Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Ram 2500 6.7L P0299 Code

AJE2020

Reaction score
Hey guys. I bought my 2019 Ram 2500 Cummins about a year ago brand new and it currently has ~18,000 miles on it. In the past 3 weeks it’s been at the dealership twice for a check engine light that is giving a P0299 turbo under boost code. The truck is completely stock with zero mods. The first visit to the dealership they performed the “Emissions performance Recall” by re flashing the PCM with the update and they said this would correct the issue... 1 week later the check engine light is on again for the same code. Now I’m being told that FCA is aware of the P0299 code and are working on a new update for it. I’m also noticing that in the mornings when I first drive the truck, if I accelerate from a stop with ~5% throttle to take off there seems to be a stutter or almost like it’s not getting fuel until I step on the peddle further. Has anyone else heard of this or had the same problems? Having to continuously leave my truck at the dealership for a week at a time this often is becoming very frustrating. To add to the frustration, they are stating they have NO loaner vehicles available while I wait... any input is appreciated.

AJE2020

Reaction score
Anyone talking about class action lawsuit on these trucks? Many of us bought these to perform as advertised and depend on HD trucks for our lively hood. Between the emissions performance recall which de tuned the truck, trans safety recall and this turbo under boost it seems like we’ve all been mislead by FCA when we spent $70k+ on the “best performing truck in its class”...

Wileykid

Reaction score
Anyone talking about class action lawsuit on these trucks? Many of us bought these to perform as advertised and depend on HD trucks for our lively hood. Between the emissions performance recall which de tuned the truck, trans safety recall and this turbo under boost it seems like we’ve all been mislead by FCA when we spent $70k+ on the “best performing truck in its class”...

Shucks, find a new HD truck that doesn't have issues. Maybe you want the Ford "death shake", or the Chevy "shimmy", or the issues with the new 10 speed in the Chevy, or the emissions issues on all of them, or the fuel pump..etc. Lots/most people have no problems, some do (most that come to the forums to complain). As they say, buy a truck that has been out for several years since changes done to it, and you "should" be good.

My truck is supposed to tow 24K+ lbs. They just don't say it needs to be a hay trailer at that weight.

AJE2020

Reaction score
Well, I picked the truck up this afternoon after my transmission valve body recall was completed. As soon as I left the lot and came to my first stop sign, the truck feels like the torque converter isn’t unlocking at about 5 mph while coming to a complete stop. The whole truck shutters, lunges forward and trans is rattling until almost completely stopped. Anyone experience this? Just one more thing to add to the list... it’ll be going right back in first thing in the morning.

D

Deleted member 80

Never heard of it with a Mopar. I did have similar symptons with a chevy with the phony allison. They never would/could fix it. Ended up Lemon Law.

AJE2020

Reaction score
Never heard of it with a Mopar. I did have similar symptons with a chevy with the phony allison. They never would/could fix it. Ended up Lemon Law.
What did you have to do to get lemon law and how does that work for getting your money back??

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
What did you have to do to get lemon law and how does that work for getting your money back??
You'll need to look at the specific laws for the state where you live and/or the vehicle was purchased. In the U.S. the Sales Contracts often have an arbitration clause in them for disputes versus going to court and your state's lemon law will be the teeth for some action.

twmotox

Reaction score
I have a 19 2500 6.7 and went to the dealer yesterday with a p0299 and no driveability concerns and they told me it was because i am running a wix filter and need to put in an OEM dodge filter. Now come on lol.

AJE2020

Reaction score
Same here... they mentioned my “non-Mopar” filter as being the problem. If these things are that sensitive to the label on the side of the air filter then they need to fix something else!

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
myself. there's very little on these trucks that can't be diag'd & worked on by a non dealer network. I've been building cars for years, so that experience and skill does go a long way. if I were not in my position, I'd find a competent independent diesel shop for any needs that arose, and not purchase any type of extended warranty.

twmotox

Reaction score
Ive been an ASE master for over 25 years but my truck was under warranty so i stopped by to let them check the code. When he said to replace your air filter I said thank you and left. When I looked up p0299 on alldata it actually does say that it could be a problem with the air flter lol. My My these vehicles are getting sensitive

AJE2020

Reaction score
Ive been an ASE master for over 25 years but my truck was under warranty so i stopped by to let them check the code. When he said to replace your air filter I said thank you and left. When I looked up p0299 on alldata it actually does say that it could be a problem with the air flter lol. My My these vehicles are getting sensitive
I guess it’s worth trying a $30 filter with a Mopar PN... a mint condition 3rd gen 5.9L sounds nice right about now... haha

AJE2020

Reaction score
Also an update on my trans issue when coming to a stop. Tech installed a new valve body kit and it seemed to fix it. Either an out of spec plate or bad install. Got that one behind me at least. Next up to bat is drivers side window switch. Auto down and stop it half way.... try to go back up with it and it’ll stop on it’s own, turn around and roll all the way down... installed new switch with no luck. I’m convinced this truck was built on a Friday

D

Deleted member 80

Also an update on my trans issue when coming to a stop. Tech installed a new valve body kit and it seemed to fix it. Either an out of spec plate or bad install. Got that one behind me at least. Next up to bat is drivers side window switch. Auto down and stop it half way.... try to go back up with it and it’ll stop on it’s own, turn around and roll all the way down... installed new switch with no luck. I’m convinced this truck was built on a Friday
You have to retrain the window motor periodically, as they somtimes forget where top and bottom of travel is. My buddy's 1/2 ton does it all the time, and mine just started.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

You have to retrain the window motor periodically, as they somtimes forget where top and bottom of travel is. My buddy's 1/2 ton does it all the time, and mine just started.

Have you held the button and run it all the way up then down? Most vehicle's pinch sensor needs to be reset if power is removed. If the battery on my Audi runs down (it sits a lot) I have to do all 4 windows and the sunroof every time.

That said, your issue almost sounds like the pinch sensor is engaging when it shouldn't which I believe means a current sense issue.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
You have to retrain the window motor periodically, as they sometimes forget where top and bottom of travel is. My buddy's 1/2 ton does it all the time, and mine just started.

I haven't had this problem yet, How do you retrain them ? I'm guessing run windows from top to bottom several times ?

D

Deleted member 80

IIRC, you run it up and hold the switch for a count of 5, then run it down and hold the switch for a count of five.

Users who are viewing this thread