Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Lonestar

Reaction score
What do you think of the crossbin? I've been thinking about ordering one to go with my Diamondback.
So far I really like it. Went back and forth on the 8 and 13 and finally decided on the 13. It’s bigger than what it looked like in the pics but I am glad it is. And it fits pretty snug.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
So far I really like it. Went back and forth on the 8 and 13 and finally decided on the 13. It’s bigger than what it looked like in the pics but I am glad it is. And it fits pretty snug.

I have the 8 and often wish I had the 13 or the 4. It just doesn't give you enough space to put many things under it. I've got some ideas of how to make that space more useful, but it's low on my list of things I want to tackle at the moment. I will say if you spend any amount of time on rough terrain you'll want to eventually zip it in with self taping screws like they suggest. You'll notice it start to deform or at-least I did, once I zipped it in zero problems.

Lonestar

Reaction score
I have the 8 and often wish I had the 13 or the 4. It just doesn't give you enough space to put many things under it. I've got some ideas of how to make that space more useful, but it's low on my list of things I want to tackle at the moment. I will say if you spend any amount of time on rough terrain you'll want to eventually zip it in with self taping screws like they suggest. You'll notice it start to deform or at-least I did, once I zipped it in zero problems.
I may still screw it in but I am going to see how it does because it is a pretty snug fit. I wasn’t expecting it to be so snug. I am definitely glad I decided on the 13.

CFE

Reaction score
I may still screw it in but I am going to see how it does because it is a pretty snug fit. I wasn’t expecting it to be so snug. I am definitely glad I decided on the 13.
How easy/quick is it to remove the bed topper? That's the next big ticket item I'm going to do to my HD, but need to find one that's easy and quick to take off for the times I haul my fifth wheel.

Lonestar

Reaction score
How easy/quick is it to remove the bed topper? That's the next big ticket item I'm going to do to my HD, but need to find one that's easy and quick to take off for the times I haul my fifth wheel.
It’s only 4 clamps on the center panel that holds it on. Manual says 10 mins to take off. I can’t believe it would take that long unless you have a bunch of stuff attached to the panels you would need to take off

Reactions: CFE

sawpdx

Reaction score
I pull a 30’ 5th wheel, I went with a Leer power rollup bed cover and a SwingCase storage bin on the passenger side of the bed. I keep my 5th wheel hitch and chains in the swing case.

Attachments

• IMG_7574.jpeg
    IMG_7574.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7573.jpeg
    IMG_7573.jpeg
    599.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7572.jpeg
    IMG_7572.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 52

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Installed all my goodies from @NHOverland so tomorrow I can focus on wiring and running antenna cables.

The antenna mounts are awesome - I replaced my fleabay special on the driverside along with the trashed WeBoost OTR antenna with a Bolton Technical Blade (I had a tree related incident and discovered how weak the weboost mast was lol). I also installed one on the passenger side along with a Rugged Radios Point5 GMRS tuned and claimed no ground plane required antenna on a Midland MXTA24 NMO cable. If you're looking at a cell booster and are using this location - skip the weboost OTR/Overland antenna. I love their boosters, but the Bolton Technical Blade is SO MUCH beefier of an antenna.

NHOverlandStuff - 1.jpegNHOverlandStuff - 2.jpeg

Next thing I got on there was extended overhead gear panel. Install is super easy, just don't go all gorilla on the thing. Luckily I didn't strip anything, but I did get one of the rivnuts to start turning. As we get closer to camping season I'm going to relocate/replace most of my 1st Aid/Road Side Emergency stuff up there with modular kits and away from being under the backseat.

NHOverlandStuff - 6.jpeg

I then moved over to tackle the seat gear panels (both sides). The install isn't bad, but I had to loosen the rear bolts on both seats and it was a bit of a PIA - Not NHOverlands fault, just my particular truck I guess. They installed well and I'll also be loading them up with stuff as we get closer to camping season. I'm probably going to put a vehicle escape tool on each, a miniFAK on each, a good utility knife on my side, and lastly a pouch full of charger cables on her side (for my sanity lol). The only thing I have left to do here is some floor liner surgery on my husky liners. @NHOverland is there a floor liner you recommend that won't need surgery ?

NHOverlandStuff - 4.jpegNHOverlandStuff - 5.jpeg

I saved the easiest for last - The Radio Bracket. This thing was really easy to install. I mounted my MXT275 bracket to the NHOverland bracket, pulled the cover on the center console, pulled the stock bolt, and bolted the bracket on. I still need to finish running the UHF cable into the cab and run power - Debating on if I want it on ignition power or constant 12v power. I was tempted to get an MXT575, but honestly for me there's no good reason. Most of the time I'm with buddies using handhelds or its my family using my handhelds - So I figured the MXT275 with a decent antenna configuration was more than enough for my needs.

NHOverlandStuff - 3.jpeg

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Got my UHF GMRS antenna connected, floormats trimmed, and GMRS radio install 95% buttoned up. Amazon shipped me the wrong length LMR240 cable for the LTE antenna so my bolt-on technical install is pending that and I just ordered a proclip (passenger side of radio) w/ the holder for the Midland microphone to put the finishing touch on the GMRS install.

