Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable "Key Fob Left" horn honk

CaptainMike

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the horn warning that the key fob has left while my 2022 Ram 3500 is parked and idling? I'm in and out of the truck often during my day and not only is annoying to myself and those who happen to be around, but it is absolutely unnecessary. I did search on the forum, looked through the manual, and scrolled through the trucks settings without seeing any mention of it. Now, that doesn't mean it's not in one or more of those resources, but I simply can't find any reference to it. I did talk to my dealership service manager, but he didn't know offhand and their computers were down when we spoke. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

jsalbre

Reaction score
If you have the VSIM there's a wiring hack someone worked out a couple months ago that you can do. It requires basically rewiring the horns and adding some relays. Unfortunately there's no simple solution.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
If you have the VSIM there's a wiring hack someone worked out a couple months ago that you can do. It requires basically rewiring the horns and adding some relays. Unfortunately there's no simple solution.
Thanks for the quick response, Jeremy! I'm new to the forum(s) and an old coot so I'm not up to speed on the acronyms and lingo, what's VSIM?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, Jeremy! I'm new to the forum(s) and an old coot so I'm not up to speed on the acronyms and lingo, what's VSIM?
It stands for Vehicle System Interface Module. Usually unless you have a chassis cab you won't have the VSIM if you didn't intentionally order it, though it's relatively easy to add to 2021+ trucks. I think it's about $300?

Here's the thread about the 3 honk disable.

Users who are viewing this thread