Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tpms suddenly said air was low in rears

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Since I purchased over a year ago I've only inflated my rears to 65psi a few times when I loaded up the bed. Other than that I would keep it in the 50s or nearly the same as the fronts with no tpms warning.

Suddenly last week the warning system went off because it saw the rear pressure was 50 (first night below freezing this season). It's never gone off before. I think there was an update a couple months ago I did through the uconnect, wonder if that's what did it. It doesn't even like the 60 I put in it just to shut that warning up. It wants to see 65 it seems

I only keep the rear tires lower for comfort. This happen to anyone else? I'm sure there's some way to change the pressure threshold but I haven't searched for that yet

jadmt

Reaction score
you have to fill up to 65psi (rear) or what ever your door sticker says to get the warning to go off and then once it is off you can drop back down. The warning comes on when you drop down 20% of the stated psi so when it hits 52psi if your door sticker says 65psi it will kick on and have to be brought all the way back up to 65 again.

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Oh gotcha. Do I have to drive it first or can I just do KOEO or accessories on?

jadmt

Reaction score
mine I can just fill tires up and start it for a minute or so.

Users who are viewing this thread