Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
Took a picture of the blown RR shock.

Disappointing @ only 11.588 miles and I go Elk hunting Friday.

No wonder it's been hopping around like a Jack F *** ing Russel Terrier on meth.

View attachment 47164

FWIW, I can't believe the rust under this thing. My 04 didn't look like this for probably 12+ years.

They must be skimping on paint.

Good luck with that elk..

buzzuti

Reaction score
Took a picture of the blown RR shock.

Disappointing @ only 11.588 miles and I go Elk hunting Friday.

No wonder it's been hopping around like a Jack F *** ing Russel Terrier on meth.

View attachment 47164

FWIW, I can't believe the rust under this thing. My 04 didn't look like this for probably 12+ years.

They must be skimping on paint.

I have been bumping into posts on the poor quality of the shocks lately. Many similar < 15k leak stories.
A real bummer.

Curious as to your plan for replacements. (taking notes lol)
Been digging around on option the last couple weeks.

Picking up an Arctic Fox 1150 the week after Thanksgiving, so suspension research has been on the agenda.
Got a rear anti-sway bar (roadmaster) being delivered tomorrow, so install this weekend.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
I have been bumping into posts on the poor quality of the shocks lately. Many similar < 15k leak stories.
A real bummer.

Picking up an Arctic Fox 1150 the week after Thanksgiving, so suspension research has been on the agenda.
Got a rear anti-sway bar (roadmaster) being delivered tomorrow, so install this weekend.

Seems nobody considers Rancho’s much anymore but I put on some 9000s, have the back dialed in perfectly for towing/wheeling/around town compromise IMO…the PW is always running heavy. Still fiddle with the fronts from time to time. Love them over the stock Bils for sure, solid and disposable cheap..what I wanted after dealing with high dollar and leaky Foxes on the last truck.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
A real bummer.

Going Bilstein 5100's.

Have had Rancho's in the past, just not a fan anymore.

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Duraflaps installed and did an installation video for them on a 2022 RAM HO Laramie Dually. Great coverage and has really cut down on how much crap ends up on the rear fenders. Also seems to be keeping the front of the 5th wheel clean.

Attachments

• IMG-1700.jpg
    IMG-1700.jpg
    700.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG-1701.jpg
    IMG-1701.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 100

AEV_CUMMINS

Reaction score
Installed this guy last night....took it for a 20-25 mile round trip drive to dinner last night....no leaks and unloaded the 69 never got above 140...I have another wheeling trip coming up with just the one rig this time so I'll be pulling around 9500 lbs....I'll post the temps when I get back from that trip...
I was going to do this but the main use of the stock one is when it is cold outside, it will help the trans warm up quicker which most damage happens at low temps. if I lived in a climate that never got below freezing, I would do this though.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Not sure I would want that black snot dripping into my turbo but each to their own. Dripping on to the road surface made of similar material seems reasonable to me.
I think I'd do a catch can instead. If you're letting it drip then you're going to spot your driveway/garage, and drip that crap all over trails (if you happen to offroad). Not really in line with tread lightly principles/leave it better than you found it.

Users who are viewing this thread