Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search results

1. Nick

Kill Switches

Just finished reading about another federal mandate that will impact anyone that buys a 2026 or later vehicle . Basically a kill switch will sense whether the driver is impaired and disable the vehicle . A Kentucky congressman tried to kill the mandate but as usual the opposers that did not read...
  2. Nick

Warranty

How long are the emission systems covered under warranty ?
  3. Nick

Light Bar

Since my aging eyes need a little help on dark unmarked roads my son who is a smart guy and a good fabricator installed a 20 inch light bar for me . As you can see he removed the grill and fabricated bar which he mounted to the bumper bolts . No holes in the bumper . Very secure no vibration...
  4. Nick

Cross Country

Just finished an 8 week trip . Towed my 15 k 5th wheel over 7k miles and a total of 8,700 . The only glitch was the Cruise stopped 2 times flashing that it had been disabled . When I stopped and restarted it went away and worked fine .Over the Rockies , thru Desserts climbing 9 mile 6 %in 100...
  5. Nick

Ford Dually loses complete rear end

Not sure on where to post this but I saw it on the 5 on Fox . Very late model Ford dually takes a turn on a city street hammers it around the turn and the next thing you know his whole rear drive train is out and the bed slams to the ground . Maybe someone on this site can find the link ...
  6. Nick

Pedal Monster

Have any of you that have installed the Pedal Monster had problems and what level do you set when towing .
  7. Nick

Asin TransmissionOil

I know this has been covered but I can't find the Mobil brand of tranny oil for the Aisin and amount needed for a non filter change . Thanks in advance.
  8. Nick

Cummins Agnostic Engine Platforms

Cummins announced a whole new engine series . The 6.7 will be a choice of either Diesel , Gas , LNG and looking at hydrogen powered in the future . the only difference will be from the head gasket up. The gas version will be out in 2024. Inline 6 . They will also be building 15 liter engines on...
  9. Nick

CP 4 Letter

Got my CP 4 fix letter from FICA a couple of days ago . Basically aware of the problem and will let you know when we have a fix available . In the meantime just keep driving and hope it doesn't go to hell on you ! The last sentence are my thoughts .
  10. Nick

Simple Tire

Check out Simple Tire on line . I have bought trailer tires from them with good results . Free shipping and good prices . The also sell LT and tires for about anything you have . They will also ship to a list of dealers in your area and will install the tires . Install prices will be posted on...
  11. Nick

GPS

My GPS cannot find anything . When searching it always say off line and then it fails in the search Any clues on how to remedy this ?
  12. Nick

2020 HD 3500 Laramie Longhorn 1st year anniversary

I hope I don't jinx myself with this declaration . After a year of driving and towing my 14 k 5 th wheel as Far East as N Dakota and back to California ,outside of a re gen issue that was fixed quickly by my dealer the truck has performed flawlessly . Everything worked from day 1 and is still...
  13. Nick

Changing Fuel Filters

I thought changing the filters on my 14 was a PIA . My 20 exceeded that by at least 2 times ! Put the tranny dip stick right in the way , make access to it just about impossible. Then to make matters worse the go to a cartridge from a spin on in th rear right over the drive shaft which makes...
  14. Nick

Fuel Tank and a check engine light

Picked up my truck today . They finally fixed the bumper step . Service writer gave me an FYI I wanted to pass on . He told me if you run around with 7 gal or less of fuel for an extended period ( whatever that means) your check engine light will come on . I asked him why ? He said they don't...
  15. Nick

Bumper step

I called my dealer about the step recall . He said he called customer care and they told him they had a fix for the 2500 but not the 3500 (which l have) . I said that’s strange since they use the same step thru the whole model range . He said that’s why they told me . Makes no sense. Anyone get...
  16. Nick

Dash Cam

Thinking about getting one I tow and people have a way of jumping in front of you . Thought that if somthing bad happened a picture is worth a thousand words.Wanted to see if anyone has one and do they like it . Many to choose from with models that provide 360 security .
  17. Nick

Titan tank

Titan tank . Pretty easy self install . Much cheaper then the Transfer Flow in my 14 . Just not as sophisticated as the transfer flow with auto pumping . Now l have to push a button . Exhausting ! :)
  18. Nick

Another TPMS question

Once you get all the parts needed and installed can you not take it to your dealer to update it into your screen ? Asking for a friend :p:p
  19. Nick

TPMS

Went to the Ram build site . Under safety and security they list the TPMS . Would have been nice if they had updated their site sooner as I and others thought it was included in one of the other packages , only to find when the truck arrived it was not included . To make matters worse you can't...
  20. Nick

Apple car play

Can you put apple car play on the 12 “ screen