To run the UHF cable inside I followed the factory harness up to one of the plastic floor plugs under the rear seat understorage area. I drilled a hole, passed the cable into the cab, put a good glob of elastic sealer on it, and topped that with some sounddeader mashed over it - I've found that method of sealing works really well when going through those plastic plugs. I also wrapped the antenna cable in the outdoor rated tesa tape anywhere it could get abrasions.

To power the radio I just used the same switched powersource from the upfitter plug that I had used for my weboost LTE booster. I then tidyed everything up by wrapping all visible cables in tesa tape as well as tucking them away out of sight as much as possible.

NHOverlandStuff - 1 (1).jpegNHOverlandStuff - 2 (1).jpegNHOverlandStuff - 3 (1).jpegNHOverlandStuff - 4 (1).jpegNHOverlandStuff - 5 (1).jpeg

Bluedevilman

Reaction score

I went with the softopper because we live in a 42 ft 5th wheel and travel full time. Never have to remove it. It just folds down like a jeep soft top. Possibly my favorite mod I ve done for my 3500.
51dce2fe4d3f437a3ab3d68052863ae8.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Wheelz

Reaction score
details on your cell booster please. I was looking at the WeBoost and after reading your post, guess i'll try the Bolton brand. Where'd you install the unit at?

Installed all my goodies from @NHOverland so tomorrow I can focus on wiring and running antenna cables.

The antenna mounts are awesome - I replaced my fleabay special on the driverside along with the trashed WeBoost OTR antenna with a Bolton Technical Blade (I had a tree related incident and discovered how weak the weboost mast was lol). I also installed one on the passenger side along with a Rugged Radios Point5 GMRS tuned and claimed no ground plane required antenna on a Midland MXTA24 NMO cable. If you're looking at a cell booster and are using this location - skip the weboost OTR/Overland antenna. I love their boosters, but the Bolton Technical Blade is SO MUCH beefier of an antenna.

View attachment 66045View attachment 66046

Next thing I got on there was extended overhead gear panel. Install is super easy, just don't go all gorilla on the thing. Luckily I didn't strip anything, but I did get one of the rivnuts to start turning. As we get closer to camping season I'm going to relocate/replace most of my 1st Aid/Road Side Emergency stuff up there with modular kits and away from being under the backseat.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
details on your cell booster please. I was looking at the WeBoost and after reading your post, guess i'll try the Bolton brand. Where'd you install the unit at?

I've got a WeBoost Drive Reach Booster, the weboost internal antenna, and then bolton technical blade external antenna. The Drive booster is installed under my back seat, the internal antenna is hidden in my center console (needed a 5ft SMA Male to SMA Female extension cable), and I'm going to be using a 15ft run of LMR240 to the Bolton Technical mounted out back.

The WeBoost OTR/Overland antenna worked well, but the mast is not very study if it gets snagged on stuff. Its gonna suck traveling this coming week for work without the booster since I won't have my correct LMR240 cable until Friday after I get back. It really does make a world of difference in areas where my Verizon coverage is marginal or spotty, it also helps get rid of the hwy dead spots on major freeways out in rural areas.

NHOverland

Reaction score
Swapped out the muffler for the Magna Flow direct replacement muffler to "fix" a exhaust rattle only to find out it wasn't the muffler... :rolleyes: It happened to be the tie bar between the Cats that had broken on one side causing the rattle. Cut it the rest of the way off and solved it. Go figure, a 1 hour job swapping the muffler only to be solved with a Sawzall and 30 seconds.
PSX_20231201_180451.jpg
It is a bit louder than I was hoping for, but is has a good tone and low interior sound. Even sounds okay in MDS.

On another note, the craftmanship on the stock muffler was subpar. I always had a funny whooshing/hissing sound out of the exhaust and wonder if this was the cause.
PSX_20231201_180354.jpg

batman900

Reaction score
I pull a 30’ 5th wheel, I went with a Leer power rollup bed cover and a SwingCase storage bin on the passenger side of the bed. I keep my 5th wheel hitch and chains in the swing case.
How was the install of the swing case? I added one to my cart on Amazon and I'm waiting for it to drop in price again. No tonneau cover so I'm hoping it keeps rain out, reviews are mixed.

DougB

Reaction score
Installed Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags in the my 2022 2500. Truck tows my 36’ TT fine. The WDH has it level and nearly 50/50 weight distribution. But there’s a little wiggle here and there I think is due to the coil springs and hoping the bags take that away.
I located the schrader valves just under the trailer camera connector. Had to cut a rectangle in m the inner plastic piece as there are inner and outer plastic parts there.

Won’t be towing until the spring so won’t know if they help until then. Didn’t use cradles since suspension is stock height.

7F78C8A0-4FC1-42E5-AA0E-DA0137C2A4EA.jpeg F732D789-C758-47A4-9E2B-1E247370B52A.jpeg560BD345-B0A0-443C-B502-61E56B7A26D9.jpeg3AD0DC18-516C-413B-BD89-7A4CF79FF15D.jpegFE84B281-B2D2-4448-A7FF-DB32DE4803A4.jpeg ACBDCCB4-42B6-4582-9E52-9CC38C1C888F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread