Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halogen to OEM LED swap

Dirtbiker70X

Reaction score
Hey @Dirtbiker70X - Did you ever find out if these self adjust? Have other drivers been flashing you?
No, I have not. When looking at the truck with the lights on, the right headlight is significantly brighter appearing than the left. When driving, the right headlight cutoff appears to be much higher than the left and really illuminates the trees and signs by the side of the road. I need to take a look at the headlights to see if there are adjustment screws.

Chrisminx

Reaction score
No, I have not. When looking at the truck with the lights on, the right headlight is significantly brighter appearing than the left. When driving, the right headlight cutoff appears to be much higher than the left and really illuminates the trees and signs by the side of the road. I need to take a look at the headlights to see if there are adjustment screws.
Adjustment screw. Only up and down Adjustments.

Driver side
20211211_152229.jpg

Passenger side
20211211_152346.jpg

scramblyn

Reaction score
Part of that is the design and shape of the beam, isn't it? The left beam should be designed to not shine into oncoming traffic and the right side should fill more of the lane and the side of the road.

Ramken

Reaction score
So I did the swap to led from halogen did the changes. DRL’s only work with parking and headlights on not with lights in off position. Any help would be appreciated
I seen some setting for Europe, Canada , no DRL

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
i know this is old, but bumping for alfa settings to change, to get the sig lighting to work. on my '19, i had to use the truck bed lighting pin a5 setting. it's easy in alfa, once you figure out how to use the search function within the car config change menu.

CBC features LED low beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED high beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED front park/marker lamps present- YES

CBC Config I/O Usage front park/signature lamp left pin A7- YES

**2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Front park/signature lamp right pin A5- YES**

**Note** If you do not see this 2014 CBC setting, then use this one:
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Truck bed lighting feature- PRESENT **

CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Signature light present- YES

Kenny-D

Reaction score
I was able to swap out my normal low bean halogens to the LED with minimal effort through the wheel wells on my 21 2500 Tradesman, but I am having a &$^# of a time trying to get the high beams in. I can get the bulb into the hole no problem, but trying to line it up well enough that I can actually get the ridges in the right place to cam it into position ends up with my hand almost bleeding and me needing to start drinking at 10am. There are items in the way that are low-grade sharp that seem to be RIGHT in the way. I feel like there has to be a better way - I haven't gotten either of them in yet. Has anyone come across any tricks?

Hoosiermedic

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the projector headlights fit a big horn trim without any grille changes?

@Jimmy07 is the harness you build for the projector conversion easy to install? Wiring is not something I’m fluent in.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the projector headlights fit a big horn trim without any grille changes?

@Jimmy07 is the harness you build for the projector conversion easy to install? Wiring is not something I’m fluent in.
No need to change anything other than the light housings

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score

It’s pretty simple to install with the instructions I provide. Someone did a short description of the install, too:

Hoosiermedic

Reaction score
It’s pretty simple to install with the instructions I provide. Someone did a short description of the install, too:
Ok cool. I’m gonna track down some lights and then get with you if you’re interested in building the harness for me!

The1adman

Reaction score
Finished up the Install for my New LED Headlights. Factory Mopar N. E. Also installed Lastfit LED Turn Signal Bulbs. Everything works great with programming.View attachment 49902View attachment 49903
Looks great! Decided to do this after you commented on a question I had in another thread. You say you changed the turn signal bulbs to LastFit LED. Are the turn signal bulbs that come in them halogen?

Another question when you make the changes in AlfaObd (below) can you make all the selection changes before backing out or do you have to do one at a time and come back in to do each one? Seen videos saying only one change at a time.

CBC features LED front turn lamp present- YES

CBC features LED low beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED high beam lamps present- YES

CBC features LED front park/marker lamps present- YES

CBC Config I/O Usage front park/signature lamp left pin A7- YES

**2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Front park/signature lamp right pin A5- YES**

**Note** If you do not see this 2014 CBC setting, then use this one:
2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat. Truck bed lighting feature- PRESENT **

CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Signature light present- YES

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
The Turn signals are Halogen. Before putting everything back together around your headlights, check the Function of the signals as they are Polarity specific. Very tight to access them for flipping around. Just make all the changes at once. No need to go back and forth.

LikeABoss

Reaction score
Hello. New guy here. I have a 5500 Tradesman on order. Definitely plan to put in the mid level upgrade. Have people had problems with the simple wiring harness route? I think I’d rather do that than the alfaobd. I know they “can’t” give you warranty issues unless caused by that but also…they can if they feel like it. Thanks.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hello. New guy here. I have a 5500 Tradesman on order. Definitely plan to put in the mid level upgrade. Have people had problems with the simple wiring harness route? I think I’d rather do that than the alfaobd. I know they “can’t” give you warranty issues unless caused by that but also…they can if they feel like it. Thanks.
Well, you’re putting in headlights that don’t “belong” on the truck to begin with, so any warranty for headlight issues is out the window anyway. Then, you’d have an aftermarket harness with resistors and fuse taps that if they see those, opens the door to not covering ANY lighting issues.
At least with using AlfaOBD, you are correctly configuring the BCM the way a factory LED headlight equipped truck would be configured, and you aren’t adding any aftermarket wiring at all, you’re just plugging in different OEM headlights.

Users who are viewing this thread