Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. O

oem wiper blades

actually, i just looked at the mopar owners page and the OEM wipers are cheaper than bosch from autozone. guess may i'll just get them from the dealer afterall
  2. O

oem wiper blades

i'll try out the bosches then i had a car i used the curved blades on, i think they were the rainX. but then when i tried them on a 1500 they didn't seem to work the same. honestly i have yet to pick a blade manufacturer and stick with them i just hate that every new car i've had the wipers...
  3. O

oem wiper blades

does anyone know who makes the wipers for fca/ram? i like the oem ones but don't want to pay markup for something that might be rainX or bosch or acdelco, etc
  4. O

Mad Max collection for sale!

im a little surprised it was only 13 vehicles or something like that.
  5. O

What's in your toolbox?

Duct tape and wd40. If it's supposed to move and isn't: wd40 If it isn't supposed to move and is: duct tape
  6. O

Trailer brake disconnected

My boat trailer had a taillight out basically the second time I took her out and I thought the bad connection was on the truck side. I refused to think there was anything wrong with the brand new trailer and its connections. Even after testing with my meter, manually putting 12v to each pin...
  7. O

Measurement standards debate

I hate metric because my 10mm socket is always missing.
  8. O

Profile pictures of your toppers on your trucks

I don't have a camera. I believe the camera vs shell topper has been discussed in another thread
  9. O

Floor mat suggestions?

OEM ones. The last gen had a single piece for the rear and now they are 2 piece, which is easier to remove.
  10. O

Anybody Have Any Issues with the new HD's yet?

I hear you. But for this truck to be the worst out of 3 other rams to me is all tire, which was my original gripe. I've never had less confidence in the snow except for my old mazdaspeed3 with summer tires
  11. O

I was not getting any of that. I had a 2012 3500 cummins and those stock tires worked wonderfully. I will admit the weather type was not good at all. Started snow, then sleet, then rain, then sleet, then snow, etc. So it was already a layer of ice. But I've been in that before, and I...
  12. O

First experience in snow with stock transforce AT's...... absolute crap. Thank the MOPAR lord I have a TJ with some aggressive tread. Left work to go home and get snow gear since it started earlier than expected. Was NOT confident in the least and i was sliding everywhere in 4wd. I guess I...
  13. O

How many miles on your hemi / 8 spd?

Just missed a fun odometer milestone. I've had the engine stall i think 3 times total when coming to a stop with the engine not fully up to temp. Never turned it in for that On a sort of driveline problem I noticed the stock tires are horrible in rain or wet pavement. Can't wait to see what...
  14. O

Age Poll

Millennials should have like 3 subsets, all revolving around cell phone technology. My first one was the "bag phone"
  15. O

Stepping up from 1500 after less than a year

What are your actual numbers when it comes to towing vs the options you're getting on the truck? The 2500 with the cummins can still make for some crappy payload numbers depending on your options. Just the engine choice is about 800lbs difference in payload I've had 2 1500s with 5.7, a 3500 srw...
  16. O

Octane requirements for the 6.4 Hemi???

Could octane recommendation have anything to do with the MDS? I'm guessing with half the cylinders activated pushing the same 7,000 lbs the risk of knock increases until it goes back to V8 mode
  17. O

Tpms suddenly said air was low in rears

Oh gotcha. Do I have to drive it first or can I just do KOEO or accessories on?
  18. O

Front suspension

I wonder if it could be surging. I have the gasser and when I come to a stop sometimes I get a kind of shake but it's fore and aft not side to side. To me it feels like the transmission is downshifting rapidly and/or there's some weird throttle action going on. I know a couple times coming to...
  19. O

Tpms suddenly said air was low in rears

Since I purchased over a year ago I've only inflated my rears to 65psi a few times when I loaded up the bed. Other than that I would keep it in the 50s or nearly the same as the fronts with no tpms warning. Suddenly last week the warning system went off because it saw the rear pressure was 50...