Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by jb2

1. J

Side Bed Access Influence on Tonneau Choice (Retrax vs. Bakflip)

Unlike many folks discussing the merits & tradeoffs of their tonneau choice, side bed access is just as important as tailgate access for my purposes. Specifically, side bed access near the cab side of the bed. For a litany of other reasons I'll spare you from reading.... I'm choosing between the...
  2. J

Mud Flaps

Anyone gone with the molded OEM mudflaps yet? Due to product image inconsistencies in their listings (e.g. interchangeable re-use of the rubber flaps in the molded flaps listings), I'm struggling to effectively differentiate between them. Ultimately, I'm looking to get front & rears for the...
  3. J

Mud Flaps with fender flares

Thank you for sharing pics.... I've been looking forward to seeing more examples from folks with the wheel-to-wheel sidesteps. The clearance on the front ones looks good. Been worried about that aspect for the molded flap options.
  4. J

Mud Flaps

Molded OEM flaps or the rubber ones?
  5. J

Mud Flaps - Do you have 'em? Have you used 'em? What do you recommend?

Anyone have experience with the mopar molded guards yet? https://store.mopar.com/accessories/2020-ram-2500_hd-exterior_accessories-deluxe_molded_splash_guards/front_molded_splash_guard_for_vehicles_with_with_production_fender_flares_82215923AB.html
  6. J

A/C Issues? Anyone else

The RAM AC issues began with 5th Gen 1500's and 4.5 Gen HD's. Your example is why so many are frustrated.... RAM took a perfectly capable system and made it worse. Much has been written about it, but the short version of the story appears to be an over-reliance on a blend door to isolate the...
  7. J

A/C Issues? Anyone else

Fascinating to see this. I stopped keeping up with 5thGenRams sister site, but I imagine this helps the 1500's too? If so, that group will be over the moon.
  8. J

Options you’re glad you got and ones you wish you did

1) wheel to wheel side steps (vs. non-wheel to wheel) was a choice I remain quite happy to have made 2) rambox: was never a doubt I was getting them. Still happy I did. 3) Surround View Cams that came with Tow Tech Pkg: also was never in doubt... so dang happy to have them
  9. J

Hitch Step/Bumper Guard: 2.5" receiver or use the 2" reducer?

Update for this bumper guard/hitch steps thread in case anyone looks into this down the road for their trucks. I do not have positive news to report unfortunately. I ended up purchasing the Juegoal Hitch Step off of Amazon. That choice was made after taking the truck's factory backup sensors...
  10. J

HD Diamondback Bed Cover for Rambox

dang Jugular... impressive retaining wall work in your front & side yards. Respect.
  11. J

Small detail I overlooked until today related to hitch step choice: If your truck has the Ram factory parking sensors, they are directly in line with the hitch receiver & easily activated. The sensor sensitivity seemed to vary from truck to truck back when I was test driving them. It might be a...
  12. J

I didn't think about the hitch pin. Certainly would have overlooked that. hah thx
  13. J

I don't tow with this truck, so was looking to put in a hitch step/bumper guard in mostly for the protective aspect... but also for an auxiliary bed step (*truck has the driver-side corner bed step). To be specific, I haven't found a single 2.5" option I like yet. Would love to hear your...
  14. J

2020 rebates

I struggled quite a bit on the timing decision for my 2500 purchase... in part due to when to roll the dice on placing the order relative to expected delivery timeframe & historical norms of meaningful FCA rebates/incentives. The reality I came to accept was that significant incentives (at least...
  15. J

2020 ordering?

Truck was delivered to the dealership & picked up by me on Feb 17.... so just a touch over 1.5 months cover to cover. Other than some curiously high tire pressures (84-88psi), things looked & felt in order. Been traveling since that day... so no real mileage since driving it home.