Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. CaptainMike

4 Post Auto Lift Recommendation

I'm building a new shop and would like to incorporate a 4 post auto lift. The finished inside dimensions of the shop will be 39' W x 45' D x 18' H so there should be plenty of space. Google searching gives mixed results, and I could find no related discussion here in the forum. I'd like to know...
  2. CaptainMike

Well, It Seems I Finally Have A New Truck

I ordered a '22 Ram 3500 SRW CC Laramie HO w/HD Aisin in May of 2022 and received it November, 2022. The front driveshaft went goofy in December and the K1 failed in June, not to mention the ever present grid heater relay recall. In the space of about the last 3 weeks all 3 problems have been...
  3. CaptainMike

2022 3500 Front Driveshaft Replacement

It seems today is my (hopefully) lucky day. I went into my local dealership to check on the status of my grid heater relay and front driveline issue and in about 7 minutes the mechanic had the relay swapped out. He then checked his computer for any driveline updates and there is now a TSB...
  4. CaptainMike

Trip Meter Question

I just got home from an across the US and back again road trip with my 22 3500 Laramie and the hours on the trip meter don't make sense. Believe me, I was in the saddle for a helluva lot more time than 40 hours. Just dividing the milage by 60 mph is 122.75 hours. Can someone shed a little...
  5. CaptainMike

Cross Country Trip, So Far, So Good

I left far northern California for a cross country road trip on April 21, 2023 with the 2022 Ram 3500 HO/AISIN towing a net 12K 5th wheel. We've made it to North Carolina and so far, so good. I've put on over 2,200 miles and the OD is sitting near 8,000. My similarly equipped 2015 towed this...
  6. CaptainMike

Adding Lane Assist

There is a rather lengthy 2 year old thread on the 5th Gen forum that discusses adding the Safety Group features like adaptive cruise, collision warning, lane assist , etc after the vehicle is built/sold. In it there's mention that the lane assist feature can be added simply via AlphaOBD...
  7. CaptainMike

Front Differential Growling

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie with ~ 2000 (yes, two thousand) miles and the front differential starts growling in 4WD hi or low. Take it to the dealer, they drain it and see "a lot" of metal in the oil. They are replacing the whole differential assembly and believe it or not the parts will be here next...
  8. CaptainMike

Howdy From The Great State of Jefferson

Hello all. I've been a lurker here on the site for a bit and figured I ought to introduce myself. We live in far Northern California in an area that was being proposed as the new State of Jefferson back in the 1920's - 30's. It was actually gaining some speed and being seriously considered...
  9. CaptainMike

Disable "Key Fob Left" horn honk

Is there a way to disable the horn warning that the key fob has left while my 2022 Ram 3500 is parked and idling? I'm in and out of the truck often during my day and not only is annoying to myself and those who happen to be around, but it is absolutely unnecessary. I did search on the forum...