Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you upgrade to uconnect 5?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Build Number: FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD Is there any chance that because I have a screen with the lane assist button and my UC4 did not be causing the surround button not to show? I plan on adding the lane assist components but have not done it yet. Also, do you know what that purplish/red connector was for on the UC4? Was wondering if it was WiFi antenna as I found out the green one is Bluetooth antenna. Thanks.
Buttons on top of the screen don’t matter. The extra connectors are WiFi/Bluetooth and cellular, and you don’t need those.
Have you done a factory reset?

wbama387

Reaction score
Buttons on top of the screen don’t matter. The extra connectors are WiFi/Bluetooth and cellular, and you don’t need those.
Have you done a factory reset?
I have tried a reset along with setting it to a model year 2022 as well as 2023. I am able to connect to the cvpm so I know it is on the CAN Bus.

rfullen280

Reaction score
I have tried a reset along with setting it to a model year 2022 as well as 2023. I am able to connect to the cvpm so I know it is on the CAN Bus.
I'm gonna attach some screenshots of settings/etc that need to be done, as well as a pic of the back of your radio (I think you've already got it, but never hurts to have).Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 4.25.12 PM.jpgIMG_2492.jpgThe list is the options you must make sure exist in your BCM using ALFA... Don't have my PC in front of me, but pretty sure it's under Car Config Change...or something likethat. then search for and make sure each is set right.

wbama387

Reaction score
I'm gonna attach some screenshots of settings/etc that need to be done, as well as a pic of the back of your radio (I think you've already got it, but never hurts to have).View attachment 69811View attachment 69812The list is the options you must make sure exist in your BCM using ALFA... Don't have my PC in front of me, but pretty sure it's under Car Config Change...or something likethat. then search for and make sure each is set right.
Thanks. I double checked and all my settings match these. Do you know what the settings would be if I only had a rear camera? I would like to test this to bypass the surround stuff.

rfullen280

Reaction score
Thanks. I double checked and all my settings match these. Do you know what the settings would be if I only had a rear camera? I would like to test this to bypass the surround stuff.
No idea because my truck is a 2021 and it already had the surround camera and center high mounted stoplight

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Can you post pics of all your camera screens under “vehicle” in the radio.
Also, can you connect to the bcm and do a fresh system ID read, let the list fully populate, and send me your Body_chrysler_info log.

wbama387

Reaction score
Can you post pics of all your camera screens under “vehicle” in the radio.
Also, can you connect to the bcm and do a fresh system ID read, let the list fully populate, and send me your Body_chrysler_info log.
Thanks Jimmy for taking a look at this. On the radio when I go to vehicle there is no camera screen which is one of the problems. How can I get you the body info since it is too long to post and it doesn't look like I can attach a txt or word file?

Attachments

• IMG_8874.jpeg
    IMG_8874.jpeg
    695.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Thanks Jimmy for taking a look at this. On the radio when I go to vehicle there is no camera screen which is one of the problems. How can I get you the body info since it is too long to post and it doesn't look like I can attach a txt or word file?
Upload the log to google drive and link it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Build Number: FCA-MY23.T25.48-PROD
I think I found the issue. Set VehConfig 1: Model Year to 2023.
Do a factory reset in the radio settings.
Reboot the radio twice in a row by pressing and holding the power button on the volume knob for about 15 seconds.

wbama387

Reaction score
I think I found the issue. Set VehConfig 1: Model Year to 2023.
Do a factory reset in the radio settings.
Reboot the radio twice in a row by pressing and holding the power button on the volume knob for about 15 seconds.
No luck. Is there any chance this is a radio module hardware issue?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Camera button is still not showing on the radio with this new software.
Hmmm…
If you go into apps > all > scroll to vehicle, are there any of the camera icons in there?
IMG_0435.jpeg

wbama387

Reaction score
Super curious - what part number is on your CVPM module?
56029965AC which I bought brand new from the dealer and the original one with the UC4 was 04672644AI. I plugged all the UC4 stuff back in the other day and all cameras worked.

rfullen280

Reaction score
56029965AC which I bought brand new from the dealer and the original one with the UC4 was 04672644AI. I plugged all the UC4 stuff back in the other day and all cameras worked.
56029965ac - yep, that's the part number I put in mine - what's the part numbers on your "Radio" and "screen"? Is the UC4 stuff still plugged in, or are you back to the UC5?

wbama387

Reaction score
56029965ac - yep, that's the part number I put in mine - what's the part numbers on your "Radio" and "screen"? Is the UC4 stuff still plugged in, or are you back to the UC5?
Screen is part number P68526611AB and radio is P68507350AB for a 19' 2500 Diesel. The UC5 is in it now. I just wanted to put the UC4 in to double check that the cameras were still actually working.

Users who are viewing this thread