Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Lane Assist

CaptainMike

Reaction score
There is a rather lengthy 2 year old thread on the 5th Gen forum that discusses adding the Safety Group features like adaptive cruise, collision warning, lane assist , etc after the vehicle is built/sold. In it there's mention that the lane assist feature can be added simply via AlphaOBD, (@Jimmy07 referenced it) can someone confirm or deny this? Has anyone done this successfully and would there be any other components needed? I now see this would be very useful for driving those long stretches down an interstate. TIA.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
HD trucks are not the same as 5th gen trucks. These are not that easy as the 1/2 tons have electric rack and pinion steering and these have a old fashion steering box and the lane assist trucks have a torque overlay on the steering box. From what i gather reading threads from jimmy

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
You can’t really go by any of the instructions for lane assist on the 5th gen 1500’s.
The link below is specifically for HD Rams, and primarily discusses adding adaptive cruise, but at post 40, I detail how to add lane assist to the HD Rams. Make sure to read all the other posts leading up to post 40.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
You can’t really go by any of the instructions for lane assist on the 5th gen 1500’s.
The link below is specifically for HD Rams, and primarily discusses adding adaptive cruise, but at post 40, I detail how to add lane assist to the HD Rams. Make sure to read all the other posts leading up to post 40.
Thank you, I'll check into it. Somehow I figured it wouldn't be that easy!

Users who are viewing this thread