Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Dirtbiker70X

Heated steering wheel issue

Did you replace the clock spring yourself or did you take it into the shop? My heated wheel is acting up as well and truck is out of warranty so am considering tackling the job myself.
  2. Dirtbiker70X

Heated steering wheel issue

My truck just started exhibiting this same behavior. The truck is 2 months out of warranty @RamCares can you help?
  3. Dirtbiker70X

C0020 and C2227 codes, Stability Control, ABS, Adaptive and normal CC disabled

Hi Guys, 2020 Ram 3500, H.O./Aisin - Was coming home pulling my 5th wheel on Thursday, truck dinged at me a few times and dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Info center says "Stability Control needs Service" and "ABS needs service". Pulled the codes mentioned in the title. ABS, ASC, C.C. all...
  4. Dirtbiker70X

Tailgate interchangeability

Thanks for the info!!
  5. Dirtbiker70X

Thanks for your input! I suspect the same and will post if we find otherwise.
  6. Dirtbiker70X

P026B Injection Timing Performace Code after Y78 Recall

Mine was completed the last week of November. I have not noticed excessive regens and the MIL has not been on. The truck does seem to be noisier on part throttle (alot more diesel rattle) but seems to run well and pulled the trailer fine from Missoula down to Colorado Springs last month. No...
  7. Dirtbiker70X

Hello Gang! A buddy of mine backed into a tree with his tailgate down, damn tree jumped out of nowhere, taco'd it nicely and beyond repair! He's got a 2020 2500, Delmonico red. Does anyone know if there any interchangeability between the 4th gens and the 4.5? (or perhaps a 5th gen 1500?)...
  8. Dirtbiker70X

I have not had any recurrence of the code after I cleared it.
  9. Dirtbiker70X

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Mine has dual alternators and Lane Sense both of which they had never seen on a truck. Not to mention, it took them FOUR DAYS!!!
  10. Dirtbiker70X

RamCares Cp4 service solution updates - (Y78) CP4 recall issued by FCA - 2020 Parts Available May 10

Mine was low on coolant. (I could see witness marks where they had disconnected the upper hose at the radiator. )
  11. Dirtbiker70X

Good point! I won't worry about it!
  12. Dirtbiker70X

Hello All, So, I fired up my AlfaOBD after work today and was poking around trying to figure out how to disable ANC. There was a saved P026B Injection Timing Performance code that was not there when I checked codes after I picked the truck up after having the recall done. Check engine light was...
  13. Dirtbiker70X

Let’s see your trailer organization, mods etc

I added a Morryde 5-foot slide-out tray to my basement storage, had to move the basement wall and make the insert that is raw plywood (I covered it with speaker carpet later) in the picture. Then cut the legs off of my tool cart and bolted it to the tray. Makes for a handy workstation when...
  14. Dirtbiker70X

Fifth Wheel Clearance

Yep, it's a 397. Of course, the generator exhaust and underbelly hang even lower than the frame rails, I've been meaning to get under there and give her a tummy tuck! There have been a couple of occasions where I was just cringing waiting for something to hit or drag, couldn't have been more...
  15. Dirtbiker70X

Fifth Wheel Clearance

I am running with 5 - 5 1/2 inches of bed clearance, I couldn't get more than that keeping the trailer level. I am a full-time RV'r and have not had any issues in the past 2 1/2 years. Now, my real limiting factor is really the trailer. It has a drop frame so there is not a lot of clearance...
  16. Dirtbiker70X

Got my Y78 recall done last week (2020 H.O. Aisin) along with new tires and an oil change. Pump is much quieter and the truck seems to run well, trans shifting seems to be much smoother and no longer surges in lower gears. Can't wait to see how it pulls my 21.3K 5th wheel now. However, I now...
  17. Dirtbiker70X

CP4 recall thread (merged threads) - Y78 Jan 2022 recall campaign - Parts Available May 10 for 2020 trucks only

I called the dealer in Missoula Montana yesterday to get my 2020 scheduled for the "inspection ". The SA told me parts would take 6 months to get! Are they full of it? I am a FT RV'er and will head south for the winter in November so that really doesn't work.
  18. Dirtbiker70X

Halogen to OEM LED swap

Thanks Jimmy! I'll take a look at it and adjust that right headlight!
  19. Dirtbiker70X

Halogen to OEM LED swap

No, I have not. When looking at the truck with the lights on, the right headlight is significantly brighter appearing than the left. When driving, the right headlight cutoff appears to be much higher than the left and really illuminates the trees and signs by the side of the road. I need to take...
  20. Dirtbiker70X

Halogen to OEM LED swap

LOL!! Actually, I have 3 torque wrenches that I use religiously!