Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Slamman18Z

Reaction score
Installed some ditch lights. I found some mounts for a Jeep Gladiator that I could put them in the back bed and have the option to light up the truck bed or anywhere along the side of the truck. I ordered a set of bezel rings that will match the truck but they haven't come in yet. I think KC is discontinuing these lights which probably has something to do with the delay.

KC HILITES FLEX LED SINGLE SPOT PAIR
Motobilt Gladiator Bed Light Mounts

Ditch light1.jpg

Attachments

• Ditch light4.jpg
    Ditch light4.jpg
    855.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Ditch light3.jpg
    Ditch light3.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Ditch light2.jpg
    Ditch light2.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 98

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I don't have ditch lights, but do have two small spots on the front pointing outward to serve the same effect. They were incredibly helpful last week every morning while driving to the trailhead before heading out hunting in the dark. Allowed me to see deer just off the trail much sooner than I'd have been able to without them.

GODZ_MFG

Reaction score
Not today technically, but something I have been working on for a bit! Full power management and wire organization for us overlaNERDs.

ph1.jpg

Here is a link to a separate thread I created to not clutter this thread.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
I see a lot of people installing “ditch” lights. In all my years of driving and off-roading I’ve never needed to see what’s in a ditch next to me.

I’m sure there’s a reason for these, but what is it?
The deer/ moose/ elk here will come smoking out of a ditch and broadside you. The more you can see the better. That being said I see drivers that don’t even lift when game is in the ditch so everyone to their own I guess. The good guy thing to do here is to hit the 4-ways for several seconds as you pass game so the driver behind has a head’s up.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Changed the oil, filter, and both fuel filters.

Only 7,627 miles on that oil and all the filters but 18 months. Saw a little milk on the inside of the oil cap, but the truck has been sitting and wasn't really warmed up. Didn't see that last time I added oil. My toolbox has also been catching a lot of condensation with the weather lately.

I'll have to keep an eye on it as I also had to add 1600ml of antifreeze a few weeks ago. That may be related to the Y78 but the low coolant light came on quite unexpectedly assuming they had the level set properly. Going to send the oil out for analysis too.

Filters looked pretty good IMHO. I think with the CP3 recall done, I'm def going to push these to 100% life on the gauge from now on so probably only change them every 2+ years. PITA for sure. The rear "drained" then leaked fuel everywhere when I unscrewed it. I had to unbolt the Aisin dipstick bracket to get the front one out. That 28mm shallow socket sure made quick work of the caps.

20221108_174930.jpg

1667978539902.jpeg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Took a picture of the blown RR shock.

Disappointing @ only 11.588 miles and I go Elk hunting Friday.

No wonder it's been hopping around like a Jack F *** ing Russel Terrier on meth.

1667978946609.jpeg

FWIW, I can't believe the rust under this thing. My 04 didn't look like this for probably 12+ years.

They must be skimping on paint.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Changed the oil, filter, and both fuel filters.

Only 7,627 miles on that oil and all the filters but 18 months. Saw a little milk on the inside of the oil cap, but the truck has been sitting and wasn't really warmed up. Didn't see that last time I added oil. My toolbox has also been catching a lot of condensation with the weather lately.

I'll have to keep an eye on it as I also had to add 1600ml of antifreeze a few weeks ago. That may be related to the Y78 but the low coolant light came on quite unexpectedly assuming they had the level set properly. Going to send the oil out for analysis too.

Filters looked pretty good IMHO. I think with the CP3 recall done, I'm def going to push these to 100% life on the gauge from now on so probably only change them every 2+ years. PITA for sure. The rear "drained" then leaked fuel everywhere when I unscrewed it. I had to unbolt the Aisin dipstick bracket to get the front one out. That 28mm shallow socket sure made quick work of the caps.

View attachment 47162

View attachment 47163
Good luck on the analysis. Hopefully that milkiness is just condensation and not your potentially missing coolant.

123zk

Reaction score
S

No wonder it's been hopping around like a Jack F *** ing Russel Terrier on meth.

View attachment 47164

FWIW, I can't believe the rust under this thing. My 04 didn't look like this for probably 12+ years.

View attachment 47164

Should have rust checked your truck when it was brand new.

Lerker

Reaction score

View attachment 47164

I'm nervous I may have a blown shock, too. Not sure if it's that, or if it's residue from fluid film. Keeping an eye on it, but seeing you have one has me a little more nervous. Week sauce, man.

Users who are viewing this thread