is A LOT of us out there with same problem. Money out of our pockets daily. I love Cummins but they aren’t making it any easier. I’d like all of us to get together for a class action - not for cash - just to fix our damn trucks.

Jackb60

Reaction score
Have the exact same truck that is doing the exact same thing: PO299 CEL with no drivability issues. Started over 1,000 miles ago. Code has disappeared twice on its' own and I cleared it twice only to have it reappear within a day. Have not been into the dealer yet. Is there really a dealer re-flash to fix this? Any other solutions?
After a couple of visits to the dealers and a reflash I still had the code. I’m not sure if this was it or not but I changed the air filter, cleaned the egr valve and replaced an oil soaked ccv filter and the truck has been fine since. I hate to jinx myself but it’s been about 27k miles and the truck is running fine.

Reaction score
My 2019 with 33k is having same issues. CEL, poor mileage and very slight stutter or miss at low speeds.
Brought it in to dealer for the CEL and they scanned it....showed P0299, under boost.
I'm tempted to throw parts at it and have them change the CCV and clean the EGR like someone said above.
Anyone try this with any good results?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
My 2019 with 33k is having same issues. CEL, poor mileage and very slight stutter or miss at low speeds.
Brought it in to dealer for the CEL and they scanned it....showed P0299, under boost.
I'm tempted to throw parts at it and have them change the CCV and clean the EGR like someone said above.
Do you have an aftermarket intake or even a non mopar air filter

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I changed the air filter with a fleet guard but was under the impression this was the same as the Mopar? Maybe I'm wrong?
I think the fleet gaurd is fine i know the cheaper ones are an issue though

AKDoug

Reaction score
I changed the CCV, I cleaned the EGR. The EGR is totally different than the previous 6.7's but really easy to get out, clean and inspect. No help. It then progressed to an EGR code as well. No fix from me dealer. Sold the truck back to them last month. Good luck.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
GUy on another thread said he throttle body has gone bad and was getting the same code. Sounds like it was intermittently shutting causing the low boost signal.

Reaction score
GUy on another thread said he throttle body has gone bad and was getting the same code. Sounds like it was intermittently shutting causing the low boost signal.
interesting...I guess a throttle body/valve is better than a turbo actuator or something worse.

Users who are viewing this thread