Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy From The Great State of Jefferson

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been a lurker here on the site for a bit and figured I ought to introduce myself. We live in far Northern California in an area that was being proposed as the new State of Jefferson back in the 1920's - 30's. It was actually gaining some speed and being seriously considered until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and the country had more important things to worry about. I'll never forgive Japan for that! Anyhoo, I was a longtime Ford owner until about 1999 when the E4OD transmission on my F250 went out twice in one year + 2 weeks and Ford refused to fix it again. I went straight to the Dodge dealer and bought a brand new Ram 2500 and have been a Ram faithful ever since. I'm now on my 4th one with the 2022 SRW 3500 Laramie that I finally received last month. I leveled it, put on some 295 Wild Peak A/T's and rear airbags. I sold my 2015 Ram 3500 to a friend for what I paid for it 8 years ago and while waiting for the new one to show up I questioned if I was doing the right thing. Well, the new truck has not disappointed and I hope it's as sturdy and trouble-free as my previous models.

Looking forward to learning more from y'all and perhaps contributing where I can. Happy Holidays, everyone.

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Welcome! Got a hell of a shake up this morning! How y'all are ok and no damages

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Hello all. I've been a lurker here on the site for a bit and figured I ought to introduce myself. We live in far Northern California in an area that was being proposed as the new State of Jefferson back in the 1920's - 30's. It was actually gaining some speed and being seriously considered until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor and the country had more important things to worry about. I'll never forgive Japan for that! Anyhoo, I was a longtime Ford owner until about 1999 when the E4OD transmission on my F250 went out twice in one year + 2 weeks and Ford refused to fix it again. I went straight to the Dodge dealer and bought a brand new Ram 2500 and have been a Ram faithful ever since. I'm now on my 4th one with the 2022 SRW 3500 Laramie that I finally received last month. I leveled it, put on some 295 Wild Peak A/T's and rear airbags. I sold my 2015 Ram 3500 to a friend for what I paid for it 8 years ago and while waiting for the new one to show up I questioned if I was doing the right thing. Well, the new truck has not disappointed and I hope it's as sturdy and trouble-free as my previous models.

Looking forward to learning more from y'all and perhaps contributing where I can. Happy Holidays, everyone.
welcome aboard!!!
Post up some pics when you get a chance.:)

OldJeepsNewTrucks

Reaction score
Yeah, that was quite a jolt! Just a slow roll here, no damage that I'm aware of. And WTH, you still don't have your Longhorn? I ordered in May and got it in November, heckuva wait, but not like yours.
Holy crap, glad you pointed that out. I'm always on mobile so I don't see my signature, totally forgot to update. I was actually very fortunate and received July 6th. Loving it ever since.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Welcome - best of luck with that Jefferson thing...
Yeah, just a dream of self rule and self-determination at this point. I looked up your boat and she had quite a career, especially as a fast attack during the cold war. Pretty heady times for a submariner. I have an old friend who was Boomer in the 60's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread