Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's in your toolbox?

lowfidelity

Reaction score
9ac476de26acc1acee1ec4be52aadb7d.jpg

Now that the truck has arrived, its time to order some gadgets and gizmos for the truck and I'm curious what tools you love and frequently use on your truck or carry in your truck?

Items of particular interest to me:
  • Tire deflator with gauge
  • Portable compressor, onboard air (anything strong enough to run air tools?)
  • Small air tank
  • Torque wrench
  • Vehicle jack / base
  • Crossover toolboxes
  • What hand tools do you carry with you?
  • Spare parts

oaklandopen

Reaction score
Duct tape and wd40.

If it's supposed to move and isn't: wd40
If it isn't supposed to move and is: duct tape

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I only seem to leave my DVOM in the truck as i only have the one between the shop/ home and work i have not much need for carrying tools on longer trips ill bring my cordless Milwaukee impact incase of tire changes thats about it

i have a ton of chain/ binders / ratchet straps/ shovel/ booster cables/ axe/ sledgehammer and tow strap aswell as all my receivers in the tool box

Last edited:

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Air compressor, tire patch kit, jack base and ARB deflator/gauge live behind my backseat, so they don't end up in the toolbox.

But in the toolbox, I keep an assortment of wrenches, sockets, collapsible torque wrench, screwdrivers, magnetic parts tray loaded with a few strategically sized bolts/nuts, a few band clamps, duct tape, head lamp, work light, flashlight, gloves, TP, first aid kit, etc...

For longer road trips, camping, etc... I load up a bit more (cordless drill, cordless impact, cordless sawzall, extra batteries/charger, the necessary bits/attachments) and survival gear.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
OEM gooseneck puck system, toolbox with tools, 1 inch and 2 inch tie down straps, cheater pipe, tow strap, electric cattle prod, hotshot secret EDT, funnel, extra hitch with pin, Trucker's Friend Multi-tool, machete, sledgehammer, jumper cables .

Last edited:

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
OEM gooseneck puck system, toolbox with tools, 1 inch and 2 inch tie down straps, cheater pipe, tow strap, electric cattle prod, hotshot secret EDT, funnel, extra hitch with pin, Trucker's Friend Multi-tool, machete, sledgehammer.
Is the ‘’prod’’ for gettin the fat chicks out off the truck at the end of the night? :p

Darkone

Reaction score
Seeing what other people carry doesn’t make me think I’m not too excessive on what I carry in the toolbox.
B&W puck gn ball
Bullet proof hitch
Spare drop hitch for farm equipment
Tow strap
1” strap assortment
Bottle jack
Bee spray -
Lubricant fluids pb blaster/zep
Jumper cables
Safety triangles
Tool box with 1/4,3/8,1/2 sockets deep and shallow
Took bag- pliers, ratchet wrenches, screw drivers, test light
Misc 12v electrical supplies- wire assortment and connectors
Small air compressor
Shovel and axe mounted inside on lid
High lift Mounted on exterior

That is what is normal is in the toolbox, but that can change depending on trips Or time of the year

louisiana_dog

Reaction score
Floor jack
Pull straps - I hate ratchet straps
Socket set
Air compressor
Tire repair kit
Cutting pliers
Tow strap and D rings
A large knife for whatever (cutting rope mostly)
The beforementioned rope - 25'
Chainsaw repair kit for the 250 and 462
Tape measure
2 pairs of gloves
A cheap cargo management bar

406Linetrash

Reaction score
Depends. Headed to tramp it's full of work tools.
Some combination of:
Tools for changing trailer tires
Ratchet straps
Hitch pins
Extra gooseneck ball that's taller
First aid kit
Suitcases
Shopping bags
Helmets

I use it to hold what I need for whatever activity we're doing. Utv riding. Taking rv camping. Family vacation. We have a full cab if we just take the truck. So I'll empty it out and use for holding whatever we need. The only constant is a 200 piece craftsman toolkit and 1st aid kit.

Users who are viewing this thread