Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing Fuel Filters

Nick

Reaction score
I thought changing the filters on my 14 was a PIA . My 20 exceeded that by at least 2 times ! Put the tranny dip stick right in the way , make access to it just about impossible. Then to make matters worse the go to a cartridge from a spin on in th rear right over the drive shaft which makes draining it a real challenge . I guess 2 " to the left would be a major engineering impossibility . There is no reason these problems exist . Plumbing should be routed in a way so you access and change these filters in a timely manner . All Cummins 15 liter engines have spin on filters I can't imagine there filtration needs are any less . Changing them is also a quick operation . Done Venting .:mad::mad:

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I thought changing the filters on my 14 was a PIA . My 20 exceeded that by at least 2 times ! Put the tranny dip stick right in the way , make access to it just about impossible. Then to make matters worse the go to a cartridge from a spin on in th rear right over the drive shaft which makes draining it a real challenge . I guess 2 " to the left would be a major engineering impossibility . There is no reason these problems exist . Plumbing should be routed in a way so you access and change these filters in a timely manner . All Cummins 15 liter engines have spin on filters I can't imagine there filtration needs are any less . Changing them is also a quick operation . Done Venting .:mad::mad:
One of the big reasons ill be doing the cat filter swap on my 19

D

Deleted member 80

Yeah, not their most well thought-out design, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread