Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
I posted on other thread but wanted to hit here too. I installed an after market muffler, Magnaflow 19493 direct fit. YouTube video link below. The last part there’s video that demonstrates the sound difference of before and after. I don’t know what I’m doing with YouTube but it turned out ok.

What kind of change did you see in the cab? It sounds awesome outside in the video, but I'm getting old I guess and I like my quiet cab in the daily driver! LOL

Kimo7

HDRams' Official Greeter
Reaction score
I’m happy to be getting older too but I still love the sound of a V8 rumble. I went with the Magnaflow because it isn‘t overwhelming like the Flowmaster. I’ve had Flowmasters in the past and they were a bit much after a short period. I knew a soon as I started the truck after having them installed they were too loud.

The interior cab noise is a little more elevated but barely. It’s just an overall better quality sound and experience. If you put the hammer down it really sounds off but so far, under normal daily driving conditions it’s been very pleasant. Just enough sound out of it to make me happy happy happy. I kept the OEM muffler just in case but I’m already convinced I made a good decision with my selection.

Tsys100718

Reaction score
Well, not exactly TODAY, but over the last couple of weeks or so!

1) Bought new Ram 3500 Tradesman CC, DRW with HO diesel.
2) Installed DeeZee auxiliary fuel tank and plumbed it to the filler neck with a normally closed solenoid and Holley 140 GPH fuel pump and wired those to a switch in the cab.
3) Installed both my old narrow crossbed toolbox in front of my aux tank and a fifth wheel toolbox back by the tailgate.
4) Installed Bug Deflector on hood.
5) Installed Vent Visors on all four doors.
6) Installed Demco fifth wheel adapter plate for the puck system and installed my Reese 20k fifth wheel hitch.
7) Installed 'spinner' knob on steering wheel.
8) Installed aftermarket nav system with lifetime map updates on dash.

Tsys100718

Reaction score
I put a nice little dent in the top of my tailgate by backing into a tree after unhooking my 5th wheel. Back up sensors off and camera pointed in the wrong direction. Genius!:p

In my case it was my wife driving out from under the fifth wheel with the tailgate still UP! That's the reason I had to put a fifth wheel tailgate on my old RAM 1500!

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
I installed the Husky X-act contour center Hump floor mat last night and found out why I had no heat to the rear of the front jump seat. The carpet was folded over into the ducting during assembly and blocking the airflow! Here's a pic of the hump mat. Material is a lot glossier than I had expected. I was hoping for a better match to the factory mats, but for the price I wont complain. It was $22 as an Amazon Warehouse return. I removed the little floor tray, cut some slits in the mat and bolted the tray back down through the mat.

Attachments

• 0623201712.jpg
    0623201712.jpg
    539.5 KB · Views: 214

JinwA

Reaction score
So if I‘m gettin what you’re saying...you’re not a fan of K&N. I’m betting you won‘t like my choice of oil either...what’s your thoughts on SuperTech ... Just sayin.. I’ve got a few miles on my tires too and understand where you’re coming from. It’s a gas engine, not a diesel but filtration is relative in both. If I had the nerve I’d cut a hole in the hood and poke a shaker through it, no external air cans for me!!
Been off awhile but this is the deal. Basic Physics. Okay like I said before you don’t get something for nothing. It’s all a trade off. Basic system, basic life. When you decide to “ improve your intake system by increasing flow through less filter”. you ingest more dirt. More dirt, more wear. Let’s screw with your mixture through rescheduling fuel flow, you just changed your heat dynamics leading to premature failure of usually your valves and pistons. Just quit buying into the hype that costs you more money. It is what it is and it’s pretty damn good the way it is. In the day I would have said you could do my sister if you could build a stock 392 cu in that produced 410 HP. What do you want? If it doesn’t do it for you ,buy a bigger engine. Your call.
As far as oil goes. I have a 150K 7 year bumper to bumper warranty. I use Pennzoil Ultra 0-40w because it’s cheaper than an attorney.

Last edited:

20Limited3500

Reaction score
Well, not exactly TODAY, but over the last couple of weeks or so!

1) Bought new Ram 3500 Tradesman CC, DRW with HO diesel.
2) Installed DeeZee auxiliary fuel tank and plumbed it to the filler neck with a normally closed solenoid and Holley 140 GPH fuel pump and wired those to a switch in the cab.
3) Installed both my old narrow crossbed toolbox in front of my aux tank and a fifth wheel toolbox back by the tailgate.
4) Installed Bug Deflector on hood.
5) Installed Vent Visors on all four doors.
6) Installed Demco fifth wheel adapter plate for the puck system and installed my Reese 20k fifth wheel hitch.
7) Installed 'spinner' knob on steering wheel.
8) Installed aftermarket nav system with lifetime map updates on dash.

What bug deflector did you go with and do you have a pic of it installed? I am looking at them for my 2020 Limited. My truck is white and the only options I can find are all tinted. My 2016 Limited I had before I did the Mopar chrome bug deflector on it.

Warweasel

Reaction score
What bug deflector did you go with and do you have a pic of it installed? I am looking at them for my 2020 Limited. My truck is white and the only options I can find are all tinted. My 2016 Limited I had before I did the Mopar chrome bug deflector on it.
If you go find my earlier post, I have the part number for the chrome MOPAR bug deflector. Finding it is the harder part though. My dealer told me that they can't get it until January (?!)

Squatch

Reaction score
I never liked the gold wheels on a Subaru, but I’ve seen this set on a couple of rams and it makes me wish I had gone for them.

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Messed around with GRONK!

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Cleaned it up
cb87e9a24f34944415dabc7fe2336101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TogaLock77

Reaction score
What specs/brands on tires & wheels? Looks GREAT
It’s all in my signature.

On another note I’m quite disappointed in the shop that mounted and balanced the tires and alignment. Alignment is off as the truck pulls left. I can’t let go of the steering wheel without ending up in the left lane. At highway speeds, above 60, my truck turns into a paint mixer. I called them as soon as they opened yesterday and they can’t get it in until Tue. I used this place because they work with TireRack. The day I dropped it off it took six hours to complete the work and they were rushing it out the door due to closing. I’m thinking it might be best to take the truck to a different shop.

johanh13

Reaction score
It’s all in my signature.

On another note I’m quite disappointed in the shop that mounted and balanced the tires and alignment. Alignment is off as the truck pulls left. I can’t let go of the steering wheel without ending up in the left lane. At highway speeds, above 60, my truck turns into a paint mixer. I called them as soon as they opened yesterday and they can’t get it in until Tue. I used this place because they work with TireRack. The day I dropped it off it took six hours to complete the work and they were rushing it out the door due to closing. I’m thinking it might be best to take the truck to a different shop.
Sorry to hear about your disappointments, hopefully that can all be resolved! Now that you mention it, I see the specs, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread