Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by mkmsr

1. mkmsr

5th wheel weight

150 series, or any 1/2 ton towable/Light Series uses lighter weight materials and thinner walls in order to save weight. You may want to look at a Reflection travel trailer to see if they have a floor plan you like. Having a fifth wheel is more pleasurable to tow than a travel trailer and a...
  2. mkmsr

5th wheel weight

Look at the Curt Crosswing hitch. It will give you an additional 7" of cab clearance and weights 70 lbs. With a 3/4 ton truck you will need to save as much payload as possible so I would avoid the slider. I pull a 35' GD Reflection with no cab clearance issues. Sent from my Pixel 6a using...
  3. mkmsr

Transmission over heating issues

My 6.4 towing 12k through the mountains of WV has never seen anything over 185° during the summer. Regular driving it never goes over 168° Is the fan kicking in? Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  4. mkmsr

Bouncing

I say good on ya, that's what trucks are made for. Not to be shiny and pristine! Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  5. mkmsr

Lower rear of 2500

Don't make any changes until you have the 5th wheel and confirmed you have a problem. Also you don't need 7+ inches of bed clearance, I'm running at 5 3/4" and have never had an issue. Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  6. mkmsr

Radar renegade at5 on my drw

I had a set of the Radar R7 MTs on my previous truck. They developed hairline cracks all around the sidewalks at about 3 years/10k miles. It wouldn't have been an issue to me if not for the fact that I tow a trailer. Replaced them with Toyo AT3s. I would keep an eye on them for sure. Sent from...
  7. mkmsr

TransferFlow Replacement Tank for Hemi

Agreed. I would love a larger tank but I do not think I'm going to drop a few grand to avoid filling up as often. Even towing a fifth wheel I can go 3 hrs and that's as long as I want to sit without a stop. I can spend that money on more productive items. Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
  8. mkmsr

Deciding between gas and diesel

If you don't need the diesel I would take into account the amount of recalls and the down time some folks are experienced with the diesels. The emissions standards have been an issue that the manufactures haven't figured out yet IMO. I personally don't worry about mpg's, the cost of my truck...
  9. mkmsr

Windshield replacement recommendations wanted.

Dealership most likely doesn't install windshields, I've never seen one who does. They will schedule you, take your money and have a local windshield facility perform the work on site. Even if your local dealer does it would be my choice to have someone who installs windshields all day everyday...
  10. mkmsr

insurance in california

If you are going to be stuck with high registration fees and commercial insurance the question I would have is do you need or even want a dually? If not it might be best to just sell it. Even if you lose money because it won't take long for the reg and insurance to cost you that amount or even...
  11. mkmsr

insurance in california

Reason #624 not to live in California!
  12. mkmsr

New guy

Welcome to the forum.
  13. mkmsr

Mobile app broken

Tapatalk is working for me with other forums but not with HDRams.
  14. mkmsr

Key Left Vehicle Feature (Three Horn Chirp)

Big Horn doesn't have it (as of 22) unless you bought the tech package with all the cameras and 12" screen. Passive entry is the one item I wish I had but wasn't worth $4k for a bunch of other items I didn't want. I've got into the habit of just leaving the door open when I get out with the...