Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tailgate interchangeability

Dirtbiker70X

Reaction score
Hello Gang!

A buddy of mine backed into a tree with his tailgate down, damn tree jumped out of nowhere, taco'd it nicely and beyond repair! He's got a 2020 2500, Delmonico red. Does anyone know if there any interchangeability between the 4th gens and the 4.5? (or perhaps a 5th gen 1500?)

Thanks in advance!

.genomer

Reaction score
I've been researching the same query for several weeks after being rear-ended. I'm still baffled at FCA's sad attempt at part numbers and diagrams.

From my understanding, your face lift 2019+ requires the newer tailgate. I wanted to go with a powerwagon version. Couldn't find them anywhere. Ultimately bought a paint to match ebay shell and Frankenstein'd the hardware I was able to salvage.

The 2019+ 1500 portion of your question, I have no answer for. I just avoided them because not one piece of information ever alluded to these being interchangeable.

Dirtbiker70X

Reaction score
I've been researching the same query for several weeks after being rear-ended. I'm still baffled at FCA's sad attempt at part numbers and diagrams.

From my understanding, your face lift 2019+ requires the newer tailgate. I wanted to go with a powerwagon version. Couldn't find them anywhere. Ultimately bought a paint to match ebay shell and Frankenstein'd the hardware I was able to salvage.

The 2019+ 1500 portion of your question, I have no answer for. I just avoided them because not one piece of information ever alluded to these being interchangeable.
Thanks for your input! I suspect the same and will post if we find otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread