Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumper step

Nick

Reaction score
I called my dealer about the step recall .
He said he called customer care and they told him they had a fix for the 2500 but not the 3500 (which l have) . I said that’s strange since they use the same step thru the whole model range . He said that’s why they told me . Makes no sense. Anyone get the step mod on their 3500 yet ?

RTillery

Reaction score
I had my 3500 in and had the new step installed last week. There are a couple of threads on this. Here's one:

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I called my dealer about the step recall .
He said he called customer care and they told him they had a fix for the 2500 but not the 3500 (which l have) . I said that’s strange since they use the same step thru the whole model range . He said that’s why they told me . Makes no sense. Anyone get the step mod on their 3500 yet ?

Hi Nick, the recall's owner letter is set to mail tomorrow so you should be able to get the step added back on soon.

Kaitlin
Ram Cares

stepbill

Reaction score
I went to my dealer yesterday and he said that he can order it and would be here within the week but now I am trying to decide between that or the ladder that folks are installing on their tailgate.

kobra

Reaction score
I really like the bedstep but have not tried the ladder. To me, that looks heavier and more complicated, but maybe others who have used them might know more...

B

Users who are viewing this thread