Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you upgrade to uconnect 5?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Screen is part number P68526611AB and radio is P68507350AB for a 19' 2500 Diesel. The UC5 is in it now. I just wanted to put the UC4 in to double check that the cameras were still actually working.
I’d have to say at this point there’s an issue with the radio module itself.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy! That was the conclusion I was coming to as well. I will replace it and let you know if that ends up being the issue.
I have a Modded 2021 (but it was the UC4 12” to UC5 12”). I put in the software Jimmy linked, and upon restart, the cameras weren’t there in thescreens, but they showed up on the second restart after the factory reset.

wbama387

Reaction score
Issue has been resolved. It turned out to be a bad radio module that only caused cameras not to function. Thank you Jimmy and rfullen for the support.

Alaskaflyer

Reaction score
I just installed my UConnect 5 in my 2020. Everything works except the cameras. I still need to upgrade the CVPM Module. I bought the Uconnect from Infotainment and on their website it gives this part number for the Module (Part No.: 56029967AF). Anyone else use this part number CVPM?

rfullen280

Reaction score
I just installed my UConnect 5 in my 2020. Everything works except the cameras. I still need to upgrade the CVPM Module. I bought the Uconnect from Infotainment and on their website it gives this part number for the Module (Part No.: 56029967AF). Anyone else use this part number CVPM?
DO NOT buy that module for a HD Ram. That is for 2023-24. Buy this one - 56029965ac (and maybe that one from Info would work, but this one is what I used, and I know for sure it DOES work).

After you get it installed, you have to program the BCM to believe it's a 2022... couple quick steps in ALFA (Connect to BCM, Car Configuration Change, Model Year) or it will not communicate correctly w/ the CVPM.

Also - I may be 50% wrong (but the 2nd part number is in my truck and working)... Jimmy07 can tell me I'm wrong about it all day, and I'm totally okay w/ that, as he's a wizard.

rfullen280

Reaction score
View attachment 71148
Just found this on their website.
Yep, that's the part number for the 23-24 Rams. I ordered one for the 22. Can't remember why.. but that's what I did.

They also sent me the screen for the 1500's TWICE, (which loses functionality for ESC if put into a HD) so I sent them back, and bought the screen elsewhere. So really the only thing I got from them was the Radio Module, and a couple cables.

TCandee

Reaction score
Yep, that's the part number for the 23-24 Rams. I ordered one for the 22. Can't remember why.. but that's what I did.

They also sent me the screen for the 1500's TWICE, (which loses functionality for ESC if put into a HD) so I sent them back, and bought the screen elsewhere. So really the only thing I got from them was the Radio Module, and a couple cables.
I had the same issues with the infotainment upgrade. They sent me the wrong screen without the esc off/on. They sent me the correct one and everything works except SV. I bought the cvpm they suggested and I could not get it to calibrate. It is currently at the dealer to see if they can get it calibrated and it has been there for 3 days now. I think the cvpm part # on that infotainment website won’t work. At least on my 2021 that originally had the 12” screen and surroundview. Going to try the cvpm part # 56029965ac and try to calibrate it myself. Frustrating that infotainment can’t get simple things right. I gave a detailed description of my truck and buttons needed when I ordered it. Worst part was that I waited a month and a half for them to send me the wrong screen (back ordered) when they had the correct one in stock the whole time.

They also sent me a video of how to calibrate it using AlphaOBD. It had most of the steps that Jimmy had except it added a step of “manual connect” and sending a code “8502”. I could not find this area in AphaOBD so I called them. This is when they told me they have not been able to program the SV cameras in the HD rams. This, after telling me they could, before the sale. Frustrating!! Hopefully another $400 for a cvpm will fix it.

rfullen280

Reaction score
I have surround view working fine in my truck. They did not have the right part number for this CVP on their website website. If you look through some of these threads calibrating, your cameras is a one camera at a time process that you also have to clear the error codes, each time disconnect and reconnect. There is no calibration For the center high mounted stoplight camera so don't even attempt that one. Flat road with no visible stripes and things that the CVP can see. Do the side cameras first then do the front then do the rear. You also have to use Alpha OBD to your body control module is at least a 2022. If you do do this, the system will not work together.

TCandee

Reaction score
Thank you. I will give it a shot. Not sure where I am going to find a road with no stripes but I will look around. Did you mean “no visible strips”? I had heard in other threads that it needs some visuals. Just checking.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Thank you. I will give it a shot. Not sure where I am going to find a road with no stripes but I will look around. Did you mean “no visible strips”? I had heard in other threads that it needs some visuals. Just checking.
Sorry that is text to speech. You want lots of visible things. Stripes lines, trees, etc.

So make sure you go into Alpha OBD, connect to your body control, module, change its model year to be at least 2022. Then disconnect from the body control module and connect to the cVPM. On the status page for it, read the codes, clear the codes, then just go to the screen for camera calibration start rolling at about 5 mph and then start the calibration. After that is done disconnect in the software, reconnect, codes, clear codes, and then do the next camera rinse repeat. I don't know why that works, but it does

TCandee

Reaction score
Awesome thank you. Just talked to the dealer and they have all the cameras calibrated except the front. I have a large bull bar on the front that blocks portions of the front camera view. They are going to pull it and try again. Hopefully this will fix all issues. If not I guess I’ll have to do it myself.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Awesome thank you. Just talked to the dealer and they have all the cameras calibrated except the front. I have a large bull bar on the front that blocks portions of the front camera view. They are going to pull it and try again. Hopefully this will fix all issues. If not I guess I’ll have to do it myself.
That would definitely cause you problems. I suspect what the visual processor is looking for is for change in the visual field, and not seeing change when it knows the dimensions of the field causes it to error out.

TCandee

Reaction score
That would definitely cause you problems. I suspect what the visual processor is looking for is for change in the visual field, and not seeing change when it knows the dimensions of the field causes it to error out.
Hopefully all will be resolved today. I will let you know. Thanks for your help.

TCandee

Reaction score
Hopefully all will be resolved today. I will let you know. Thanks for your help.
The dealer was able to calibrate the SV cameras after pulling the the front bumper even with the wrong CVPM that infotainment told me to get. The front camera was the most difficult but I think most people have had this issue even with the correct CVPM. $800 for the calibration but most of that was in labor to remove and replace the bumper. Would have only been around $200 otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread