Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1E7890E6-C22D-4696-A05F-65611C13DC07.jpeg
    1E7890E6-C22D-4696-A05F-65611C13DC07.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 93
  • BEC9C66B-B42F-4A9C-8A7E-C9F228E7DEBA.jpeg
    BEC9C66B-B42F-4A9C-8A7E-C9F228E7DEBA.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 93

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Started cleaning my neglected wheels. Not a big fan of washing my vehicle but it was getting a bit ridiculous.

I was super impressed with this spray on rinse off wheel cleaner I used from Adam’s. They’re not fully clean but impressively clean for not scrubbing and probably a year worth of crap on the wheels.

IMG_4447.jpegIMG_4448.jpeg

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Started cleaning my neglected wheels. Not a big fan of washing my vehicle but it was getting a bit ridiculous.

I was super impressed with this spray on rinse off wheel cleaner I used from Adam’s. They’re not fully clean but impressively clean for not scrubbing and probably a year worth of crap on the wheels.

View attachment 66172View attachment 66173
Cleaning vinegar/water will acid wash brake dust and mineral right off, I would imagine that a very weak muriatic solution would do the same but never have.

unclelala

Reaction score
Painted the end of the exhaust black with high temp paint. Looks so much better. Also noticed while doing a tire rotation, they don't paint black all the way into the face of the lug nut hole surface. Lame

View attachment 66276
I painted my a couple years back with the black high temp but it went blotchy. I thought I did all the prep work to the letter, anyway it still looks better than the oem pipe.

sawpdx

Reaction score
How was the install of the swing case? I added one to my cart on Amazon and I'm waiting for it to drop in price again. No tonneau cover so I'm hoping it keeps rain out, reviews are mixed.
I had to make a small modification to the top forward mounting bolt, basically added a 1/2" long aluminum tube with a slight angle on one end that bolted to the side wall of the bed. There just happend to be a large radius on the inner sidewall from the factory right where that bolt needed to go. I keep my hitch ball and saftey chains in it and I have no problems with rain intrusion, even if I forget to close the tonneau cover.

Attachments

• IMG_7598.jpeg
    IMG_7598.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 39

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I use a goose neck setup simular to this one on my truck so no clearance issues, besides I have to leave the cover open when pulling the 5th wheel.

Those things are dangerous and will break stuff.

Really, really, really bad idea and I'm not afraid to say it. Hurt feels are better than hurt bodies.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Those things are dangerous and will break stuff.

Really, really, really bad idea and I'm not afraid to say it. Hurt feels are better than hurt bodies.
For those of us unfamiliar, what the issue?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
For those of us unfamiliar, what the issue?

Big lever on the pinbox and pinbox frame that they were not designed to handle. Plenty of documented broken stuff.

Close friend ran one for a few years after I warned against it and he finally saw the light when it ripped the kingpin plate off his pinbox.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Ahh, didn’t realize it was an adapter for a 5th wheel. Yeah, I can see how that would be putting an awful lot of stress on 4 relatively small bolts. Seems like a bad idea just looking at it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh, didn’t realize it was an adapter for a 5th wheel. Yeah, I can see how that would be putting an awful lot of stress on 4 relatively small bolts. Seems like a bad idea just looking at it.

It's not so much the shear stress on the pinbox attachment bolts, but the way the stress is applied to the pinbox frame.

If you have an RV on an LCI (Lippert) frame, they will void the frame warranty if using one of those GN adapters.

sawpdx

Reaction score
It's not so much the shear stress on the pinbox attachment bolts, but the way the stress is applied to the pinbox frame.

If you have an RV on an LCI (Lippert) frame, they will void the frame warranty if using one of those GN adapters.

The one I use has 4 outside bolts that go thru the face plate of the pin box. There is also a center bolt, I’m guessing it’s 1 and 1/4 dia bolt, that gets torqued down against the bottom of the king pin. My 5th wheel is a 1/2 ton towable, I only use it maybe 3 times a year and never travel out of state with it. Most trips are 150 miles or less.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The one I use has 4 outside bolts that go thru the face plate of the pin box. There is also a center bolt, I’m guessing it’s 1 and 1/4 dia bolt, that gets torqued down against the bottom of the king pin. My 5th wheel is a 1/2 ton towable, I only use it maybe 3 times a year and never travel out of state with it. Most trips are 150 miles or less.

Buy a goosebox.

CFE

Reaction score

Buy a goosebox.

Goosebox is the only Lippert frame approved "gooseneck" style hook up. The gen-y, the dangerous anderson gooseneck hitch or any other hitch isn't approved by Lippert - for reasons. Brutal HO is correct, if anything at all happens - it'll be catastrophic.

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Got this little guy for the wife to paint match to my 21 ram 3500. Can't wait to see it in Olive Green Pearl. It's the little things in life. Literally
9386c8d7b7f1e8c68cbb5f38fee3466c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

unclelala

Reaction score
Got this little guy for the wife to paint match to my 21 ram 3500. Can't wait to see it in Olive Green Pearl. It's the little things in life. Literally
9386c8d7b7f1e8c68cbb5f38fee3466c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
What scale is that, and where/link did u get it ? Bought some of the Yellow Stone Ram series 1/20 scale for the grand son but their quality is a little disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread