Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P026B Injection Timing Performace Code after Y78 Recall

Dirtbiker70X

Reaction score
Hello All,
So, I fired up my AlfaOBD after work today and was poking around trying to figure out how to disable ANC. There was a saved P026B Injection Timing Performance code that was not there when I checked codes after I picked the truck up after having the recall done. Check engine light was not on and truck seems to be running fine. I searched the forum and did not come up with any results on this code. Has anyone else experienced this? I cleared the code and will see if it comes back.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Last edited:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If it did not throw a check engine light it was likely a soft code and it would have cleared on its own after a few restarts

tjhall23

Reaction score
I just had this code and check engine light. Have you had any other issues or resolutions with this? TIA.

flan

Reaction score
I had a code after the 2nd cold start. It went away and never came back. No drivability issues, just briefly had the cel on.

tjhall23

Reaction score
I had a code after the 2nd cold start. It went away and never came back. No drivability issues, just briefly had the cel on.
Did your CEL go off on its own, or did you have to reset it on your own or through the dealership?

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello All,
So, I fired up my AlfaOBD after work today and was poking around trying to figure out how to disable ANC. There was a saved P026B Injection Timing Performance code that was not there when I checked codes after I picked the truck up after having the recall done. Check engine light was not on and truck seems to be running fine. I searched the forum and did not come up with any results on this code. Has anyone else experienced this? I cleared the code and will see if it comes back.

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. Should this happen again, please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares

Savage99ss

Reaction score
I had this pop up on my 22 aswell as the high pressure rail. I did pop a check engine light. Star report was filed and they said dont worry about it, we need an update. Sent me on my way even w the light on. I started to regen ever 180 miles unless i was towing.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All,

When did you get your recall completed?

Dirtbiker70X

Reaction score
When did you get your recall completed?

Mine was completed the last week of November. I have not noticed excessive regens and the MIL has not been on. The truck does seem to be noisier on part throttle (alot more diesel rattle) but seems to run well and pulled the trailer fine from Missoula down to Colorado Springs last month. No change in mileage or performance.

Elkmeat

Reaction score
Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. Should this happen again, please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Ram Cares
I had my Y78 recall completed on 3/28/2023, have driven about 1900 miles since and just got the P026B code this morning as well, what’s the recommended course of action?

Last edited:

Elkmeat

Reaction score
Sorry noticed the TSB that was posted now. Has anyone had the TSB pcm reflash performed? If so did it since the issue or did you notice anything different afterwards?

Woody27

Reaction score
I have had the P026B code come up aprox 30 times. Now it is coming on every 100 miles. I take it to the dealership and they continue to tell me they don’t know what’s going on and refuse to open a star case. I have contacted mopar and they have assigned someone to the case to work with the dealership. Any suggestions?

Elkmeat

Reaction score
After I had my CP4 to CP3 Y78 recall done, I started getting this code about a month/ ~2k miles later. Brought it back and the tech and STAR determined it to be sticking injector(s). They replaced all injectors and feed tubes under warranty, and (knock on wood) everything has been good since. Picked up almost two mpg, and is also quieter when running.

I have attached the service records and diagnostics performed from when the recall was done, to when the injectors went in.

Hope this helps, let us know your outcome when you get it remedied if you remember.

Justin

Attachments

• IMG_9777.jpeg
    IMG_9777.jpeg
    740.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9778.jpeg
    IMG_9778.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9779.jpeg
    IMG_9779.jpeg
    398.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_9780.jpeg
    IMG_9780.jpeg
    339.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

PRS

Reaction score
Very interesting. Thanks for posting this. Looks like your dealer was thorough in their troubleshooting.
Seems like contamination from
1. CP4 starting to flake(dodged a bullet)
2. Assembly residuals in new CP3
3. Introduced during Installation of CP3

wilkzack

Reaction score
has anyone else had this experience with higher mileage? i had my recall done almost 3 weeks ago and today on my way home i threw this code and reached out to my technician that did the recall and he hasn't seen this problem before. I'm worried that they won't replace my injectors because i have 104k miles even though i brought it in to them for the recall and that it sounded like the cp4 was ticking. but they said they didn't see any debris. what are the odds of the injectors failing less then 3 weeks after the recall? also don't have any extended warranty so if they don't cover it ill be doing the work myself.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
has anyone else had this experience with higher mileage? i had my recall done almost 3 weeks ago and today on my way home i threw this code and reached out to my technician that did the recall and he hasn't seen this problem before. I'm worried that they won't replace my injectors because i have 104k miles even though i brought it in to them for the recall and that it sounded like the cp4 was ticking. but they said they didn't see any debris. what are the odds of the injectors failing less then 3 weeks after the recall? also don't have any extended warranty so if they don't cover it ill be doing the work myself.
Were you able to get this addressed? Feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

Elkmeat

Reaction score
I thought that in my case it was also a hell of a coincidence; that within a month of the pump being replaced this new issue began. Additionally, I was pretty surprised that new fuel filters aren’t part of the Y78 campaign… seems prudent to replace the fuel filters as part of a high pressure injection pump replacement but, what do I know ha-ha.

I feel like there’s definitely some truth and precedent for the injection timing codes popping up after the recall is completed… may be worth making a valid argument if you get push back.

Curious, you said the truck has 104k, did any of the instances of the code being thrown by chance happen before 100k? If so, then the date/time/mileage should be stored with the code, and that could be how you leverage the situation to get the issue fixed.

Unrelated to an extent: it seems these trucks and the injection timing performance codes have been a long running issue with the 6.7, kind of surprising that the parameters being measured in order to set this dtc haven’t been revisited or changed in many years in an attempt to back off the sensitivity of the system to reduce these situations. Most people generally notice nothing in regards to drivability with this code. I know I didn’t notice anything other than the annoying cel light… but I refuse to have a cel on a truck costing as much as they do, so I have an expecting for a resolution.

Hope you have good luck getting it resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread